Start by marking “A New Beginning” as Want to Read:
A New Beginning

A New Beginning (Magic Puppy #1)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  267 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Lily loves working at Greengates Riding Stables, but she can't help feeling sad that she doesn't have her own pony. Or even her own pet. But when Storm, a golden retriever with sparkling midnight-blue eyes, magically appears, she can't believe it. A wonderful adventure awaits them.
Published 2008 by Puffin Books

Rosa Ramôa
Os comportamentos dos cães variam e estão associados ao temperamento de cada um;)

Maggie
This book sure makes me want to have a little puppy of my own - a little golden retriever like Storm! I've always wanted my own pet, just like Lily. Anyone who likes dogs and ponies would love this book.
Anastasia Bolinder
this is a wonderfull young reader series that has always tuched my heart <3
Caelyn English
it was pretty cool for kids who like dogs and it is very excitting.
Stacy
My daughter loves these books, she picks one out at the school library almost every time she goes even if it's one she already read.
Kristine Pratt
I liked the concept of this - a magical wolf that becomes a puppy to flee from a terrible enemy. See? We're all good. We have wolves which are awesome. And puppies which are cute.

My problem with this book, and what kept it from 4 stars is the way the main character repeatedly lied to her parents. See, I'm thinking there had to be a better way to plot around that without all the lying. It's just not a good role model for the readers.

The adventure part? Great. That was all good. The rest...yeah.
Sarah Hay
Good for 2nd and 3rd grade girls. The story was ok, but it had a puppy and ponies so it will appeal to girls who enjoy both.
Raevyn ~I Stand For Jesus~
I loved the premise, but it's just too simplistic and cutesy. Might have worked as a YA series.
Joy
Another cute Magic Puppy book by Sue Bentley!
Mary
Oh my gosh, this was horrible! It's really popular with girls at my school, so I thought I'd see what the fuss is about. After reading it, I'm still not sure. The story was just, with no better word, dumb. The wolf is hiding from the other wolf by being a puppy, but he uses his magic and talks to Lily. Of course that's a bad plan. The illustrations were also pretty pathetic. Sad.
Jaime
My 5 year old daughter and me read these books together and she loves them! These our her new favorite chapter books and she can't wait to read the next one! It's magical, funny, and sincere all at the same time! I also let my daughter say how many stars to put for these books!
Aubrey
My daughter is reading level 1 and 2 books entirely on her own, so I read aloud chapter books with her. We started this Magic Puppy series last month, and she *loves* it. Cute story line but simple plot that my 5 year old can follow.
Yvonne
Perfect pace for my 6 year old. Just enough suspense combined with a magical theme, made for an age appropriate read.
Meredith
As good as the Magic Kitten series. I look forward to enjoying every minute of every book.
Marcus
Five stars because I love puppies and I love magic.
Ruby
Feb 24, 2011 Ruby rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dog Lovers
Recommended to Ruby by: No one
Shelves: animals
This was a cute book that is sure to please any dog lover.
Mae S
I love it! The magic is awesome
Melissa
What's not to like about a magic wolf?
Katie Borobia
It's a shallow take on a shallow life.
Cassadra Fauble
Dec 15, 2013 Cassadra Fauble rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Abby, my best friend
Recommended to Cassadra by: Dakota, my wonderful, perfect, kind and best sister ever
Tay Sze
I like the book
Melinda
cute story.
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
  • Penny The Pony Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Pet Keeper Fairies, #7)
  • Stolen Ponies (Pony Pals, #20)
  • Princess Posey and the First Grade Parade (Princess Posey, #1)
  • Chewy And Chica (The Puppy Place Special Edition)
  • Pinkalicious: Pink around the Rink
  • Flight Of The Quetzalcoatlus (Dinosaur Cove, #4)
  • Good Job Kanani  (American Girl of the Year 2011, #2)
  • In a Blink (Disney Fairies: Never Girls #1)
  • National Geographic Readers: Frogs!
  • Buddy (Dog Diaries #2)
  • Puppy in a Puddle (Animal Ark, #28)
  • On Beyond Bugs (Cat In The Hat's Learning Library)
  • Purple Princess Wins the Prize (Perfectly Princess)
  • School Days (Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa #3)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Big Sleepover (Henry and Mudge, #28)

Magic Puppy (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Muddy Paws (Magic Puppy, #2)
  • Cloud Capers (Magic Puppy, #3)
  • Star of the Show (Magic Puppy, #4)
  • Party Dreams (Magic Puppy, #5)
  • A Forest Charm (Magic Puppy, #6)
  • Twirling Tails (Magic Puppy, #7)
  • School of Mischief (Magic Puppy, #8)
  • Classroom Princess (Magic Puppy, #9)
  • Friendship Forever (Magic Puppy, #10)
  • Spellbound at School (Magic Puppy, #11)
A Summer Spell (Magic Kitten, #1) Classroom Chaos (Magic Kitten, #2) Star Dreams (Magic Kitten, #3) Muddy Paws (Magic Puppy, #2) Moonlight Mischief (Magic Kitten, #5)