Start by marking “Beyond Morning Sickness: Battling Hyperemesis Gravidarum” as Want to Read:
Beyond Morning Sickness: Battling Hyperemesis Gravidarum

Beyond Morning Sickness: Battling Hyperemesis Gravidarum

4.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  28 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Beyond Morning Sickness is a convenient source of helpful information for those suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum and for the people who care for them. The book consists of medical information and personal stories.
Published December 26th 2006 by Booksurge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Morning Sickness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Morning Sickness

Jill
Feb 09, 2011 Jill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-books
This has been the MOST HELPFUL book while dealing with my Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Most people have never heard of this and when one says they were very sick with morning sickness, other's usually chime in with a "oh me too".
Like it says, this is BEYOND Morning Sickness.
This is my fourth pregnancy (third child) and first pregnancy with HG. I know if I had this the first time around, we would have never had more children.
After trying several different medications, being hospitalized for dehydrati
LeahMarie Silverman
Feb 07, 2013 LeahMarie Silverman rated it it was amazing
Beyond Morning Sickness by Ashli Foshee McCall is a book about hyperemesis gravidarum. As such, it doesn’t have an incredibly wide audience. But, I’m choosing to blog about it because for the target audience it is an incredibly valuable book. I know, because I belong in that group.

I recently read this book because I am in the midst of my third hyperemesis pregnancy. Because I have been down this hellish road before, I already knew much of what I read in this book (although it did give me some ne
Gea
Feb 10, 2009 Gea rated it really liked it
Not just morning sickness. Did you know that there is a serious (and more common than you think) severe and dangerous illness that some pregnant women experience? This is an important book that exposes the lack of medical care and lack of understanding and support that women with Hyperemesis gravidarum experience. The only downside of this book is that the author holds a Christian slant and does NOT support women in their choice to terminant their pregnancy.

Over 50,000 American women are hospita
Jan 02, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
I had hyperemesis with with my 3rd and 4th pregnancies. This book was published in between those two pregnancies and when I read this book in the early stages of my last pregnancy, I wept and wept. I finally felt like *someone* out there understood what I was going through. Finding this book and the community around the HER foundation transformed my pregnancy experience. It was still incredibly difficult and challenging but I finally understood what was going on and could help direct the best me ...more
Scooping it Up
Sep 14, 2009 Scooping it Up rated it it was amazing
I wept through most of this book. It completely validated my experiences with my 2nd pregnancy, and even my less-bad first pregnancy.

I read this only after I had my baby. I wish I'd had it while I was going through it. I had no idea what I had was an actual disease, that other women experienced it in nearly identical ways, and that many OBs do not handle care appropriately, like mine. He was horrible.

This book is interesting on it's own merit, discussing a not-often discussed aspect of pregnanc
Amanda
Feb 09, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I am currently suffering from hyperemesis. This is my second pregnancy with this condition and this time it is even more severe. The day I got this book I spent most of the day in bed with it. The medical information is very complete. The stories of women who have suffered with this illness were heartfelt and brought tears to my eyes. After reading this book, I finally felt like I wasn't alone. This is a must read for everyone with hyperemesis gravidarum or anyone who loves someone with it.
Niamh Devine
Jun 15, 2012 Niamh Devine rated it liked it
Worth a read if you have suffered with hyperemesis especially if you are thinking of more children, it has some good tips for things to do before you conceive that might help, worth a shot anyway
Robyn
Jul 18, 2008 Robyn rated it it was amazing
Anyone who deals with this would benefit from it. Mainly it helps you to read everyones stories and know your not alone.
Lori
Nov 16, 2007 Lori rated it it was amazing
This book was a very helpful read...very well written...a topic that was extensively researched by the author.
Andrea
Oct 01, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing

I wish I could have read this before I had HG. Great tips for coping.
Meredith
May 16, 2009 Meredith rated it it was amazing
The Bible for those diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum and their families.
Rocktober
Oct 19, 2012 Rocktober rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! Extremely helpful and full of hope for HG'ers!
Liesel
Jan 19, 2009 Liesel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-learned
Best book on the topic...I've read them all.
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2016
Sarah Halvorsen
Sarah Halvorsen rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Leahanna Mummert
Leahanna Mummert is currently reading it
May 31, 2016
Fernanda
Fernanda marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Vijayakumar
Vijayakumar marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Kellie Barlow
Kellie Barlow rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2015
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Rayne
Rayne added it
Oct 03, 2015
Libby Lee Allex
Libby Lee Allex rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2015
Cathy Markwood
Cathy Markwood rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Chasity
Chasity rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2014
Tammy
Tammy added it
Sep 08, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Lori Reed
Lori Reed marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Hugholine
Hugholine marked it as to-read
May 19, 2013
Robynn Bodinsky
Robynn Bodinsky rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2012