The Maine Mulch Murder

The Maine Mulch Murder

3.11 of 5 stars 3.11  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Amy Creighton has her life arranged just about the way she likes it--a successful career as a free-lance editor, hobbies she enjoys, and good friends in the small town of Granton, Maine. Then she uncovers a body in a mill shed while gathering mulch for her strawberry plants. With her gardener's eye she takes in the scene of the corpse.

Amy Crighton brings the best of the i

Published June 1st 2000 by Larcom Press

Susan
Divorced freelance editor Amy Creighton is going about her usual gardening activities when she finds a stranger, dead. This reunites her with high school boyfriend, now local constable, Dort Adams, and readers will root for the autumnal romance between the two. They also find that their tiny Maine town is not as edenic as they had believed, rescue a friendly dog and an almost catatonic abuse victim, and uncover a long-forgotten murder. This is a completely charming mystery (though even the title...more
Margaret
Aug 19, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2005
I really enjoyed this book. The character of Amy was very down-to-earth and I felt like I could relate to her a little. Loved the setting - coastal Maine is one of my favorite places and I've been to most of the towns mentioned in the book. Also found the relationship between Amy and Dort interesting.
Carol
This book almost made me a character is a murder mystery by almost killing me with boredom! It was a disappointment -- I was ready for a good Maine mystery written by a Maine author.
Cindy
This was set in Granton Maine so I was quite familar with the area and the gardening tips were great. Good story, flowed well and I will recommend it to friends.
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2010
Emily IN
Emily IN marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2010
From The Orange Mailbox: Notes From A Few Country Acres The Maine Mulch Murder (An Amy Creighton mystery)