Start by marking “Mortgages For Dummies” as Want to Read:
Mortgages For Dummies

Mortgages For Dummies

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Choosing the right mortgage can help you save money for financial goals such as higher education and retirement. This work helps you: shop for the best home-purchase mortgage; overcome loan qualification obstacles; negotiate lower loan fees and closing costs; save by refinancing the house; and increase retirement income with a reverse mortgage.
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 283 pages
Published August 27th 2004 by For Dummies (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Mortgages For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mortgages For Dummies

Tracy
I have to be honest - I didn't finish this book. A whole book about mortgages? Once you get the hang of it, playing with the calculators on Bankrate.com is enough to learn what you need to.

I should have found a book that covered the entire house-buying experience. I'm not sure any book can really prepare you to buy a house, it's a paradigm experience. But surely there's a book that covers more than just mortgages.

That said, this book did have some really great information, and it helped me unde
Fatima
Some of the info in this book is too basic so I found myself skimming through it very quickly. There was a little bit of helpful info and I will keep it as a reference but a lot of it was just stuff I could find in free online articles using a google search.
Nicole
Helpful for me since I know nothing about real estate :)
Libby
Good basic information combined with entertaining presentation--from what I understand, this is a hallmark of the series, and it was certainly true for this book. Another selection from the house-buying saga of 2006.
Vanessa
I got this book when I went to work for Countrywide. Why, oh why can't I throw it away? Because you just don't throw away books, no matter how pointless they are, that's why.
Christine Kirk
Feb 22, 2008 Christine Kirk marked it as to-read
I'm excited to get into this book. I am going to buy a house in the next 5 months.
Amy
Mike
Mike added it
Mar 15, 2015
Sergovich Johnson
Sergovich Johnson marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
David Lebron
David Lebron is currently reading it
Mar 01, 2015
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Richard Collins
Richard Collins marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Broganr
Broganr marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Corey Kniesel
Corey Kniesel marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Deeps
Deeps marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Ben
Ben added it
Jan 14, 2015
Greg Back
Greg Back marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Jason Manford
Jason Manford marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Iam
Iam marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Nick
Nick added it
Nov 16, 2014
Lorrie
Lorrie marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Personal Finance for Dummies Investing For Dummies Home Buying for Dummies Mutual Funds For Dummies Personal Finance in Your 20s for Dummies