Start by marking “The Language of Love: How to Quickly Communicate Your Feelings and Needs” as Want to Read:
The Language of Love: How to Quickly Communicate Your Feelings and Needs

The Language of Love: How to Quickly Communicate Your Feelings and Needs

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Words have incredible meaning, especially when they say what you mean. But often tongues get tied, and thoughts and ideas are expressed in ways that are easily misunderstood. Make the most of your messages by learning "The Language of Love." Written by best-selling authors Gary Smalley and John Trent, it shows how "emotional word pictures" can infuse understanding and inti ...more
Published April 28th 1999 by Focus on the Family Publishing (first published January 1st 1920)

To ask other readers questions about The Language of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Language of Love

Jeffrey Niles
HOW THE LANGUAGE OF LOVE WILL CHANGE THE WAY I PREACH

I have traditionally taught through the Scripture with a clear goal of teaching the truth faithfully and communicating the meaning of the text. I love to use illustrations and passionately seek to guide my students into application of the Scripture. However, my lessons and sermons have not normally contained crafted stories that so vividly communicate to the feelings and needs of my audience. The Language of Love gave me a well structured meth
Anthony Lawson
Read this years ago, it had some interesting suggestions.
Angela
This book completely changed the way I parented my children and helped me become a better wife. I learned to show each of them that I love them by loving them with their specific love language(s). I also use this concept with most everyone whom becomes a part of my friendship circle. I have passed this book on to many people.
Martina
Exceptionally helpful book aiding to address any possible situation in one's family or social life. The idea is not new; the principles of it were well used as early as in the biblical writing. Great reminder to all of us who forget at the times.
Marc
In this gem, Gary Smalley offers a powerful communication tool for speaking with your loved ones as well as wider audiences. His memorable stories make his points stick long after you've forgotten the words on the page.
Beth
I couldn't add another category ;0) This book is Christian self-help and learning. It's got great lessons to help important messages to loved ones when you seem like you've lost the ability too.
Mary Rincon
I couldn't put this book down ,Gary Smalley has a great sense of humor and he is so funny ,He laughs at himself or it seems that way .
I recommend this book and give it Five Stars .
Bryan Vashus
It has some good points about how to use word pictures. It just seemed a little redundant. It was worth reading for the practical application it helped me with though.
Virgie Sarroca
Learning communication through the language..our words have power, either to destry--discourage or to build up and encourage--read it and learn.
Kelly
Really a good book. Now if I can only learn to use word pictures on a regular basis!
Jayne
Mar 01, 2010 Jayne added it
THIS IS A GOOD BOOK IN WORD PICTURES TO COMMUNICATE
Karen Willis
I love Gary Smalley's books!
Lisa
Sep 02, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Marriage
Jaime Viphongsay
Jaime Viphongsay marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Camelia
Camelia marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Lois
Lois marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Leonard Cook
Leonard Cook marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Mariane
Mariane marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Oanh
Oanh marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Sheila
Sheila added it
Jun 11, 2015
  • Connecting
  • Love Busters: Overcoming the Habits That Destroy Romantic Love
  • Love Life for Every Married Couple: How to Fall in Love, Stay in Love, Rekindle Your Love
  • Love Must Be Tough: New Hope for Families in Crisis
  • Healing Is a Choice: 10 Decisions That Will Transform Your Life and 10 Lies That Can Prevent You from Making Them
  • Desperate Marriages: Moving Toward Hope and Healing in Your Relationship
  • Cracking the Communication Code: The Secret to Speaking Your Mate's Language; Love for Her, Respect for Him
  • Fresh Brewed Life: A Stirring Invitation to Wake Up Your Soul
  • Fit to Be Tied: Making Marriage Last a Lifetime
  • Marriage on the Rock
  • Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage: Unlocking the Secrets to Life, Love and Marriage
  • The Mom Factor
  • Thin Enough: My Spiritual Journey Through the Living Death of an Eating Disorder
  • The Lost Art of Listening: How Learning to Listen Can Improve Relationships
  • How to Disagree Without Being Disagreeable
  • The Power Of Praying Together
  • The Vision
  • Rocking the Roles: Building a Win-Win Marriage
The DNA of Relationships Love Is a Decision For Better or for Best: A Valuable Guide to Knowing, Understanding, and Loving Your Husband Making Love Last Forever If Only He Knew: What No Woman Can Resist