Start by marking “Beyond Morning Sickness: Battling Hyperemesis Gravidarum” as Want to Read:
Beyond Morning Sickness: Battling Hyperemesis Gravidarum

Beyond Morning Sickness: Battling Hyperemesis Gravidarum

4.74 of 5 stars 4.74  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Beyond Morning Sickness is a convenient source of helpful information for those suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum and for the people who care for them. The book consists of medical information and personal stories.
Published December 26th 2006 by BookSurge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Morning Sickness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Morning Sickness

Jill
This has been the MOST HELPFUL book while dealing with my Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Most people have never heard of this and when one says they were very sick with morning sickness, other's usually chime in with a "oh me too".
Like it says, this is BEYOND Morning Sickness.
This is my fourth pregnancy (third child) and first pregnancy with HG. I know if I had this the first time around, we would have never had more children.
After trying several different medications, being hospitalized for dehydrati
LeahMarie Silverman
Beyond Morning Sickness by Ashli Foshee McCall is a book about hyperemesis gravidarum. As such, it doesn’t have an incredibly wide audience. But, I’m choosing to blog about it because for the target audience it is an incredibly valuable book. I know, because I belong in that group.

I recently read this book because I am in the midst of my third hyperemesis pregnancy. Because I have been down this hellish road before, I already knew much of what I read in this book (although it did give me some ne
Gea
Not just morning sickness. Did you know that there is a serious (and more common than you think) severe and dangerous illness that some pregnant women experience? This is an important book that exposes the lack of medical care and lack of understanding and support that women with Hyperemesis gravidarum experience. The only downside of this book is that the author holds a Christian slant and does NOT support women in their choice to terminant their pregnancy.

Over 50,000 American women are hospita
I had hyperemesis with with my 3rd and 4th pregnancies. This book was published in between those two pregnancies and when I read this book in the early stages of my last pregnancy, I wept and wept. I finally felt like *someone* out there understood what I was going through. Finding this book and the community around the HER foundation transformed my pregnancy experience. It was still incredibly difficult and challenging but I finally understood what was going on and could help direct the best me ...more
Scooping it Up
I wept through most of this book. It completely validated my experiences with my 2nd pregnancy, and even my less-bad first pregnancy.

I read this only after I had my baby. I wish I'd had it while I was going through it. I had no idea what I had was an actual disease, that other women experienced it in nearly identical ways, and that many OBs do not handle care appropriately, like mine. He was horrible.

This book is interesting on it's own merit, discussing a not-often discussed aspect of pregnanc
Amanda
I am currently suffering from hyperemesis. This is my second pregnancy with this condition and this time it is even more severe. The day I got this book I spent most of the day in bed with it. The medical information is very complete. The stories of women who have suffered with this illness were heartfelt and brought tears to my eyes. After reading this book, I finally felt like I wasn't alone. This is a must read for everyone with hyperemesis gravidarum or anyone who loves someone with it.
Niamh Devine
Worth a read if you have suffered with hyperemesis especially if you are thinking of more children, it has some good tips for things to do before you conceive that might help, worth a shot anyway
Robyn
Anyone who deals with this would benefit from it. Mainly it helps you to read everyones stories and know your not alone.
Lori
This book was a very helpful read...very well written...a topic that was extensively researched by the author.
Andrea

I wish I could have read this before I had HG. Great tips for coping.
Meredith
The Bible for those diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum and their families.
Rocktober
This book is amazing! Extremely helpful and full of hope for HG'ers!
Liesel
Best book on the topic...I've read them all.
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Tammy
Tammy added it
Sep 08, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Lori Reed
Lori Reed marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Hugholine
Hugholine marked it as to-read
May 19, 2013
Brea
Brea marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2012
Brooke
Brooke is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2012
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2011