Start by marking “Miss Match (Allie Fortune Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Miss Match (Allie Fortune Mystery #2)

Miss Match (Allie Fortune Mystery #2)

This series takes place in the 1940's, and the motivating factor is the relationship of the main character, Allie Fortune, with a man who may or may not be dead. She fell in love with him before he went off to fight in WWII, and perhaps even worse, before she realized she loved him. Now he has disappeared and she can't move on with her life, romantically at least. Meanwhil ...more
Published March 1st 2009 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Miss Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Match

Ruth
Feb 24, 2010 Ruth rated it it was amazing
In many ways, not much has changed in Allie Fortune’s life since she met FBI agent Jack O’Connor and they partnered together to successfully close a major case. She’s still the only female private investigator in New York City, still has tense dinners with her parents every Wednesday night, and she’s till searching for her lost love David Rubeneski, missing in action since the end of the war. When Jack calls asking for her help, she knows the situation is serious – Maggie, the woman who turned h ...more
Charlotte
Apr 07, 2010 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
J.D. Holiday
Oct 30, 2016 J.D. Holiday rated it it was amazing
Love Allie. Great character! ~JD
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“This series takes place in the 1940's, and the motivating factor is the relationship of the main character, Allie Fortune, with a man who may or may not be dead. She fell in love with him before he went off to fight in WWII, and perhaps even worse, before she realized she loved him. Now he has disappeared and she can't move on with her life, romantically at least. Meanwhile, she has become a private investigator and has developed a stellar reputation in the business.
As
Miss Fo
Stephany
Aug 27, 2011 Stephany rated it really liked it
This was the second book in Sara Mills Miss Fortune series and I loved it just as much as the first. It's set in the 40's, which is my favorite time period.

I really loved the dynamic between Allie and Jack in the first book that I was actually turned off by Maggie (Jack's old love interest) in the beginning. I desperately want Allie and Jack to end up together! But I Maggie grew on me as the story progressed and the author let us in on Maggie's back story.

The entire plot was fast-moving and inte
Susan
Jun 06, 2009 Susan rated it liked it
FBI agent Jack has loved Maggie most of his life. When her letters arrive from post-war Berlin begging for his help, he's willing to quit the FBI to go to her. But his friend Allie Fortune won't let him go alone. The only woman P.I. in New York, she has friends and connections--and a mysterious job from her cool society mother--as well as her skills. They find Maggie, who is the most wanted woman in Berlin because of a dangerous document she has found, but helping her will not be easy. There was ...more
Cindy
Oct 21, 2014 Cindy rated it liked it
Female private investigator with a close make friend in the FBI must seek out undercover his former girlfriend who is in trouble in post-war Berlin. I really enjoyed the setting, the struggle between her longer for her missing boyfriend and this guy. It felt more really, genuine and intriguing than most Christian fiction. A little mystery/ global intrigue doesn't hurt. Safe for anyone over 12
Marlaina Connelly
6. Woman saving the day.
7. Historically accurtate

Dignoses: good read
Janice
Didn't like this one, and won't read another of her books. Too much romance and not enough mystery and mayhem for me. There was an unfinished ending to the story, and Mills ended this story with such abruptness that the book didn't seem finished, but I don't even care to find out how it was resolved!
Sheri Salatin
Jun 15, 2009 Sheri Salatin rated it really liked it
The second book in the Allie Fortune series. This one was as good as the first one! It wrapped up the story very nicely, however I do wish that Mills would have written just a little more dialogue at the end. I was not at all ready for it to end when it did. I'm hoping that this means that she will write another one in the series. I would love to read more Allie Fortune books!
Jolee
Aug 04, 2011 Jolee rated it really liked it
I read this for a book talk at a time when my reading choices were "not entirely my own." lol. This was an enjoyable new mystery series, though, with a film noir feel. I may be snagged! Wouldn't be surprised if Miss Allie Fortune found herself on my bedstand again in the future.
Tonya Mathis
Apr 27, 2014 Tonya Mathis rated it really liked it
Sue
Jul 27, 2013 Sue rated it really liked it
Book #2 in the Allie Fortune female private investigator mysteries. First book is Miss Fortune -- probably best to read it first, but the second book reads well without it. Set after WWII in New York & Germany. Good suspense, good description of the aftermath of war on people, love interest.
Sabrina Clendenin
Jul 22, 2015 Sabrina Clendenin rated it liked it
The book started out so slow I almost gave up. But about halfway through it picked up and I couldn't put it down until I had finished it. WHERE IS THE THIRD BOOK?! this author is a pro with cliff hangers
Mary
Sep 17, 2009 Mary rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book right up to the last page. Felt the ending left a little bit to be desired. Very much a film noire feel to the entire book. Very descriptive.
I felt like the end left many questions unanswered.
Christa
Mar 27, 2011 Christa rated it it was ok
I couldn't get into this book. Not only was it in a time I'm not familiar with, now it is in a place I am not familiar with. I cheated and read the end, so I read the rest of the book to get there. Now I feel like I'll have to read the next book too.
Corie
Sep 24, 2009 Corie rated it it was amazing
Once again, really liked this book. There were a couple sad moments, but it was nicely paced and I can't wait for the third book.
Kimberly
Jun 09, 2009 Kimberly rated it really liked it
This one did not disappoint. I cannot wait until the next book because the ending was a cliffhanger!
Carman
Feb 11, 2016 Carman rated it really liked it
Well. This was a wonderful sequel to Miss Fortune. But, I am distressed because the book ended on a huge cliff-hanger, and now I have to wait to find out what happens. ARG!
Mary
Jan 16, 2011 Mary added it
Jennifer rated it really liked it
May 10, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
Janell Black brown
Janell Black brown rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2013
Jocelyn Branco
Jocelyn Branco rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2012
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Beth Kaminske
Beth Kaminske rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2015
Sherri-lynn
Sherri-lynn rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2015
Mary Ann
Mary Ann rated it liked it
May 08, 2013
Sandy Cathcart
Sandy Cathcart rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Celestial
Celestial rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

SARA MILLS is author of Miss Match and Miss Fortune. She lives with her three children on a ranch in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies.
More about Sara Mills...

Allie Fortune Mystery (2 books)
  • Miss Fortune (Allie Fortune Mystery #1)