Start by marking “The Enduring Community: Embracing The Priority Of The Church” as Want to Read:
The Enduring Community: Embracing The Priority Of The Church

The Enduring Community: Embracing The Priority Of The Church

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The Enduring Community: Embracing the Priority of the Church is a clarion call for the evangelical Church to return to Christ's foundational roots for it. Those roots are lodged in the Universal Church's and local church's Christ-imaging roles as a prophetic witness, a priestly witness, and a kingly witness. The authors, both PCA (Presbyterian Church in America) ordained p ...more
Papaerback

To ask other readers questions about The Enduring Community, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enduring Community

Camille Kendall
In a day when many folks dismiss the local church as irrelevant, this was such an encouraging reminder of how much Christ loves the church - even the church expressed in the particular local body where I serve and worship. Easily readable, very practical, convicting, and encouraging. Highly recommend.
Jo
This is a good book on Church and the basics of how it is to function. I picked it off the shelf about 10 days ago to get my brain back into what really matters - instead of the election. The church is Plan A - and Mr. Habig does a good job of dispelling the myths that often lead people away from church and what it truly is. It is a refutation to the idea that Church is a consumer based club and refocuses grumbles back to the worship of God.
Jon Anderson
Read this book when it first came out and have read it for various reasons in subsequent years. This time, the elders of the church were reading it and discussing it as part of their monthly meeting. There are good reminders here for us about that nature of the church and good application points. The authors do a good job holding together the tension between the ideal of the church and what is actually happening in the church.
Andrew Canavan
Really excellent introduction to ecclesiology and practical life in the church. This is a good book for a winsome and clear defense of Presbyterian church order and why it's a good thing. Christians often neglect to think through questions about why church is important and why we do what we do as members of the Church. The Enduring Community provokes consideration of those questions and points toward biblical answers.
Jenny
Simple, lucid discussion of our need for the local church utilizing scriptural and historical tools. Brian Habig was an RUF campus minister for a good while before planting a church.
Thomas Kuhn
Really helpful introduction to the Church. Helped me understand the scriptural basis for what I've grown up believing. Very helpful to me, but maybe less so if you aren't PCA.
Melanie
Aug 14, 2008 Melanie rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Melanie by: RUF Internship
One of the best books for practical, yet biblically grounded thinking about what it means for Christians to take part in the life of the Church that I have read.
Joel
Feb 28, 2008 Joel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Joel by: Tim Udouj
A good study on the church with some memorable illustrations. It is also a great small group study, especially for discussion and such.
Gavin Breeden
Terrific book on the church.
Kevin Burrell
Kevin Burrell is currently reading it
Apr 24, 2015
Tolivar Wills
Tolivar Wills marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Amy
Amy added it
Feb 23, 2015
PD
PD is currently reading it
Aug 04, 2014
Katie Martin
Katie Martin marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Alison
Alison added it
Jul 23, 2014
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014