Start by marking “The Maine Mulch Murder” as Want to Read:
The Maine Mulch Murder

The Maine Mulch Murder

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Amy Creighton has her life arranged just about the way she likes it--a successful career as a free-lance editor, hobbies she enjoys, and good friends in the small town of Granton, Maine. Then she uncovers a body in a mill shed while gathering mulch for her strawberry plants. With her gardener's eye she takes in the scene of the corpse.

Amy Crighton brings the best of the i

Published June 1st 2000 by Larcom Press

To ask other readers questions about The Maine Mulch Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Maine Mulch Murder

Susan
Divorced freelance editor Amy Creighton is going about her usual gardening activities when she finds a stranger, dead. This reunites her with high school boyfriend, now local constable, Dort Adams, and readers will root for the autumnal romance between the two. They also find that their tiny Maine town is not as edenic as they had believed, rescue a friendly dog and an almost catatonic abuse victim, and uncover a long-forgotten murder. This is a completely charming mystery (though even the title ...more
Margaret
Aug 19, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2005
I really enjoyed this book. The character of Amy was very down-to-earth and I felt like I could relate to her a little. Loved the setting - coastal Maine is one of my favorite places and I've been to most of the towns mentioned in the book. Also found the relationship between Amy and Dort interesting.
Terry Tschann Skelton
Picked this up in a laundry room at Morro Dunes RV park. Had never heard of it or the author. Found it to be a very pleasurable read. Looked for other mysteries by this author, but found nothing on amazon. Too bad.
Carol
This book almost made me a character is a murder mystery by almost killing me with boredom! It was a disappointment -- I was ready for a good Maine mystery written by a Maine author.
Cindy
This was set in Granton Maine so I was quite familar with the area and the gardening tips were great. Good story, flowed well and I will recommend it to friends.
Janet Stites
it's a good book, i had trouble gettng into it at first, but that was really due more to my being tired then the book itself.
Suzanne
Jul 03, 2008 Suzanne rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Suzanne by: Mom
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
A nice read although sometimes things were just a bit too cutesy, such as the pet's name being Chutney.
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Kara
Kara added it
Jan 26, 2015
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Deb Sharp
Deb Sharp marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Chris Brandstatter
Chris Brandstatter marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Dec 12, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014