Start by marking “Like I Give a Frock: Fashion Forecasts and Meaningless Misguidance” as Want to Read:
Like I Give a Frock: Fashion Forecasts and Meaningless Misguidance

Like I Give a Frock: Fashion Forecasts and Meaningless Misguidance

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Wonder when a baguette became a bag and not just a hunk of bread? (Fendi, 1998.) Or when it became acceptableto wear a tracksuit to the supermarket? (It didn't.) Fishnets at work? How to conceal the misfortune of the cankle? Fashion forecaster Michi answers all. In this stylish primer, she tells it like it is: No one looks good in mustard, unless youre a hot dog. Matching ...more
Published April 15th 2009 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Like I Give a Frock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Like I Give a Frock

Wandoo Ityavyar
Have you ever had cocktails or lattes on a patio by a street corner with a group of girlfriends? And did you ever play this exciting game where you critique all the passer- guys, awarding them a score from 1 to 10(if you know what I mean). Michi Girl is that really hip, quick witted friend of yours, who always comes up with all the 'good ones,' only this time its in fashion speak. Step aside TMZ, E!, Fashion police or whatever else is out there. Michi will wow you with her spot on observations a ...more
tee
Jan 11, 2009 tee rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: i-own
A pretty book to shove in with the rest of my pretty-but-completely-pointless books on the shelf. Absolutely no substance, not funny enough to warrant an entire book, but I totally dig the illustrations and the texture of the cover.
fennie
this was a gift from a friend who considers herself to have a good amount of sass, so i suppose it makes sense that this is a cute, cheeky read. it was light-hearted and fun with no real story line. instead, this book is made up of seemingly random bits of observation and advice (although it is split up into sections based on season). because of its format, this is a book you can pick up and put down often without consequence. it is by no means a must-read, but it was entertaining and the artwor ...more
Ciara
Aug 10, 2009 Ciara rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fashion students, serious fashion aficianados who can resist body hate
Shelves: read-in-2009
i guess this was...cute? i mean, it was easy on the eyes. lots of fashion student-type drawings with embellishments like beading & fashion swatches, & that's the kind of thing that really appeals to the part of me that is really interested in fashion. the writing content was quite skimpy, typically a short paragraph or less per page, & not particularly heavy on scintillating insight. supposedly it's all about tongue-in-cheek fashion advice, but there was really nothing here you could ...more
Tori
I wasn't interested in the content of this book, but I picked it up at a used book sale because it looked sort of like a scrapbook. It was worth the $1 and 20 minutes it took to read to get ideas around that.
Tamara
This book sucked. I bought it for the pretty illustrations but other than that, very boring.
Pam G
This is short and witty - it's like reading a blog, although I don't think it was. With lots of illustrations around the text, it doesn't take long to read. You won't pick up any must have fashion tips, but it was entertaining even so. I think it was here that I read that 'stressed' is 'desserts' spelt backwards - a great tidbit.
Tonielle
Smashing good book full of hilarious antics...I couldn't stop laughing! I have a degree in Fashion Design as well so some of it was almost like an inside joke. One for setting out on the coffee table for others to grab a quick laugh.
Juliet
I've been following Michi Girl's website for years and loved discovering new shops posted in her site albeit most of them being in Melbourne. This book however, is just massive eye candy. Meaningless indeed. To borrow but not to buy.
Elise
The content was funny and (I feel) correct on all fashion fronts, but it could have used more of it. The illustrations ranged from hideous to beautiful (just like fashion. My favorite part was the cloth cover and thick pages!
Anne
It was good enough to keep me interested and occupied while I was in a cafe waiting for someone. Love the illustrations too! This would make a perfect gift for a fashionista friend.
Bren
A quick light read. Cute and silly, kept me smiling. I'm more excited about how pretty it is. The illustrations are gorgeous and the cover art and texture makes it one of my favorites.
Niki
I liked the art. The commentary was fun. A light read. Wonder how it will translate 50 years from now?
Gen
This is the type of book I read in the middle of the night when I'm too scared to sleep...
Rainey
Largely self-indulgent rambling with some entertaining illustrations.
Ali
Mildly entertaining, but glad I hadn't paid money for it!
Jordan Robinaugh
Jordan Robinaugh marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Sian
Sian marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Loes
Loes marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014