Start by marking “September Mourn (Bed-and-Breakfast, #11)” as Want to Read:
September Mourn (Bed-and-Breakfast, #11)

September Mourn (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #11)

Murder is nothing to crow about…

Fall has fallen upon Judith McMonigle Flynn, leaving her Hillside Manor nearly devoid of guests. And what better cure for the off-season blahs than a brief bout of B&B sitting for a friend amid the quiet rustic splendor of secluded Chavez Island? Judith and cousin Renie both are more than ready for some relaxation. But their peace goes t
Published September 5th 2000 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about September Mourn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about September Mourn

PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
Things just keep going wrong for Judith and her funny cousin from the moment they arrive on the island. The residents are very secretive and are not the friendliest. A lot of weird things happen there in the month of September....It is still a shock to everyone when a customer at the B&B Judith is running, is found murdered minutes after her and her cousin had a disagreement with him. Judith and her cousin dig deep to solve the murder and discover the town has more secrets hidden. I loved ...more
Janics
Jan 03, 2015 Janics rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been a couple of years since I ear one of the Bed and Breakfast Mystery series. I had forgotten just how enjoyable they are to read. If you want to just let yourself go and not think about the world today this is a really good read. Seeing, again, what is happening to Judith and her cousin, Renie, is always fun. The other reviews of this book give story details - I don't want to do that. I just want to let you know this is a good and fun read.
Pat
Jan 01, 2015 Pat rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Cousins go to babysit a b&b on an island. One hits obnoxious guy over head with plate and next thing he is dead from another blow to head.
Pretty Good. Judith and Renie at Chavez Island.
Maggie Shanley
Jan 25, 2015 Maggie Shanley rated it liked it
Ok cozy mystery of a small island, a guest murdered and old secrets.
The Badger
Jul 24, 2016 The Badger rated it liked it
I have an affinity for cozy mysteries. They generally aren't written in pursuit of a spot on the bestseller list; rather, cozies are written to give the reader a sense of comfort and calm (ironically, by way of murder).

My mom read cozies to escape her three eccentric young daughters and grumpy husband: one daughter, the artist, painted five-foot tall green flowers on the side of the freshly painted rental when she was four; the adventurous daughter asked which way north was, and was found by ne
Susan
Jun 12, 2009 Susan rated it liked it
Judith Flynn and her cousin Renie go to one of the remote, beautiful Santa Lucia islands to help out a fellow bed-and-breakfast hostess. There are fewer than a dozen people living on the island, but someone, apparently, has murdered one of the guests. Judith's sympathetic manner and subtle questions unearth hidden secrets among the close-lipped residents.
Sallie
Aug 18, 2010 Sallie rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
I have a pile of these B&B books by Daheim in my bedroom. I enjoy them, but like most series, they begin to be predictable in many ways. I do love Cousin Renie though. Judith is just too nice for me most of the time.
Linda
Feb 14, 2014 Linda rated it liked it
Shelves: challenge
I enjoyed this entry in the series. I'm a sucker for tying events from the past into a present day murder. This is one time where there were enough characters where things got confusing for me at times.
Diane Falvey
Another great book. The series is entertaining and each time she finds a dead body you just know she won't be able to leave it to the professionals.
Jun 07, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
One of the better books of the Bed and Breakfast series. It reminded me of a show I watched with murder on a remote Washington island.
VJ
Mar 23, 2013 VJ rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I think this was the first "away" book I didn't care for in this series. These characters were odd and dull and mostly boring.
Carrie
Sep 22, 2014 Carrie rated it liked it
It was cute. It is what I call an "easy read." The story is not complicated, it has some humorous parts, the characters are not complex and they are likable.
Sally
Sally rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Tammie
Tammie rated it really liked it
May 20, 2013
Heatherj82
Heatherj82 rated it it was ok
Dec 09, 2013
Audrey Chartier
Audrey Chartier rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
Marilee
Marilee rated it really liked it
May 17, 2008
Shelly
Shelly rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2008
Lisa Mcculloch
Lisa Mcculloch rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2013
Chelsea Johnson
Chelsea Johnson rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Mary Lynn
Mary Lynn rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2008
Phyllis
Phyllis rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2011
Margie
Aug 15, 2016 Margie rated it it was ok
an okay read.
Rebecca Oerman
Rebecca Oerman rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Patricia Reed
Patricia Reed rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2012
Lisa Goldsmith
Lisa Goldsmith rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2014
Jean
Jean rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2010
Dee Naumann
Dee Naumann rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Beverly
Beverly rated it it was ok
Sep 26, 2012
  • The Mother's Day Murder (Christine Bennett, #12)
  • Wedding Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #8)
  • Fear of Frying (Jane Jeffry, #9)
  • Silver Scream
  • Desert Shadows (A Lena Jones Mystery #3)
  • Shadow Bones (Great Lakes Legends, #2)
  • Statute of Limitations (Posadas County Mystery, #4)
  • Chocolate Quake (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #4)
  • White Elephant Dead (Death on Demand, #11)
  • The Body in the Bog (Faith Fairchild, #7)
  • The Da Vinci Cook (Angie Amalfi, #14)
Seattle native Mary Richardson Daheim has been fascinated by story-telling since early childhood. She first listened, then read, and finally began to write her own fiction when she was ten. A journalism major at the University of Washington, she was the first female editor of The Daily where she attracted national attention with her editorial stance against bigotry.

After getting her B.A., she wor
More about Mary Daheim...

Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Just Desserts (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #1)
  • Fowl Prey (Bed-and-Breakfast, #2)
  • Holy Terrors (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #3)
  • Dune to Death (Bed-and-Breakfast, #4)
  • Bantam of the Opera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #5)
  • A Fit of Tempera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #6)
  • Major Vices (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #7)
  • Murder, My Suite (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #8)
  • Auntie Mayhem (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #9)
  • Nutty as a Fruitcake (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #10)