Start by marking “Accounting for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Accounting for Dummies

Accounting for Dummies (For Dummies)

Whether you're a small business owner or just want to understand your 401(k) statements, a basic understanding of accounting practices is important for anyone who handles money. Knowing how to balance the books and stay in the black is vital for keeping a business afloat or keeping your checkbook balanced. If you need to keep the books in order, this new edition of Account ...more
Paperback, 3rd edition, 386 pages
Published December 17th 2004 by Wiley Publishing (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Accounting for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accounting for Dummies

Brian Welch
Jul 09, 2012 Brian Welch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I laughed. I cried. I ran the full gamut of emotions. And that was before opening the book.
Gia Scott
I'm not an accountant or bookkeeper, but I did need to understand the process. I also didn't want to have to try and find classes to teach me about the basics.

Dummies books are well known for being easy to read and understand. This book is like others in the series in that it does exactly that. In addition, each chapter is written so that you can go to the exact section that you need and go only through that chapter alone, instead of being forced to read the entire book so that you understood a
Jonathan
Mar 18, 2009 Jonathan rated it it was amazing
I find the Dummies series to be quite educational. If I wanted to learn about cooking or about sports, I can read a book designed around the topic. I think that a person should learn as much as they can about things that matter to them. I like learning about accounting because of it's role in business. Increasing my knowledge of accounting can help me invest or even save money.
I like the summary on the income statement and balance sheet. I also like how the book goes in depth what an accounta
Peter
May 23, 2008 Peter rated it really liked it
I listened to this as an audiobook, which was probably a bad choice (like milk). The book seems to be a high-level management style overview of basic accounting principles. As an audiobook it was sometimes difficult to picture in my head the various types of accounting forms that the author was speaking on (Simon... That was for you). I assume that in the real book there are likely examples to make this easier. I would recommend this book for anyone looking for a high-level view of business ...more
D
Apr 22, 2009 D rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Maybe I needed accounting for MEGA dummies. I have zero knowledge about accounting and unfortunately I found that in order to understand this book one still needed a basic understanding of accounting definitions to grasp these concepts. Bummer.
Katie
Jan 14, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it
overall a great look at accounting, just like you would expect from this book. went more in depth than I expected, which was nice. took me awhile to get through because it's a bit dry.... only so much you can do to spice up an accounting book.
Nunik Kartikarini
Apr 05, 2014 Nunik Kartikarini rated it liked it
Actually a rather boring book, but it tells me some basics accounting, so I can say that its a helpful book
Viraj
May 12, 2016 Viraj rated it it was ok
Shelves: finance-etc
Listened to audiobook. Last 1 hour is worth listening to again. Other text is repetitive and too basic.
Amber
Aug 19, 2010 Amber rated it liked it
I skipped around in this book and read the items that mattered to me at this point. I like that I can skip around in the book. This is a great desk reference for a quick laymans explanation.
Shannon
May 01, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, for-mba
This book made my fear of accounting go away. It seems to be more organizing than math skills needed. I feel much more prepared. Accounting is my very first MBA class starting September 7, 2013.
Andrew
Nov 11, 2012 Andrew rated it it was ok
Recommended to Andrew by: Lilamani Schleicher
Some helpful ideas to get me started. Geared to business accounting as opposed to nonprofit organizations.
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Elaine F Martel
Elaine F Martel rated it did not like it
Mar 25, 2016
Carlos Crosetti
Carlos Crosetti rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2013
Chris Franzi
Chris Franzi rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2015
tamara patrick
tamara patrick rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Kytah
Kytah rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2011
Christine Semach
Christine Semach rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2013
Tom
Tom rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2013
Wicklund
Wicklund rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2014
Connie McGinty
Connie McGinty rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2014
Tim Hackenberg
Tim Hackenberg rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Winter
Winter rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Noel
Noel rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2012
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2014
Bill
Bill rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2015
Peter Woolf
Peter Woolf rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2012
Hathal
Hathal rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2011
  • Mutual Funds For Dummies
  • Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies
  • Manga for Dummies
  • Piano for Dummies [With Play-Along]

For Dummies (1 - 10 of 79 books)
  • A Little Bit of Everything For Dummies