Start by marking “Meditation for Optimum Health” as Want to Read:
Meditation for Optimum Health

Meditation for Optimum Health

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  8 reviews
An easy-to-learn meditation guide for achieving optimum mind/body health.

The same ability that helps ordinary people achieve extraordinary success is also the secret to optimizing your lifespan, letting go of stress, and even enhancing your body's self-healing powers. In Meditation for Optimum Health: How to Use Mindfulness and Breathing to Heal Your Body and Refresh Your

Audio CD, Abridged, 2 pages
Published May 1st 2001 by Sounds True

To ask other readers questions about Meditation for Optimum Health, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meditation for Optimum Health

Loricious
The other book that helped transform my life.

Sometimes, even if you are happy with your life, a different POV really helps solidify and validate your own methods.

If your life is a roller coast, this smoothes the ride. V. enjoyable.
Heidi Wiechert
An excellent introduction to meditation. Two of the experts in the field explain what meditation is, what it can do for you, and how they have applied it in labs for verifiable and repeatable results. They also give you guided meditations to begin your own practice and real life situations in which your meditative practice can be beneficial to you.
Allie
I enjoyed this a lot. I was wary, given that the authors look a little hippy-dippy. That's not something I mind generally, but in my reading/listening I prefer the touchy-feely/spiritual stuff to be accompanied by a good bit of science.

The best thing about this is that there isn't an actual book so they're not just reading their text. It's more like a podcast in that it has a relaxed and conversation tone, to great success I think. The authors alternate chapters which is really pleasant. Altoget
Monica
Good book for beginners to meditation. I listened to the audiobook.
Elisa
Apr 25, 2009 Elisa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: first-time meditators.
This audio was my introduction to meditative practice and I still consider it one of the clearest and least intimidating explanations of non-religious meditation. The short coached meditation sessions in the later half are excellent. This is what I'd recommend to any curious beginner.
Kim
I'm not sure what market they were going for with this production - The voice seemed directed at practicing doctors, but the content was devoid of much novel information. That said, I'd still be interested to practice the meditation techniques.
Pam
Really good intro to mediation, breathe control, and it's benefits. Audio CD provides guided meditaion.
Shelly
Super short but great info. I liked hearing both perspectives.
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Jadevi
Jadevi added it
Jun 03, 2015
Holly Hubbard
Holly Hubbard marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Debbie
Debbie added it
Mar 30, 2015
Nikkie Gallant
Nikkie Gallant is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2015
Nicole
Nicole added it
Mar 20, 2015
Angela
Angela is currently reading it
Mar 14, 2015
Anahita
Anahita is currently reading it
Mar 01, 2015
Luna
Luna added it
Apr 05, 2015
Nicole Donze
Nicole Donze marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Andrew Thomas Weil, MD, is the founder and program director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine. He is the author of many bestselling books, including Spontaneous Healing, 8 Weeks to Optimum Health, and others.

Learn More:
Facebook.com/DrWeil
YouTube.com/DrWeil
Vimeo.com/DrWeil
Flickr.com
WeilPod
More about Andrew Weil...
Spontaneous Healing Spontaneous Happiness 8 Weeks to Optimum Health Eating Well for Optimum Health Healthy Aging