Start by marking “Lucinda's Secret: Rahasia Lucinda (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lucinda's Secret: Rahasia Lucinda (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #3)

Lucinda's Secret: Rahasia Lucinda (The Spiderwick Chronicles #3)

3.87  ·  Rating Details ·  25,828 Ratings  ·  742 Reviews
Jared dan kedua saudaranya memutuskan untuk mengunjungi bibi buyut mereka, Lucinda Spiderwick di rumah sakit jiwa. Mereka pikir, Lucinda-lah orang yang tepat untuk mereka tanyai tentang makhluk-makhluk itu. Setibanya di sana, mereka sadar Lucinda tidak gila, ia percaya pada makhluk-makhluk sejenis peri seperti yang juga telah dilihat oleh Jared, Simon dan Mallory. Hal ters ...more
Published October 2004 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 2003)

Reem Alkhalaf
Mar 22, 2017 Reem Alkhalaf rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
وتستمر المتعة
Taylor Knight
I read the Spiderwick Chronicles back when I was quite young, maybe eight or nine. My sister and I read the crap out these books (we must have read them 15 times, no joke) and I've been wanting to revist this series and the wonderful fantasy world that Holly and Tony created for awhile now but I've finally gotten around to it.

The writing partnership of Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi is remarkable and this series is by far some of the most well written literature that I've ever read.
The three ma
P
Aug 08, 2015 P rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
เนือเรืองคอยๆเผยมาทีละนิดทีหนอย สำหรับเลมนีเราไดรูความลับของอารเธอร สไปเดอรวิกและไดรูวาหนังสือเลมนันมีความสำคัญยังไง เลมนีการผจญภัยไมคอยนาตืนเตนเทาไร แอบเซงตรงนิสัยของจาเรดนิดๆ ยึดติดหนังสือยังไมเทาไร พอมีอะไรชอบโทษมัลลอรีพีสาวตัวเองนีสิ ! แตชอบฉากตรงทีเดกๆไปคุยกับปาลูซินดานะ ดูขลังดี

(view spoiler)
Nikki
Evelyn (devours and digests words)
Holly Black truly has the uncanny ability to weave out a good story that circles around the fey folks. I've always enjoyed her fairy themed books. This one didn't disappoint.
Plus, the beautiful artworks Tony DiTerlizzi drew really blended in well with the story.
Maria
Aug 05, 2013 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-william
I read this book with my son as part of his summer reading, and I asked him to describe the book for my review. He responded that this is a book that is difficult to describe. He liked the mystery, and really enjoyed how the whimsical illustrations supported elements of the narrative. He found this book (number 3 of 5) to be interesting because of the mysteries that are introduced: The reader is finally introduced to Aunt Lucinda and the Wood Elves make their first appearance. There is less acti ...more
Janeen-san
In yet antoher Spiderwick Chronicel, the kids go visit their Anut Lucinda to ask if she,too, knew about the fairies, and how she can help them get rid of all the trouble they've been getting into. In the proscess, Simon almost ruins his future by eating magical fruit, and Jared and Mallory get into a fight.
Back home, even MORE danger comes their way....

Read this book to find out more!
I really liked it because, bsides talking to trolls, riding griffons and eating cookies, the Grace children argue
Amy
Jul 01, 2016 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice read.
Lupe Dominguez
Definitely more action packed than the others have been! Very engaging!!
Angela Twidwell
Not only do Jared, Simon, and Mallory have to deal with Thimbletack pestering the household constantly, but they are learning how to solve the mystery of their great uncle Arthur Spiderwick. They are trying to learn about all the creatures that surround their house, and how the field guide came to be. The kids learn that their Aunt Lucinda (Arthur's daughter) lives in a psychiatric hospital near by, and they think they will finally get the answers they seek by talking to her. Lucinda tells them ...more
Siobhan
Oct 11, 2014 Siobhan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can honestly say that this series is one that was really let down by the film adaptation. Back when the film was released I found myself excited for what was to come, only to be extremely disappointed with what we were given. If you’re someone who enjoyed the film then I really do suggest that you read the books to find out just how great they actually are rather than taking the film standpoint on it.

The third book is another great addition to the series, the book which really gets the ball ro
Michelle ( Tea&Titles)
Still re-reading and re-living my childhood.
Jessy
Apr 06, 2017 Jessy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Con lo que me gustan los elfos y me salen con esto -.-
Me gustó la "estrategia" que usaron. Ya quiero ver que otro ser aparece :3
Lucy
Title: The Spiderwick Chronicles-Lucinda’s Secret
Author: Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
Illustrator: N/A
Genre: Fantasy Fiction
Theme(s): Belief, Wonder, Fantasy vs. Reality, Curiosity
Opening line/sentence: “Jared Grace took out a red shirt, turned it inside out, and put it on backward. He tried to do the same with his jeans, but that was beyond him.”
Brief Book Summary: Three siblings all have possession of the guide to the fantastical world. They seek guidance from their great aunt, whose wife is
Chris Webber
Nov 10, 2009 Chris Webber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is about Mallory and her twin little brothers Jared and Simon who move to their aunt's country estate with their mother when their parents divorce. They discover a field guide in the house which unlocks a magical world around them and send them through a series of enchanted events.

I loved this series! The pace was perfect, the tone appropriate, the characters absolutely believable and realistic (a trait which I feel is critical in enabling a younger reader to relate to the story), and
Kori Looker
I thought "Lucinda's Secret" by Holly Black was very interesting. I decided to try something new and ended up enjoying this book. Lucinda has a niece and a nephew who come over for a period of time. The kids, around the age of ten, ask their aunt Lucinda about the mysterious little people. Lucinda can only tell them as much as she knows. The kids discover the little people in the library that was once their great great uncle's library. The kids' curiosity leads them into a whole other world of t ...more
Tori I
Dec 07, 2012 Tori I rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading the book Lucinda's Secret by: Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi. The third book of the Spiderwick Chronicles. Even though I am only on page 88 of Lucinda's Secret I am more than half way through the book I can say that this book has lots of adventure and very odd creatures - and a very weird book. In the middle of the book Jared loses a book called The Field Guide. A man the size of a pencil named Thimbletack took it and now Jared, Mallory, and Simon are on a mission to get ...more
Nadine Maigatter
Apr 30, 2015 Nadine Maigatter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fertig-gelesen
Tolle Fortsetzung der Geschichte.
Das Buch ist verschwunden und die Kids suchen es , dazu kommt das Jared vom Pech verfolgt wird.
Eine Karte bringt sie tief in den Wald wo sie einige Elfen treffen und die sind nicht so nett wie immer gesagt wird.
Ganz toll finde ich das Mallory und Jared sich immer mehr verstehen wo sie ja vorher Streithähne waren ohne ende. Aber nun glaubt sie ihm endlich und das erleichtert einiges. In dem Buch fahren sie zu ihre Tante Lucy die nun in einem Heim lebt und da ganz
Tati Dengo
Apr 10, 2014 Tati Dengo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT.

Whereas the second book was more of a lighthearted nudge into magical creature shenanigans, the third one introduces a decades-old mystery that could last us well into the last two books. Most importantly, we are now aware of the very serious consequences facing the kids if their interaction with the fairies is prolonged.

Many more threads are coming together to form the overarching story and I am excited to see where it leads.

Also, I love that the Grace kids aren't stereotypically wel
Courtney
Sep 01, 2015 Courtney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I don't plan to go into great detail about the storyline, because I'm a firm believer that a story can only be truly reviewed by a person's impression of the story. I think it would be a waste of time to go over the plot again...that's what the title page of the book is for.

Again, an instant start back into this world! With the help of their "crazy" Aunt Lucinda Jared, Mallory, and Simon uncover a bit more about their Uncle Spiderwick as well learn just how dangerous The Guide really is.

I was h
zalatawa (darcy-girl-books)

I really like how quick and fun these books are. The characters- Jared, Simon and Mallory- are my favorite sibling team. Haha their bickering and the moments they get along and work together (lol that clever trick the twins pulled!). I really love the world-building, the faeries! So we have boggarts/brownies, goblins, sprites, phookas, and now elves! The faerie-lore is so intriguing and interesting. And the art is great! I love the depictions of the faeries and each character.

Do I recommend?:
Christian
En esta oportunidad conocemos a la tía Lucy, y entendemos el motivo de se reclusión en este hogar en el que vive.

Con la pérdida del libro, también empezamos a desvelar grandes secretos que hasta ahora no conocíamos y nos acercamos mas al ser que esta detrás de todos los hechos.

Una nueva aventura y nuevos personajes, le dan otra vuelta a esta historia.

Quizas, solo quizas, no sea tan bueno como los anteriores, pero aborda otros asuntos y le da diversidad al cuento en su totalidad.
Rabbittÿ
Feb 06, 2015 Rabbittÿ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
สำหรับสามศรีพีนอง ผูครอบครอง คูมือภาคสนามสำหรับโลกมหัศจรรยรอบๆ ตัวทาน ยังมีเรืองอลหมานใหตองพบเจออีกมาก เมือเหลาอมนุษยทังหลายตางกอยากจะครอบครองหนังสือทีวากันทังนัน ทีแรกกบอกการด แลวกฝูงกอบบลิน ไหนจะเอลฟเจาปา...หืมมมม ยังมีตัวประหลาดอะไรอีกบางเนียทีเดกสกุลเกรซจะไดคนพบตอไป? ...more
Kristen
My review for this one is pretty much like my review for the first two in the series: it was okay. We meet more creatures, and we finally get some clues to the disappearance of the kids' uncle. I'll probably finish out the series since I can get them on audio book, but they don't keep my attention as well as I hoped.
Arsnoctis
Ora esiste una mia recensione della Completely Fantastical edition che lascio QUI; il terzo libro introduce un'altro elemento, gli elfi più astuti e verdastri che si siano mai visti, inutile dire che ho apprezzato anche questa aggiunta.
Bekah
Read as part of #ReadKidsLit

The adventure continues. As with the previous books in the chronicles, I love the bickering, bantering and other such behavior between the siblings. Was interesting to meet their Aunt Lucinda and the sprites, though it did make me feel a bit sad. Still more mysteries to unravel though, so I must carry on.
Ashley -Tayla Wasserfall
Best one so far. The illustrations in these books are so amazing
Cate
Mar 11, 2016 Cate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-2016
This series is getting better and better! I loved the element of elves, and definitely loved Aunt Lucinda. I was at a basketball game, so I brought this with me, not thinking I would read it. PROVED MYSELF WRONG.

totally should've read this series earlier in my life but oh well
Ryan Burt
Mar 04, 2008 Ryan Burt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good. Probably not as good as the first 2. But you can see that it is leading up to bigger and better things in 4 and 5. Kind of curious to see how it ends.
Nilsson
Jared is lucky his twin brother is nice, and LIKES discovering magical creatures with him. How normal.
Class of 2014: Book Review 1 2 Oct 13, 2013 06:54PM
Goodreads Librari...: audio book 8 39 Feb 01, 2012 10:24AM
Books 3 18 Jun 21, 2011 11:10AM
  • Kenny and the Dragon
  • Dreadful Acts (The Eddie Dickens Trilogy, #2)
  • Fergus Crane (Far-Flung Adventures, #1)
  • A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons (How to Train Your Dragon, #6)
  • The Sleeping Giant of Goll (The Secrets of Droon, #6)
  • You Wish (The Misadventures of Benjamin Bartholomew Piff, #1)
  • High Wire (Edgar & Ellen, #5)
  • The Rainbow Wand (Fairy Realm, #10)
  • Charlie Bone and the Time Twister (The Children of the Red King, #2)
  • The Tenth City (The Land of Elyon, #3)
  • Path of Revenge (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #16)
  • Wonderful Alexander and the Catwings (Catwings, #3)
  • Wizardology (Ologies, #3)
Holly Black is the author of bestselling contemporary fantasy books for kids and teens. Some of her titles include The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Tony DiTerlizzi), The Modern Faerie Tale series, the Curse Workers series, Doll Bones, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, the Magisterium series (with Cassandra Clare), The Darkest Part of the Forest, and her new series which begins with The Cruel Prince in ...more
More about Holly Black...

The Spiderwick Chronicles (5 books)
  • The Field Guide (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #1)
  • The Seeing Stone (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #2)
  • The Ironwood Tree (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #4)
  • The Wrath of Mulgarath (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #5)

“What an author doesn't know could fill a book.” 168 likes