Start by marking “Covenant in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #2)” as Want to Read:
Covenant in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #2)
Preview

Covenant in Blood (Partnership in Blood #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  278 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Book Two in a Four Book Series. The wizards and the vampires have forged an alliance based on blood and magic, hoping to turn the tide of the war against the dark wizards. A few wizard-vampire bonds are as successful as Alain Magnier's and Orlando St. Clair's, but some are much less so, leading to arguments, resentment, and outright fights between the allies despite their ...more
Published November 1st 2008 by Dreamspinner Press (first published October 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Covenant in Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Covenant in Blood

Bound by Blood by Jourdan LaneInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDeceptions by Jourdan LaneSacrifice by Jourdan Lane
Best Gay Vampires
29th out of 366 books — 532 voters
Truth in the Dark by Amy LaneCounterpoint by Rachel HaimowitzHis Hearth by Mary CalmesBloodraven by P.L. NunnLuck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling
Best Gay Elves, Gods, Deity & Wizards
168th out of 275 books — 282 voters

More lists with this book...

Bookish❧Gwen❦
Ooooooh soooo fun!

I LOVED all the vampire/wizard action of the war...But, this still got those fem bits~and many side stories, of which I don't care for. Since this seem the direction of the book(s) I can see that I'm going to be a skimming queen before the series comes to an end...lol..lucky for me I love the magic this book offer's...

For me the many couple are still a bit much, but I would recommend this book If you like MM, MF, FF , many love stories in one book, because this book has some aw
Eric Renoult
J’attendais avec une certaine impatience alliée à de l’appréhension ce second opus, en effet la qualité de la traduction du premier tome avait gâché l’histoire et m’avait laissé un goût teinté d’amertume à la lecture.
Cependant rassurez-vous, même si le nom du traducteur n’a pas été changé, il s’agit d’une toute autre personne qui a effectué ce délicat travail, et je dois dire que là l’histoire d’Ariel Tachna prend toute sa dimension.

Ariel Tachna ne se contente pas de nous créer une histoire basi
Brenda (b)
11/1/14 chapter 26 of 48: I'm hoping it's just the mood I'm in right now, but I'm feeling a bit bored with the story right now. It just doesn't seem to be going forward fast enough. Maybe if I take a brief break it'll feel better when I pick it up again.

11/17/14 chapter 30 of 48: I'm sorry, I really am. I tried, I gave it a second chance, but I just can't get into this story anymore. I don't know if it's because there are so many characters/couples or because this book seems to be centering on t
Jacqueline
This was a cute and magical. I love reading more about Orlando and Alain as well as Thierry and Sebastien. But Jean and Raymond are my all time Favs.

Why one star short? I found it to be a little long 400 plus pages, just dang drawn out for me...but clearly magical.
Love Bytes Reviews
This book is about building relationships. Personal ones and professional ones….

In book one it was discovered that some vampires and wizards could form bonds through feeding, that allow the vampires to go out in the sun. By bringing the paired vampires in to the ranks of the Milice, the fighting force is increased significantly, and the vampires add some serious man power. They also seem to be fairly impervious to the dark wizard spells. But it turns out the bonds are not just a business arrange
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

3.5 Stars

This book didn’t grab me quite as much as the first in the series, it seemed a little long for the progress that was made within the alliance. It was also difficult sometimes to work out whose POV you were reading. For me personally there were just too many characters to keep track of and I found myself getting a little lost with who was doing what and where.

Having said that I am still enjoying the series and looking forward to the rest of the books.

The d
T.T. Kove
A lot of m/f and f/f scenes I didn't much appreciate, and browsed through. The m/m scenes are great though!^^
Morgan  Skye
In this, the second book, we start to see where all those new relationships forged in book one are headed. There are so many, it is sometimes hard to keep track. And they come in all flavors: m/m, m/f, f/f.
Orlando and Alain are growing closer day to day. Orlando is still a bit stand-offish, so scarred that it is hard for him to let Alain in. Alain is becoming impatient and hurt by this seeming “rejection” and it briefly separates them. On the one hand, I too was feeling that Orlando was being ri
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Siamo a una svolta, nella guerra e nella storia, e l’alleanza tra maghi e vampiri è solo l’inizio."

4 stelle non proprio tonde tonde per questo secondo capitolo della serie! ;D I due difetti che avevo trovato nel primo libro infatti sono tornati più forti che mai anche qui: troppi POV e coppie da seguire, ed un finale praticamente tagliato brutalmente D: Insomma tra le voci di Orlando, Alain,Thierry,Sebastien, Jean, Raymond, Marcel, Eric, David, Angelique, Catherine, Justin, Mireille, Caroline,
Keri123179
Jan 14, 2013 Keri123179 added it
Recommends it for: anyone
Original review written for the first of this series:

I have had this series for about a year now, and kept putting off reading it. Even though the reviews for these books were great, it was more of a vampire love/hate thing.
I rarely find a book on vampires that I like unless they are surrounded by shifters, which is where my heart lies.

I decided that when the book came up in my que again, (don't ask, it is a complicated method that makes no sense to anyone but me) I would read them or at least g
Katy
Feb 04, 2013 Katy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of well-plotted vampire books w/ good characters
Recommended to Katy by: Ariel Tachna
Shelves: ebook
Please note: I originally read this series in November 2011. I'm updating the formatting and adding the disclosure that the author provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

My Synopsis: With the alliance between the vampires and wizards of Paris in place, both sides must learn to deal with the changes being wrought within the partnerships that have formed; and, of course, the partners themselves must learn to deal with their changing emotions and ideas about their own
Lee
Seldom have I ever had to keep a scorecard of who's who in a book, but with this series I came damn close. Too many characters that have far too little to do with the plot. And quite honestly a lot of them are boring and seem to have been developed just for sexual interest. That leads me to my biggest gripe. I like reading man on man love stories, what I don't like reading are hetero love stories, or bisexual love stories, but for some unknown reason too many writers feel that they have to inclu ...more
Chris Jeffreys
After reading this author's most recent work, I decided to go back and read her earlier novels. I just finished Covenant in Blood, and I understand some of the criticism that was rendered when it was first published. In a desire to be complete, the author has thrown every possible character at the reader -- it is so bad that there is a two page list of characters at the end of the book. Additionally, this book needed some good old-fashion editing. There are far too many side stories from very mi ...more
Amarilli Settantatre
Al contrario del primo libro, questo mi è parso troppo dispersivo e troppo lento.
A parte i momenti dedicanti a Alain e Orlando, con approfondimento dei loro sentimenti, il resto del libro è una girandola vorticosa che si fatica a seguire.
Susan
I am still enjoying this series but this book seemed to me to be longer than it needed to be when you consider the progress that was made in the story. I enjoyed the character development and the relationship building but at times I felt the overarching storyline was close to stalling. I already own book 3 so I will read on and hope for a little more progress.

This book also contained m/f and f/f interactions which I wasn't really expecting and to be honest I largely skipped over those parts.
Iris
After reading the first book i couldn't wait to start reading the next book. But after i started it wasn't that interesting anymore. There were too many people so that i didn't know who who was anymore. Then i made the mistake to read the last chapter of the last book of this series and didn't even want to read the rest anymore (it's really worth it, but trust me, don't read it when you haven't finished the other books!). Apart from the many names it was still interesting to read ^^
Don Bradshaw
Second in the wizard and vampire partnership books. The shaky alliance formed in book one is threatened by common misconceptions each half of the alliance has about the other. Trust issues are overcome by the partnership when the see the mutual benefits Orlando and Alain have. Wizards gain strength and after drinking a partner's blood, the vampires can spend time in sunlight.
Tj
Jan 01, 2015 Tj rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I enjoyed the story and the characters. I did get a bit lost as the story bounced between the characters a little too much. I think some of the side characters and ect didn't need to be covered like they were. Still I enjoyed the concept of the story and the story line. I'm interested in seeing what will happen with the story.
Joleen
Nov 21, 2014 Joleen marked it as pdpm
Shelves: mm, vampires, series
50% off at DSP, 10-21-14
Kari Gregg
Interesting story world, a wide array of characters. The m/f and especially the f/f wasn't my cup of tea, but didn't bother me to skim over those scenes. Just a bit jarring, having bought thess books as m/m titles.
Vanyel Kane
It's an interesting premise and I really wanted to know what happens next which, is why i will continue with series but not overwhelmingly brilliant.
Lily
Interesting book but I'd find myself losing focus on the story since I had to keep track of so many people/partnerships.
Serehtt
Bea
Nov 03, 2013 Bea marked it as did-not-finish
I will try again later. Got interrupted and just never got back to it.
Angela
Dec 09, 2009 Angela rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Erotica, m/m, witches,vampires
643 pages. Should've been two books.
Andrea
3rd reading
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Saved by Love's Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #5)
  • Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1)
  • Sacrifice (Soul Mates, #3)
  • Nija's Temptation (Christian's Coven, #2)
  • A Different Breed
  • Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords, #2)
  • To Hate and To Hold  (Anaboris Clan, #1)
  • Body Magic (Triad, #2)
  • To Adam With Love (Gray Zone, #1)
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Tainted Blood (Tainted, #1)
  • Vertigo (Channeling Morpheus,  #2)
  • My Vampire and I (My Vampire and I, #1)
Ariel Tachna lives outside of Houston with her husband, her daughter and son, and their cat. Before moving there, she traveled all over the world, having fallen in love with both France, where she found her husband, and India, where she dreams of retiring some day. She’s bilingual with snippets of four other languages to her credit, and is as in love with languages as she is with writing.

Visit Ari
More about Ariel Tachna...

Partnership in Blood (6 books)
  • Alliance in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #1)
  • Conflict in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #3)
  • Reparation in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #4)
  • Crossroads in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #5)
  • Partnership Reborn (Partnership in Blood, #7)
Inherit the Sky (Lang Downs, #1) Her Two Dads Alliance in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #1) Chase the Stars (Lang Downs, #2) The Inventor's Companion