Start by marking “Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars” as Want to Read:
Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars

Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  52 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
An illustrated book featuring stories that contain the wonderfully funny (and usually innocent) things that children say. It helps you look at life through a child's eyes.
Published January 13th 2009 by Michael Joseph (first published November 6th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars

Jenna
Dec 15, 2015 Jenna rated it really liked it
I read this a couple of anecdotes at a time and I enjoyed it. It's light hearted and fun and you can't help laugh at the things kids say. It's a bit twee and small doses is the way to go.
Julie
Dec 14, 2014 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lovely little book celebrating the innocence of children.
Karen
Nov 16, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely hilarious. If you need a quick pick-me up, then this is the book for you. As each story is told in sections, you can pick it up at any time, read a few and be laughing out loud in minutes. The saying "out of the mouths of babes" is certainly true, and these stories reflect how children say things without any thought or consideration, with the funniest results. READ IT NOW!!
Anne
May 21, 2010 Anne rated it it was amazing
A really wonderful pick-me-up of a book. I enjoyed 'A Wayne In A Manger' and 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars' is just as funny with some fabulous stories of the things that children say.

It's lovely to be reminded of just how innocent most little children are and the dryness of the Yorkshire humour that runs through the book.
Faye
Aug 13, 2011 Faye rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who needs some quick cheering up.
I loved this book! Enjoyable, funny and heart-warming. It takes you to an innocent world of children, full of fun and laughter. I devoured the book in an hour and had a smile on my face all day.
Michele
Feb 11, 2009 Michele rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
Some may say this writer is far fetched but for me he is an entertainment and gives great pleasure.What could we all learn from Mr Phinn? To shut up and listen.
Wilde Sky
Dec 13, 2013 Wilde Sky rated it liked it
A school inspector recounts various anecdotes.

Amusing in places, but not as funny as ‘A Wayne in a Manager’ (by the same author).
Kelly
Mar 06, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
really funny love this author
Alison
Alison added it
Jan 31, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Anca
Anca added it
Jan 16, 2016
Mr Trevor Roberts
Mr Trevor Roberts marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Ruth Jordan
Ruth Jordan rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
PETER MILLER
PETER MILLER rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
lisa richardson
lisa richardson rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Ellen Blenkinsop
Ellen Blenkinsop rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2015
Denise Elvy
Denise Elvy rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2015
Peta-Dee Rawlinson
Peta-Dee Rawlinson rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Joanne How
Joanne How rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2014
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
ELSS Library
ELSS Library marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
John Munro
John Munro marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
B
B added it
Jun 19, 2014
Maureen
Maureen rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Gervase Phinn (born 27 December 1946, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, England) is an English author and educator. After a career as a teacher he became a schools inspector and, latterly, Visiting Professor of Education at the University of Teesside. He has published five volumes of memoir, collections of poetry and a number of books about education. He has a particular interest in children's literatur ...more
More about Gervase Phinn...