Start by marking “High School Bites: The Lucy Chronicles” as Want to Read:
High School Bites: The Lucy Chronicles

High School Bites: The Lucy Chronicles

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  552 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Lucy Hellenberg is not your typical Pacific Cedar High student. Because in between hanging out with her friends, hating her hair and her math teacher, and trying to decide whether she should dump her on-again off-again boyfriend, she has to deal with a father who refuses to go outside and a house that bears way too much resemblance to the set of The Munsters.

And that's n
Published January 3rd 2006 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about High School Bites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High School Bites

Dork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellTales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life by Rachel Renée RussellTales from a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess by Rachel Renée RussellDouble Dork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellTales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All by Rachel Renée Russell
7th grade
69th out of 153 books — 80 voters
Truth by Christina BenjaminSecrets by Christina BenjaminThe Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley SnyderThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne Collins
books for ages 11 to 14
17th out of 54 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Sara
Apr 07, 2013 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
It was a nice book, but I admit I thought it would be better.
The story was original and good, but there was something missing. The fact is that I couldn't relate much with the character of Lucy. I just couldn't feel how Lucy felt. Her story with Vic was short (at least in the book) and we didn't get to like them as a couple. But then when Christopher arrives, it's all so rushed and I don't feel how they feel. It's like reading of someone falling in love at first sight but with no emotion there.
Oct 26, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
Cute. This is about the descendants of the original Lucy, Mina and Dracula set in a Seattle high school. Quick, fast, fun read.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Lucy Hellenberg lives a somewhat a-typical high school life. Her sixteenth birthday is approaching, but she's not too concerned with it. What bothers her is her father's inability to leave their house, a place that bears a strong resemblance to the one the Munsters of television fame lived in. She worries about whether or not Vic, her sometime-boyfriend, will ask her to the Homecoming Dance. She wonders if she'll ever survive algebra with a teacher like Mrs. Ru
Aug 28, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
I have to admit this is the first book where things just really didn't add up for me.... I mean usually I read books and I pick really good ones and they turned out great but this one it was good but there were some things in the story that does baffled me. The first thing is when Lucy is asked to go out with Vic and she finds out he's a vampire why would she still go out with him when she finally learned about his past the thing everyone would do is run away that didn't make sense another thing ...more
Cyndi Goodgame
Mar 15, 2015 Cyndi Goodgame rated it it was amazing
Sassy and cute. Great, quick read for Drac fans who like a flare for the funny side.
Yasaida Rivera
Mar 21, 2016 Yasaida Rivera rated it really liked it
Jan
Having learned on her sixteenth birthday that it is her destiny to fight Count Dracula (alive, sort of, in Seattle), Lucy tries to save herself and her friends while wondering whether the boy of her dreams is one of the living dead. I really enjoyed this take on the story of Dracula. Anyone who loves the Count or Buffy should check out this funny bit of Young Adult Chick Lit.
Deanna
May 11, 2008 Deanna rated it liked it
Although I usually don't enjoy vampire books, I actually liked this one. In the beginning it seemed like one of those superficial books that is fun to read, but doesn't affect the reader to a deeper level, however towards the end, the book takes an unexpected twist. It teaches you that there is nothing in this world as important as family and friends.
Hong Deng
Oct 12, 2007 Hong Deng rated it liked it
Recommends it for: my friends

This book is a really interesting story based on a myth about vampire. Lucy Hellenberg is the main character who discovered her identity as a girl who inherited her mother, grand mother and great grand mother's gene as a fighter against vampire Dracula. If you want to find out more about whether or not she defeated the vampire, read this book!!
Hello Kitty
May 14, 2008 Hello Kitty rated it it was amazing
Julie
Jun 07, 2009 Julie rated it it was amazing
This showed a lot of things I thought was missing from Vampire books. Vampires are EVIL, the are not the 'oh sparkle' thing that has now plauged the vampires of current authors, and it makes Vampies go into WOLF form. that is awesome. WOLF, not bat but a wolf. that's how I write vampires. I loved it, I hope Conrad writes more
Svitlana
Nov 05, 2008 Svitlana rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Svitlana by: My friend
Imagine yourself being a teenager turning 16 who has to fight Daracula?!!!!! I loved the book, because it shows all the stuff teenager is going through and the conclusion she takes. Your dreams serve as a trap into the vampire's kingdom? Read this awesome book to know the end....
Tabitha Murray
Mar 10, 2008 Tabitha Murray rated it it was amazing
This sounds like soooo much fun.I wish that our school was like this.^_^ This book is about a girl named lucy who goes to a high school where vampires attend as well as vampires and she must overcome Dracula in the long run after her sixteenth birthday.
Erin
Nov 06, 2007 Erin rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 11-12 girls whose big sisters are reading eclipse
Shelves: paranormal, tween
very light vampire fiction, bad teen voice but enough indicators to amuse the 11-12 set, no cussing (she actually spells B-word), or bloody violence, good girls win but a little bit of drama and dress shopping in the middle.
Stephanie
May 14, 2015 Stephanie rated it it was ok
This is what I wrote in my journal back in 2007. The book was OK until the author rushed the ending with a bullshit way to kill Dracula but I will just leave it at that.
Kacie
Nov 29, 2010 Kacie rated it did not like it
This book was super slow and very cliche. Easy plot and characters. It was an easy read, but I definately wouldn't recommend it nor would I ever read it again. Waste of time.
McKenna
Jul 03, 2012 McKenna rated it liked it
Im so done with vampire books right now but this was very differrent from twilight etc. That i could handle it i actually like how it was based on the book dracula.
Hayden
Jan 12, 2008 Hayden rated it did not like it
Shelves: teen, vampire
A book set in Seattle, written by someone who has obviously never been here. One of the characters has a peaceful cabin in what seems to be the center of downtown.
Diana S
Apr 29, 2013 Diana S rated it liked it
"Lucy" the Vampire Hunter! "You Go, Girl"! What a fun-version on Dracula and Bram Stoker. I give this book 3.5 stars***!
Victoria
Apr 18, 2009 Victoria rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Victoria by: Me
Really good ending. Hope she makes another book, sequal to this. I want to know what happens in the future. Good!!!
Ruth Violet
awesome book. too bad it was made into a series. loved all the characters. very well written. a definite fav.
 R♥ A♥ I♥ N♥ B♥ O♥ W♥ Z!
Mar 23, 2008 R♥ A♥ I♥ N♥ B♥ O♥ W♥ Z! rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Alyssa and Caitie-Lynn
Recommended to R♥ A♥ I♥ N♥ B♥ O♥ W♥ Z! by: The Vampire Man (Ooops, don't tell him i told you his name!)
Shelves: just-read-this
I ONLY LIKE THE PARTS WHERE THE VAMPIRES COME IN!!

YEAH, GO VAMPIRES!
Linda
Jan 22, 2008 Linda rated it liked it
I say "set in Seattle" very loosely. Doesn't pass my Seattle truthiness test.
Caitlinleah
Jan 02, 2011 Caitlinleah rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-o-week
i don't do vampire books. this was a good one, but still. i'm not interested.
Sep 21, 2008 Sarah rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who need a book to read
i liked it alot it was a really fun book it's a one day read though
Shahad AlHammad
Nov 02, 2011 Shahad AlHammad rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
Cheesy and lame. Would never want to read ever again.
Laela
Sep 26, 2009 Laela rated it it was ok
Shelves: y-adult, vampires
So predictable, don't waste your time.
Sabrina
It was OKAY.
Gloria Kim
Jul 01, 2008 Gloria Kim rated it it was amazing
Nice book!
  • The Good Ghouls' Guide to Getting Even (Beth Frasier #1)
  • Circus of the Darned (Ben and Fran, #2)
  • Braced to Bite (Half-Blood Vampires, #1)
  • Vamped (Vamped, #1)
  • Never Bite a Boy on the First Date
  • Love Sucks! (Bite Me, #2)
  • The Vampire is Just Not That Into You
  • Vampire High
  • Demon Envy (Kenzie Sutcliffe, #1)
  • Still Sucks to Be Me: More All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton Smith, Teen Vampire (Sucks to Be Me, #2)
  • The Braddock Boys: Colton (Braddock Boys, #4) (Love At First Bite, #7)
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
  • Voice of the Undead (Alex Van Helsing #2)
  • Vamps (Vamps, #1)
  • Suspect
  • Must Love Black
  • Goodnight Kiss 2 (Fear Street Superchiller, # 10)