Start by marking “Holy Terrors (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Holy Terrors (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #3)

Holy Terrors (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #3)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  509 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Catering the annual brunch and Easter egg hunt is a hair-raising hassle for Judith McMonigle, hard-working hostess of the Hillside Manor Inn - especially when the reclusive wife of a local moneybags is fatally perforated by a scissors-wielding fiend dressed in a bunny suit. Never one to pass up a good murder, Judith joins forces with her ex-beau, Lt. Joe Flynn, and her irr ...more
Published by Avon Books (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Holy Terrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holy Terrors

Col. Smith
Nov 24, 2011 Col. Smith rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cozy mystery fans
This is the 4th of a long series of Bed and Breakfast mysteries, involving two friendly cousins and their warring septuagenarian mothers, who provide a comic relief. Judith runs a B & B from her renovated dilapidated family homestead. She is a widow of 4 years standing, who escaped from a bad marriage after the death of her cribbing and hugely obese husband. Her former lover, Joe Flynn (am not sure of the name) had re-entered her life in the first book, and they are on the verge of getting m ...more
Lindsay
Better than her latest book. The characters didn't seem quite so crazy. I don't like the mom. She's mean. Hopefully the author kills her off. The storyline took place around Easter so I think that made it more interesting.
Georgette
As with many of the Bed and Breakfast Series, this book is best read in order..and I am totally out of order and need to get back ..despite this ,it was easy to get back into the wild and crazy lives surrounding Hillside Manor, Judith and her cousin Reenie who live on or near Heraldsgate Hill. This book #3 in the series is lots of fun, and easy to read, woven together around the Easter Holiday and the attendees of SOTS(Star of the Sea) Church, a murder and the usual whodunnit and the mayhem that ...more
LJ
HOLY TERRORS - Okay
Daheim - 3rd in Bed-and-Breadfast series

Catering the annual pre-Easter brunch and egg hunt is a hare-raising hassle for Judith McManigle, hard-working hostess of the Hillside Manor. And this year's egg scramble gets particularly messy when the reclusive wife of a local scion is fatally perforated my a fiend dressed in a bunny suit. Never one to pass up a good murder, Judith solicits the help of her sometime-beau policeman Joe and her irrepressible Cousin Renie to get energized
Danielle
Janet Robel
I really enjoy these bed and breakfast mysteries. Judith's mother Gertrude always has me in stitches. This is the third book in the series. I've already read the other two and plan on reading all of them in order.
VJ
I have a love-hate relationship with these characters. The mysteries are well thought out with lots of red herrings and many different threads all woven in. I do like Judith, but I think she's a ninny sometimes! Joe alternately makes me adore him and detest him. Renie mostly makes me laugh. I still can't figure out why the characters keep the dumb cat around if they all despise him so much!!!

In any case, this book had just enough twists and turns so that I didn't put everything together before t
Debra McEathron
this is the third book in this series and it it is a quick fun readsetting up clues to figure out her done it.
Zuzana
The mystery wasn't bad but I loathed almost all of the characters. Mean, bigoted, hypocritical or just plain crazy.
Gloria
My favorite!
Beth
Another in the series of what might be called "cozy" murder mysteries. Interesting, real characters with a continuation of their life stories and how the murder gets solved by their knowledge of the people involved and the background.

Only strange thing is - how many people are around multiple murders in their lives? Now really. They are needed for the premise of the series but.....

Probably will read more of these as they are an easy read with some thought involved to see where the story is going
I didn't like this book as well as the first one, but better than the second. Mary Daheim introduces so many "suspects" in each book that it is a bit confusing, and this one proved even more so, but in the end the murderer wasn't a total surprise (although I didn't really expect it.) The motive was a bit weak, but the banter and repeat characters of the book made a far fetched murder worth the read.
Erika
The mystery was good, everything else not so much. Even taking into account setting, religion and time of writing, Judith is a ninny. Also, the overuse of last names on all the minor characters got tiresome by the end of the first chapter, let alone the end of the book. What kept it entertaining was Judith's interactions with Renie and Gertrude and the Duffy's secret pasts.
Susan
The women in Star of the Sea parish gather to help with the annual Easter egg hunt, but all the gossip is about the recent death of a wealthy parishioner. Then a body is found, and Judith McGonigle learns that money was left to a mysterious woman. Judith is worried about the annulment request of her long-time love, Joe Flynn, but concentrates on finding a murderer.
Dale Rosso
I really enjoy the Bed & Breakfast mysteries because they take place in Seattle where I grew up. Daheim is up to her usual standard with this entry in the series.
Glenn Harris
Innkeeper Judith McManigle has yet another murder mystery to solve while trying to keep her guests and her extremely cranky mother happy. As this series goes on, you can see Daheim getting the kind of control over her dialogue and materials that she later displayed so well in the Emma Lord series.
Diane Falvey
the Third installment of this great series. Feel like i'm really starting to get to know the main characters in the stories. Once again an intriguing murder mystery. Love the way all the pieces of the puzzle come together at the end.

Each book leaves me eager to read the next.
Michele
I started this series ages ago, but got right hack into it and really enjoyed it. just when you think there are no more skeletons inxanyone's closet, think again.
Rebecca
I enjoy this series..its quirky.. and I adore Judith and her mother they just crack me up.. that being said.. this one was a little off the wall.
Susan
Too many characters to keep the relationships straight. This series should be better than it is; I like the Emma Lord one much better.
Candace Wegner
Fun...but some plot twists seemed to be a bit far fetched.
Tracey
Ridiculous but entertaining. Much better than the first two.
Daelith
May 21, 2008 Daelith marked it as did-not-finish
Only got 17 pages into this one before moving on.
Kim
Another great Daheim cozy mystery.
Gwyneth
Apr 15, 2011 Gwyneth added it
Shelves: reread
yet another awsome B&B mystery.
Maureen
A fun who done it.
Ellen Janetka
Ellen Janetka marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Gina
Gina added it
Jul 29, 2015
Rita Crick
Rita Crick marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
  • The Class Menagerie (Jane Jeffry, #4)
  • The Mother's Day Murder (Christine Bennett, #12)
  • New Year's Eve Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #12)
  • Who Invited the Dead Man? (Thoroughly Southern, #3)
  • Murder Gets A Life (Southern Sisters Mystery, #5)
  • The Body in the Vestibule (Faith Fairchild, #4)
  • A Wicked Slice (Lee Ofsted, #1)
  • Acts of Violets (A Flower Shop Mystery, #5)
  • Effigies (Faye Longchamp, #3)
Seattle native Mary Richardson Daheim has been fascinated by story-telling since early childhood. She first listened, then read, and finally began to write her own fiction when she was ten. A journalism major at the University of Washington, she was the first female editor of The Daily where she attracted national attention with her editorial stance against bigotry.
After getting her B.A., she wor
More about Mary Daheim...

Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Just Desserts (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #1)
  • Fowl Prey (Bed-and-Breakfast Mystery, #2)
  • Dune to Death (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #4)
  • Bantam of the Opera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #5)
  • A Fit of Tempera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #6)
  • Major Vices (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #7)
  • Murder, My Suite (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #8)
  • Auntie Mayhem (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #9)
  • Nutty as a Fruitcake (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #10)
  • September Mourn (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #11)
Just Desserts (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #1) The Alpine Advocate (Emma Lord Mystery, #1) Fowl Prey (Bed-and-Breakfast Mystery, #2) Dune to Death (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #4) The Alpine Betrayal (Emma Lord Mystery #2)