Start by marking “Answering the Guy Questions: The Set-Apart Girl’s Guide to Relating to the Opposite Sex” as Want to Read:

Bestselling author and speaker Leslie Ludy follows up her powerful, ground-breaking release, Set-Apart Femininity, with the book every young woman has been waiting for. How does today's young woman handle the difficult questions surrounding guys, relationships, and waiting for the right one? Leslie uses her experiences, both in mentoring numerous girls and with her own bea ...more
Published March 1st 2009 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Answering the Guy Questions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Answering the Guy Questions

Halee
This book was certainly a very pleasant surprise! I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. This was such a quick, but powerful read, and Leslie writes truth-sometimes bluntly, but in a refreshing, non-judgemental way. Yay! My kind of reading.

I was so impacted by her thoughts on masculinity, gender roles, modesty standards, purity,ect. She's just such a great, wise author!

Another tiny thing I liked was how many quotes she included in here. Quotes from godly young men, magazine artic
Shantelle
What can I say about this book?? It was incredible! I read it through in one day, and believe me, I usually cannot do that with these “self-help” types of books. But I did with Answering the Guy Questions. And I couldn’t stop thinking about it… still can’t stop thinking about it. Leslie Ludy addressed some tough issues, but with stunning truth! I truly loved this book! It’s the best self-help book I have read yet.

Some things she talks about are… guys and lust… what should we women do about it?
Emmeline (The Book Herald)
Oct 07, 2013 Emmeline (The Book Herald) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, christian
What can I say about this book, but that I urge you all my sisters in the LORD to read this book. It is entirely scriptural and has the power to stir your heart with love for our heavenly King and return him as your first love. It certainly did for me! I feel like my eyes have opened to so many new things and you know what, this book is a lot about the qualities a warrior poet man who is worthy of your heart should have. However, to me while I very much want to be married to a warrior poet somed ...more
Leah
Apr 15, 2011 Leah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
This was an amazing book. I learned SO much.
Mostly about having a good relationship with God.
And staying pure in your thought life, and friend ships and relationships with guys.
Cafelilybookreviews
Apr 27, 2010 Cafelilybookreviews rated it liked it

If you're a single woman who has given up on finding the right guy - Leslie Ludy has some powerful advice for you in her newest book: Answering the Guy Questions - The Set Apart Girl's Guide To Relating To The Opposite Sex.

Drawing from her own personal experience and the stories of young men and women who are tired of the oversexed dating scene, Leslie exposes the modern myths of today's critical relationship issues and offers a fresh, Biblical perspective on finding a mate.

Her first piece of ad
Feb 01, 2009 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Definitley a quick read since it's only 150 pages long. But, it packs alot of good advice in a small book. The way that she presents things to girls makes you stop and examine the way you interact with the opposite sex. The practical advice that she gives about handeling tough situations is something every girl needs to take into consideration. If you truely want a God honoring relationship, then you need to remember that Jesus is the author of your romance and He's the ultimate lover of your so ...more
Hannah
Jan 04, 2016 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: purity-books
Another fantastic book by Mrs. Ludy!!! Answering the Guy Questions definitely gave me a lot of insight into how to relate to the opposite sex. She showed how we need to encourage guys into becoming "warrior poets" as she put it. We have a huge role to play in our guy friends lives and we can encourage them toward Christ in the way that we act, dress, and talk or we can pull them away from Him. I loved how she shared some very practical advice throughout the book as well as lots of good insight i ...more
Aug 17, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Leslie Ludy is great about giving straight-forward advice that you can take to heart. Not only does she give you an opinion, but she explains it in such a way that you can see things from her point of view and know why she is wanting you to change your habits. She also uses a lot of scripture references to back her up. I'd recommend this book to teen girls looking for answers.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2009...
Becket
Jun 26, 2012 Becket rated it really liked it
Good read. Fast read! Leslie Ludy's encouragements on how to keep our heart centered on Christ was layed out well in this book. She reminds us that Jesus Christ is our Heavenly Husband who, alone, loves us perfectly; therefore, we should seek Him first in everything we do, especially where our hearts are concerned. I don't think I'm 100% on-board with her idea of the biblical way to interact with your boyfriend or fiance, but it was good, for the most part.
Katya Lobets
Aug 13, 2014 Katya Lobets rated it it was amazing
Great for girls that are not in a relationship, it has a lot of great advice of what to look for in a guy and much, much more. Highly suggest it. I don't recommend it to marriage girls/women, I'm married and read this book. Didn't find a lot that I would use for myself since it's more for girls/women that are not in a relationship.
Christina
Sep 30, 2011 Christina rated it it was amazing
I definately liked this book..as well as all the other books I have read by Eric and Leslie Ludy. This book really gives you a different perspective to modern men today both Christian and men that are not so Christ focused.....it really gives you things to think about and it is an easy book to relate to.
Emilie
Apr 02, 2013 Emilie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one of the best books I've read. It's message is so much more than just "don't flirt, dress modestly, etc."(though it does cover those topics), but making Jesus Christ our focus and our first love. I would highly recommend it to any girl.
Stephanie
May 25, 2010 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I wish i had read this book 14 years ago. It has valuable information about how and why we should protect our interaction with men (as women). Beautiful standard setting material for any young woman who is growing up!
Hannah
May 09, 2010 Hannah rated it liked it
I enjoyed Leslie's book "Set-Apart Femininity" more than I liked this one. I really enjoyed her practical tips and fresh point of view. She has an awesome message in this book - maybe it just didn't make as deep an impression on me as "Set-Apart Femininity." =)
Bethany1991 Jones
Mar 21, 2011 Bethany1991 Jones rated it it was amazing
This book is for any girls that want to understand how guys thing and why they do the things they do. It will not only cause you to see the guys in your school or church better but also give you a new look at your brothers and father.
Mary Ann
Gave it to my teen to read.
Madison Wasinger
Jan 11, 2011 Madison Wasinger rated it really liked it
Good, clear-cut answers and message to frequently asked questions about guys.
Moriah
Oct 01, 2014 Moriah rated it it was amazing
Leslie answers the tough relationship questions...
This book surpassed my expectations!
Iris
Iris rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
Liza Taveta
Liza Taveta rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Angelina
Angelina rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2015
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2015
Mei
Mei rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Ashlee
Ashlee rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Ari Nelson
Ari Nelson rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Brianna Hand
Brianna Hand rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2012
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Hayley
Hayley rated it liked it
May 11, 2016
  • When God Writes Your Life Story: Experience the Ultimate Adventure
  • Praying for Your Future Husband: Preparing Your Heart for His
  • Preparing To Be a Help Meet
  • Uncompromising: A Heart Claimed By a Radical Love
  • It’s (Not That) Complicated: How to Relate to Guys in a Healthy, Sane, and Biblical Way
  • Joyfully at Home: A Book for Young Ladies on Vision and Hope
  • And the Bride Wore White: Seven Secrets to Sexual Purity
  • God's Heart for You: Embracing Your True Worth as a Woman
  • The Complex Infrastructure Known as the Female Mind: According to Relient K
  • Emotional Purity: An Affair of the Heart
Leslie Ludy is the bestselling author of Set-Apart Femininity, When God Writes Your Love Story, Authentic Beauty, and more than a dozen other books she has coauthored with her husband, Eric. She reaches thousands of young women each year and is passionate about helping them discover Christ's design for their lives. Leslie and Eric live with their three children in Colorado.
More about Leslie Ludy...