Start by marking “Fancy Nancy: Tea Parties (Fancy Nancy)” as Want to Read:
Fancy Nancy: Tea Parties (Fancy Nancy)

Fancy Nancy: Tea Parties (Fancy Nancy)

You're invited

Join in the fun with hostess extraordinaire Fancy Nancy! With a little imagination, you too can create an exquisite tea party that is perfect for your friends and family.

R.S.V.P. oui, oui, oui!

Book Details: Format: Hardcover Publication Date: 6/23/2009 Pages: 40 Reading Level: Age 4 and Up
Published June 23rd 2009 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Fancy Nancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fancy Nancy

Lisa Vegan
This book is cute but I didn’t enjoy it as much as the Fancy Nancy books of stories. It does give some cute ideas for tea parties though, for food & beverages, decorations, games to play, etc. etc. Unfortunately, the last page of the copy of the book I read was torn out and apparently consisted of recipe cards, so I didn’t see those. Nancy is as adorable as usual, and I think this is the first time I remember learning her last name. The tea party for the dolls and its refreshments were the c ...more
Katherine Austin
Oct 28, 2016 Katherine Austin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reading-4050
1) Book summary, in your own words (3 pts)
-Fancy Nancy is an expert at all things fancy, especially tea parties. In this book, Fancy Nancy explains all the things a hostess or guest of a tea party needs to know. She explains the proper attire, etiquette, food, games, and even give helpful tips on how to make things fancy, like your napkins and plates. By the end of the book, you will be an expert on how to throw the best, fanciest, tea party ever.
2) Grade level, interest level, lexile (1 pt)
-Kin
Millie
Apr 27, 2012 Millie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: child
So, ANGIE!, I got one of these books a while back when you added it to your list. Now we get one or two every time we go to the library. My oldest girl loves them and wants everything to be fancy now. Thanks a lot! I'm guessing you may know how I feel with at least one of your girls? I'm more of a plain type. I would fit right in with the rest of the Clancy Clan.
Ashley
Jun 17, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it
This was absolutely adorable! I loved all the information related to the tea parties especially since I didn't know a lot of stuff and Nancy gave some excellent craft ideas!!
Leigh Isley
May 31, 2014 Leigh Isley rated it it was ok
Genre: Realistic Fiction

Fancy Nancy is a eccentric little "fancy" girl who loves everything girly. Fancy Nancy has a series of book and in this certain one she shares with her readers how to put together a tea party of your own. She also shares a step by step recipe, some decoration ideas, and even how to make your own fancy invitation. Girls of all Elementary ages would love this book 7 - 11. Although I was not a particular fan of this series. They were hard to follow, the text jumps around the
Allison
Fancy Nancy is an eccentric little girl who loves everything girly. In this book she shares with readers some ways to put together a tea party of your own. She has a step by step recipe, some decoration ideas and what kinds of invitations to make. Any little girl would love this quirky girl.

This book is appropriate for ages 4+

This book in particular can be used for the basis of a girls birthday party, the little girl I used to babysit loved these books and her mom ended up throwing her a Fancy
babyhippoface
Jul 04, 2011 babyhippoface rated it really liked it
Even though I wasn't the "fancy" type, I'm pretty sure I would have really loved the ideas in this book and would have begged my mom to let me have a tea party. Fancy Nancy gives readers plenty of tips for hosting their own fancy tea parties, from recipes to decorations, napkin folding to etiquette, and more. There are even ideas for doll tea parties included. Though there's no storyline here, little girls who love Fancy Nancy will also love the ideas here, and will be eager to take cues from Na ...more
Alexa Maring
Apr 10, 2011 Alexa Maring rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-book
I read this book out of request by one of my second grade students. She is in love with Fancy Nancy so I had to see what she loved about her. As much as my little second grader loves this book, I was not as consumed with Fancy Nancy. But what I do love is the ability this book has for teaching students about instructional or how to books. For example, Fancy Nancy tells how to make a Strawberry Supreme. As she gives step by step directions, students can either make a book or a poster describing h ...more
Andrea
Jun 27, 2011 Andrea rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Adorable little book for girls who are into tea parties. Would make a great gift basket with some of the suggest supplies in the book, like cooking and frosting for faux treats. The book even has directions on how to make tea in the sun. As always I love the illustrations in this series. The little girl I was reading it to was either too sleepy to be excited or really had no interest in the book...hahah I liked it though!!
Dolly
Oct 19, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Leave it to Fancy Nancy to create the ultimate guide to tea parties. With her instruction on etiquette, themes, set up, recipes for the refreshments and her inimitable style, this is sure to entertain young girls. And her recommendations, for the most part, are easy enough for children to copy (with help from parents). We couldn't read this book in one setting, but our girls really liked it.
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Where are my three fancy girls? After reading this book I am in serious need of a tea party! I love how it explains all kinds of ways to have a party...extra fancy ways or plain ways with just a little bit of fancy. Plus there are fun drink, games, and decoration suggestions. I think any little girl who loves to dress up will need to have a tea party as soon as she reads this book. Here's hoping my mom will read it to my nieces for me... :)
Suzanne
Apr 14, 2015 Suzanne rated it liked it
Shelves: lr-read-library
My daughter picked this book at the library, and I should have looked at it before we took it home. It isn't a story, it's more of a "guide" to how to create a tea party with some recipes included. It might be fun for an older kid who can actually do this stuff, but wasn't working well for my 4 year old. I tried to make it sound like a story as we went through it just to entertain her a bit, but overall you have to go in knowing it is not a story.
Edna
Aug 26, 2009 Edna rated it really liked it
Cute book but be prepared because it's a really, really, cutesy, frilly girly book with illustrations that are perfectly fitted - lots of glitter and lots of cute bodies and facial expressions. Any girly-girl would love to flip through this book; it's fun to read (a bit of adult humor to explain vocabulary) and is an honestly good tea-party suggestion book.
Rosanna
Jul 23, 2013 Rosanna rated it really liked it
There were plenty of simple and fun recipes as well as adorable fancy decoration ideas, even ideas for mini-sized tea parties with dollies.

As my 2-year-old is very much into tea parties at the moment, this was a great resource. I would likely consider purchasing. (Our reading of this book was a loan from our local library)
Go
Aug 07, 2012 Go rated it really liked it
I read this to my daughter. It was so cute explaining all the different types of tea parties you could have. It teaches some French words too. I loved how there were recipes for the treats and instructions for decorations. Clever. When my daughter saw the picture of the lollipop bouquet she said "Oh I want one of those!"
Kaley Matous
Nov 19, 2014 Kaley Matous rated it liked it
Shelves: edrd-314
This book is excellent for teaching new and more difficult vocabulary. The book also has some words in French which could be fun to explore with children. The pictures and style are great for younger girls.
Mandy
Dec 30, 2009 Mandy rated it it was amazing
If your daughter (or son) loves tea parties as much as mine you will love this book! It has several easy tea party recipes and ideas, center pieces, decorative ideas, etc...and some "fancy" words for kids to learn. Such a cute book!
Oct 04, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
Can I please be 10 and throw tea parties every day? Fabulous book! And I am not ashamed to say that I am implementing some of Nancy's ideas in my own party planning! It is a little wordy for the younger crowd (2/3), however, so sometimes just talk about the stuff and don't read every word.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Jan 06, 2013 Nancy Jo Lambert rated it liked it
Shelves: series
So recently, my daughter has become extremely interested in Fancy Nancy. So, we have been reading some of the Fancy Nancy series. This series is lots of fun and all the heart warming moments are a nice touch to the rather flouncy, fancy moments.
Elizabeth S
Jan 22, 2010 Elizabeth S rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-picture
Not so much a picture book for little kids. But very much a how-to book for children wanting to throw their own tea parties. Small, little, fancy parties for friends, or dolls are covered. Practical, real advise and simple recipes. Well done!
Mandy J. Hoffman
Jul 17, 2009 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
This is the perfect book to read in conclusion to the whole Fancy Nancy series. Packed with great tips and snippets of stories all about planning a fancy tea party, this book also boasts some cute invitations to detach and use for your very own tea party!
Kathryn
Dec 14, 2009 Kathryn rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, youth
Summary: You can do fancy things just like Nancy! Start with a Fancy Tea Party!

Review: Fancy Nancy is pretty fancy in this book, and it does teach you how, but it is filled with words, way more than I would give to a child who would like the Fancy Nancy books.
Patty
Mar 20, 2012 Patty rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-picture
Jessica
Apr 05, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing
My girls and I use this ALL the time when they feel like throwing a party for themselves. The ideas are simple and creative and shows how to plan and decorate a real party all by themselves. So wonderful!
Gwen
Mar 31, 2010 Gwen rated it really liked it
Not your bedtime story. This is a very cute book on how to throw a tea party...not just one tea party but a few different types. Includes recipes for snacks and beverages too. Very cute if you have a little girl who likes to have parties like mine do.
Samantha
Dec 18, 2011 Samantha rated it liked it
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria King
As the most fabulous and fancy hostess, Fancy Nancy has created the ultimate guide to throwing almost any type of party. She includes Fabulous Treats and even Fancier party ideas. Every guest will leave feeling fancy after being treated to these 'tres chic' suggestions. =)
Rebekah
I totally want to use these ideas for Sara Ellen's birthday party. And that's really what it is, an idea book. It's less of a story and fairly long, the second time I read it Sara Ellen didn't want me to finish.
Gail
Sep 30, 2011 Gail rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
My 3 year old daughter loves these and cried whenever we need to return them to the library. She is inspired to have a tea party and made snacks now,
Audra
Mar 28, 2013 Audra rated it really liked it
Less of a story book, and more of an instruction book on throwing a spectacular tea party! Lots of great crafts - we made them all :)
Addison
Jan 20, 2013 Addison rated it really liked it
Just back from London...and had tea, this was great! My daughter really enjoyes the Fancy Nancy books. Art work is good.
  • Pinkaliciou: Pinkie Promise (I Can Read Level 1)
  • Do Princesses Scrape Their Knees?
  • Presenting...Tallulah
  • Ella the Elegant Elephant
  • Planets
  • Skippyjon Jones 1-2-3
  • Pirate Princess
  • Merry Christmas, Splat
  • Time for School, Mouse! (If You Give...)
  • The Cloud Spinner
  • Sylvie
  • The Princess and the Packet of Frozen Peas
  • The Very Fairy Princess
  • Big Words for Little People
  • My Little Pony: Pinkie Pie and the Rockin' Ponypalooza Party! (My Little Pony Chapter Books)
  • Little Mouse and the Big Cupcake
Since the publication of Fancy Nancy, Jane O'Connor's closet now boasts so many boas, tiaras, and sparkly ensembles that sometimes friends do not recognize her on the street. She still resides (that's a fancy word for lives) in New York City with her family and their canine companion, Arrow. --from the publisher's website
More about Jane O'Connor...

Fancy Nancy (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • Fancy Nancy
  • Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy
  • Fancy Nancy: Bonjour, Butterfly
  • Fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words: From Accessories to Zany
  • Fancy Nancy: Explorer Extraordinaire!
  • Fancy Nancy Halloween... or Bust!
  • Fancy Nancy: Splendiferous Christmas
  • Fancy Nancy Heart to Heart
  • Fancy Nancy's Elegant Easter
  • Fancy Nancy: Poet Extraordinaire!