Fancy Nancy: Tea Parties (Fancy Nancy)

Fancy Nancy: Tea Parties (Fancy Nancy)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  360 ratings  ·  48 reviews
You're invited

Join in the fun with hostess extraordinaire Fancy Nancy! With a little imagination, you too can create an exquisite tea party that is perfect for your friends and family.

R.S.V.P. oui, oui, oui!
Published June 23rd 2009 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Fancy Nancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fancy Nancy

Lisa Vegan
This book is cute but I didn’t enjoy it as much as the Fancy Nancy books of stories. It does give some cute ideas for tea parties though, for food & beverages, decorations, games to play, etc. etc. Unfortunately, the last page of the copy of the book I read was torn out and apparently consisted of recipe cards, so I didn’t see those. Nancy is as adorable as usual, and I think this is the first time I remember learning her last name. The tea party for the dolls and its refreshments were the c...more
Leigh Isley
Genre: Realistic Fiction

Fancy Nancy is a eccentric little "fancy" girl who loves everything girly. Fancy Nancy has a series of book and in this certain one she shares with her readers how to put together a tea party of your own. She also shares a step by step recipe, some decoration ideas, and even how to make your own fancy invitation. Girls of all Elementary ages would love this book 7 - 11. Although I was not a particular fan of this series. They were hard to follow, the text jumps around the...more
Millie
So, ANGIE!, I got one of these books a while back when you added it to your list. Now we get one or two every time we go to the library. My oldest girl loves them and wants everything to be fancy now. Thanks a lot! I'm guessing you may know how I feel with at least one of your girls? I'm more of a plain type. I would fit right in with the rest of the Clancy Clan.
Allison
Fancy Nancy is an eccentric little girl who loves everything girly. In this book she shares with readers some ways to put together a tea party of your own. She has a step by step recipe, some decoration ideas and what kinds of invitations to make. Any little girl would love this quirky girl.

This book is appropriate for ages 4+

This book in particular can be used for the basis of a girls birthday party, the little girl I used to babysit loved these books and her mom ended up throwing her a Fancy...more
Adrienne
There are lots of really cute, easy ideas in here for how to have a cute little party--definitely will try these out when my little girl is old enough to enjoy them!
Good ideas for my Fancy Nancy Tea Party at the library later this month!
Alexa Maring
I read this book out of request by one of my second grade students. She is in love with Fancy Nancy so I had to see what she loved about her. As much as my little second grader loves this book, I was not as consumed with Fancy Nancy. But what I do love is the ability this book has for teaching students about instructional or how to books. For example, Fancy Nancy tells how to make a Strawberry Supreme. As she gives step by step directions, students can either make a book or a poster describing h...more
babyhippoface
Even though I wasn't the "fancy" type, I'm pretty sure I would have really loved the ideas in this book and would have begged my mom to let me have a tea party. Fancy Nancy gives readers plenty of tips for hosting their own fancy tea parties, from recipes to decorations, napkin folding to etiquette, and more. There are even ideas for doll tea parties included. Though there's no storyline here, little girls who love Fancy Nancy will also love the ideas here, and will be eager to take cues from Na...more
Dolly
Oct 19, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Leave it to Fancy Nancy to create the ultimate guide to tea parties. With her instruction on etiquette, themes, set up, recipes for the refreshments and her inimitable style, this is sure to entertain young girls. And her recommendations, for the most part, are easy enough for children to copy (with help from parents). We couldn't read this book in one setting, but our girls really liked it.
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Where are my three fancy girls? After reading this book I am in serious need of a tea party! I love how it explains all kinds of ways to have a party...extra fancy ways or plain ways with just a little bit of fancy. Plus there are fun drink, games, and decoration suggestions. I think any little girl who loves to dress up will need to have a tea party as soon as she reads this book. Here's hoping my mom will read it to my nieces for me... :)
Andrea
Adorable little book for girls who are into tea parties. Would make a great gift basket with some of the suggest supplies in the book, like cooking and frosting for faux treats. The book even has directions on how to make tea in the sun. As always I love the illustrations in this series. The little girl I was reading it to was either too sleepy to be excited or really had no interest in the book...hahah I liked it though!!
Edna
Cute book but be prepared because it's a really, really, cutesy, frilly girly book with illustrations that are perfectly fitted - lots of glitter and lots of cute bodies and facial expressions. Any girly-girl would love to flip through this book; it's fun to read (a bit of adult humor to explain vocabulary) and is an honestly good tea-party suggestion book.
Rosanna
There were plenty of simple and fun recipes as well as adorable fancy decoration ideas, even ideas for mini-sized tea parties with dollies.

As my 2-year-old is very much into tea parties at the moment, this was a great resource. I would likely consider purchasing. (Our reading of this book was a loan from our local library)
Go
I read this to my daughter. It was so cute explaining all the different types of tea parties you could have. It teaches some French words too. I loved how there were recipes for the treats and instructions for decorations. Clever. When my daughter saw the picture of the lollipop bouquet she said "Oh I want one of those!"
Can I please be 10 and throw tea parties every day? Fabulous book! And I am not ashamed to say that I am implementing some of Nancy's ideas in my own party planning! It is a little wordy for the younger crowd (2/3), however, so sometimes just talk about the stuff and don't read every word.
Patricia
Samantha
Jan 03, 2012 Samantha rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria King
As the most fabulous and fancy hostess, Fancy Nancy has created the ultimate guide to throwing almost any type of party. She includes Fabulous Treats and even Fancier party ideas. Every guest will leave feeling fancy after being treated to these 'tres chic' suggestions. =)
Kathryn
Summary: You can do fancy things just like Nancy! Start with a Fancy Tea Party!

Review: Fancy Nancy is pretty fancy in this book, and it does teach you how, but it is filled with words, way more than I would give to a child who would like the Fancy Nancy books.
Gwen
Not your bedtime story. This is a very cute book on how to throw a tea party...not just one tea party but a few different types. Includes recipes for snacks and beverages too. Very cute if you have a little girl who likes to have parties like mine do.
Mandy Hoffman
This is the perfect book to read in conclusion to the whole Fancy Nancy series. Packed with great tips and snippets of stories all about planning a fancy tea party, this book also boasts some cute invitations to detach and use for your very own tea party!
Elizabeth S
Not so much a picture book for little kids. But very much a how-to book for children wanting to throw their own tea parties. Small, little, fancy parties for friends, or dolls are covered. Practical, real advise and simple recipes. Well done!
Nancy Jo Lambert
So recently, my daughter has become extremely interested in Fancy Nancy. So, we have been reading some of the Fancy Nancy series. This series is lots of fun and all the heart warming moments are a nice touch to the rather flouncy, fancy moments.
Mandy
If your daughter (or son) loves tea parties as much as mine you will love this book! It has several easy tea party recipes and ideas, center pieces, decorative ideas, etc...and some "fancy" words for kids to learn. Such a cute book!
Rebekah
I totally want to use these ideas for Sara Ellen's birthday party. And that's really what it is, an idea book. It's less of a story and fairly long, the second time I read it Sara Ellen didn't want me to finish.
Jessica
My girls and I use this ALL the time when they feel like throwing a party for themselves. The ideas are simple and creative and shows how to plan and decorate a real party all by themselves. So wonderful!
Megan Sanchez
I adore Fancy Nancy, but this book was very disjointed. I love her books that are more educational than story, but really this is more of a party planning book for children than anything else.
Lisa
My girls didn't like this one as much as the other Fancy Nancy books, and neither did I. Too long and wordy for the younger girls. They wouldn't even sit through the whole thing.
Lauren
By far one of my daughters favorite books to look at. She is 3 and always asks me to make the treats from this book. Tea parties are a daily occurrence here :)
Gail
My 3 year old daughter loves these and cried whenever we need to return them to the library. She is inspired to have a tea party and made snacks now,
Michelle
I love how happy the Fancy Nancy books are and this one is no exeption. I love how it includes recipes and fun table setting ideas. So cute!
  • Pinkalicious: Pink around the Rink
  • Russell and the Lost Treasure
  • Skippyjon Jones: Color Crazy
  • Ella the Elegant Elephant
  • Big Sister, Little Sister
  • The Space Between (Disney Fairies: Never Girls #2)
  • Kate and the Beanstalk
  • Too Purpley!
  • Big Words for Little People
  • Time to Sleep, Sheep the Sheep!
  • Falling For Rapunzel
  • Banana!
Since the publication of Fancy Nancy, Jane O'Connor's closet now boasts so many boas, tiaras, and sparkly ensembles that sometimes friends do not recognize her on the street. She still resides (that's a fancy word for lives) in New York City with her family and their canine companion, Arrow. --from the publisher's website
More about Jane O'Connor...
Fancy Nancy Fancy Nancy: Bonjour, Butterfly Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy Fancy Nancy: Splendiferous Christmas Fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words: From Accessories to Zany