Start by marking “The Teen Whisperer: How to Break through the Silence and Secrecy of Teenage Life” as Want to Read:

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Mike Linderman is a teen therapist unlike any other. A real-life cowboy, he wakes up at the crack of dawn, works the cattle on his ranch, and then counsels some of the country's most troubled teens, approaching them with a unique blend of down-home honesty, straight-talk discipline, and pure intention that is rarely found in a therapist's office. Most of the teens Mike tre ...more
Published October 14th 2008 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Teen Whisperer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Teen Whisperer

Yolanda
I browsed through the first 2/3rd and then read the last 3rd of the book that gives sound parental actions.
Rebecca Nolan
I really enjoyed this book. It is very informative. I find myself quoting and referring to this book often whether I am doing so as a parent, as a mentor to middle school mentees, as a aunt to my teen neice and nephew or as a life coach to other parents. Excellent source of information in dealing with troubled teens.
This book takes one back to the basics of parenting teens in an easy to read style. Though there were some theories that didn't resonate for me, overall, Mike Linderman's thoughts were sound. A good read for parent's who need some tips outside of what they may already do.
Odile
Teens need help and with keen eyes and mind along with empathy, there are a lot of ways to help them through the struggles of these years. Nicely describes teen needs: survival, freedom, fun, power and belonging.
Becky
Well this one was mostly for work and I learned that I already tell parents of teenagers the right way to do things so it only gets a 3. Could be good training for the book I am getting ready to write...
Kristen
Very interesting book - I would recommend for anyone who is going to have a teenager soon or has one already.
Sara
reality therapy....for teens...good examples to frame it for applicablity
Lisa
Pretty readable; nothing earthshattering.
Kathy
Mar 31, 2014 Kathy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Rec'd by Eva
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
February
February is currently reading it
Aug 05, 2014
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Julie Smith
Julie Smith marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Lane
Lane marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Jan 01, 2014
Maria
Maria is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2013