Start by marking “What Happens When Women Walk in Faith: Trusting God Takes You to Amazing Places” as Want to Read:
What Happens When Women Walk in Faith: Trusting God Takes You to Amazing Places

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith: Trusting God Takes You to Amazing Places

4.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  503 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
LysaTerKeurst knows what it means to walk in faith, starting from the cry she uttered years ago, "How do I take my broken life and allow God to use it for His glory," to her current position as president of Proverbs 31 Ministry.

Walking in Faith will change the way the reader...

recognizes God's opportunities for growth
hears God speak through His Word
understands herself as a
Published July 1st 2005 by Harvest House Publishers

Mindi
Aug 19, 2008 Mindi rated it it was amazing
If you long to make a change in your life, but haven't been able to get over that last hurdle? Then this is the read for you. Lysa shares intimate stories of how she feels like she's a bad wife and mother and is at the end of her rope. She endures pitfalls in her career and wants to throw in the towel. Ultimately, she decides to take control of her life and use her life lessons to help others.

I am positive that everyone will take something with them after reading this book. If you let go and le
Julia Reffner
May 17, 2015 Julia Reffner rated it it was amazing
This book was very applicable to where I am in life right now (as often is the case with Lysa's books, but especially this one). I really enjoyed doing this study with P31 OBS. I love how Lysa includes reflection questions which require significant thought as well as biblical study for support. Lysa's journey of faith through adopting her children, attempting to adopt another one, publishing her first book, etc are some of the journeys she takes us through to show us how to walk in obedience wit ...more
Jerusha
May 09, 2015 Jerusha rated it it was amazing
This book was so amazing. I love Lysa's writing style. This book explores five phases of walking in faith using Biblical examples from Biblical characters we all know of and can identify with. If you haven't identified with them at the beginning of this book, you sure will by the end! At the end of each chapter is a personal Bible study which allows you to dig even deeper into the Word to drive her points home. So many truths. So much worth in this. A must read for all Christian women.
Rebeccah C. Graves
Proverbs 31 online Bible study was another amazing read. This book that was written 10 years ago still had so much relevance today. Lysa's great at painting a story of faith from a real woman's outlook. I went through SO many things personally during reading this book and I truly know God had a purpose for me reading this book when I did!
Andrea
May 14, 2015 Andrea rated it it was amazing
This book is outstanding, as much because of the writing as because of the timing. I happened to be reading it during a time when the stages of faith in the book just happened to coincide with events in my life. It was really amazing to read and really lean into God during this time.
Missy Baroff
Jan 14, 2014 Missy Baroff rated it it was amazing
Has God given you a dream or desire to be more for Him or be used by Him in ministry, yet, it just doesn't seem to be happening? I know I've been there. Actually, I spent a lot of years there, and it has only been recently that God started moving on my desire. Oh, how I wish I would have read this book sooner.

Lysa TerKeurst's "What Happens When Women Walk in Faith" is a book about following your God-given dreams, yet it is about so much more. In her book, Lysa equips us with the encouragement an
Stacey
May 15, 2015 Stacey rated it really liked it
Shelves: studies, 2015
I think what I needed this book for at this time was the reminder of the different stages of dreams. I had forgotten that dreams are resurrected. Now, it may not look like I thought, and I don't think all dreams come out of the death phase, but I forgot there was anything past that phase at all. It was good to be reminded.

I think if I had done this with a group face to face I would have put more time in answering the questions at the end of the chapters, though not all of the questions at the e
May 17, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this along with the Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study and conference call series, which I think made it more enjoyable helped me get more out of the book. I liked the personal bible studies and references at the end of each chapter and will probably re-read this at some point spending more time reading the recommended verses and taking my own notes. For someone exploring and re-discovering her faith, this was a great read - lots of personal anecdotes and things to think about and not too pushy ...more
Tasha enderby
May 25, 2015 Tasha enderby rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
What a great way to transition into summer! This is my summers kick off read and it was a good read. For me the steady theme being repeated and forcing us to open the scriptures instead of adding them all in is a great challenge and biggest reward. I want to skip it giving me the excuse that I have read it, I know what it says. The truth has a new depth each time you read it so I challenge you that if you give yourself the same excuse then choose a new bible translation to use so it will be new ...more
May 14, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Just finished this Proverbs 31 Bible study. Lysa Terkeurst explains the five seasons of faith that one will pass through to achieve a dream: 1. Leaving the old behind. 2. The famine of leaving your comfort zone to depend on God like never before. 3. Believing. 4. Death of not necessarily a person. 5. Resurrection of God making your dream come true in his way.
Becky Schaffer
May 16, 2015 Becky Schaffer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!

This book is an amazing journey for a woman in her walk of faith! I have followed Proverbs 31 Ministry for years and had the pleasure of hearing Lysa speak. This is a book I would recommend for anyone in their walk of faith and it doesn't matter where they are at in it.
Tracy Ford
May 14, 2015 Tracy Ford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

I chose this rating because this book is what I needed at the time. It helps those whose Faith slips from time to time. This book will be a lifelong reference book.
Sera
May 16, 2015 Sera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing walk through faith

Well written. Easy to follow study. Touched my heart in so many ways. Great bible study. I was inspired and learned so much.
Carolyn Reardon
May 21, 2015 Carolyn Reardon rated it it was amazing
This book came at a time in my life I needed it. I read it for Proverbs 31 online Bible Study. You will get out of this book what you put into reading it and the scriptures given it it. The five phases of faith are well described in a simple a forward way with the scriptures to back them up and to help you as you go through them. I liked that Lysa TerKeurst shared her life through these phases and how she came through. It made me realize that I as a woman can do the same.
Sherri Morgan
Apr 28, 2015 Sherri Morgan rated it really liked it
Shelves:
I am half way through it is great book definitely recommend this book!
Alexis
May 13, 2015 Alexis rated it really liked it
Great book, very practical & tangible biblical advice.
Michelle M.
Apr 26, 2015 Michelle M. rated it liked it
I love this author, speaker, and Bible teacher. I have read many of her books & have loved them, sadly, this book was not one of them. The subject matter was great & informative, but the writing style and stories seemed a bit "clunky"...nothing seemed to flow together.
Jill
Apr 14, 2013 Jill rated it liked it
I enjoy Lysa TerKeurst. I think she writes in a very real and relatable way. I also enjoyed how she wove together stories from the bible with her own experience. I think this book is good for those who might feel themselves in a place of uncertainty, a place of waiting, or a place of not feeling right in their own skin. Her ideas and assurances about being in that place would bring me comfort. I likely would have gotten more out of the book had I been better about engaging in the personal study ...more
Margaret Fraleigh
May 30, 2015 Margaret Fraleigh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-books
This was an awesome book and a great bible study.
Gina
May 17, 2015 Gina rated it liked it
A good book. It's simple, not complicated. It's good because of the timing. I have been reading it during a time when all these phases are playing out in my life. Very enlightening, eye opening & encouraging to read, learn & apply what I've learned as I lean into God during this time. Lysa TerKeurst is a gifted writer & I'm thankful that God's given her this gift!
Christy Wheeler
Sep 05, 2015 Christy Wheeler rated it it was amazing
Changed my life!
Amy
Jun 02, 2015 Amy rated it liked it
More like 3.5 stars. I really enjoyed it, but not the favorite study I have done, hence the lower rating. I thought it was a book full of great scripture and testimonies from the author. She challenged me in areas and gave me hope in those areas that seemed lost. She has an easy to follow style and is not afraid to share her past experiences that were difficult or emotional for her. Very relatable.
Irene
Oct 07, 2007 Irene rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Her life that she portrays in this book resonances with my life. No matter what we are doing and our different background, people who walk in faith with Holy Spirit's guidance will always go through this phases in life.

It is very encouraging book and a lot of testimonies that are not hard to believe the truthfulness of her story!

Recommended to everyone, especially those who are have hard times to stand firm in trials.
Sandie
Apr 28, 2015 Sandie rated it it was amazing
If you complete one Bible study, choose this one.
Amy Flickinger
a wonderful Bible study to strengthen, to deepen, or even a place to start a walk with God
Kristin Humphreys
Jul 04, 2015 Kristin Humphreys rated it it was amazing
This book was the perfect read for my life right now. I saw the different phases in my journey through life and in faith.
Doris Herrmann
Jun 13, 2015 Doris Herrmann rated it it was amazing
God brought this book and the Proverbs 31 book study into my life as my mother was ending her struggle with cancer. The timing was amazing as I was facing burying her while also helping my father. I can't tell you what this book meant to me, and to my walk in faith.
Cindy
May 19, 2015 Cindy rated it it was amazing
awesome book. gave me perspective in my life just when I really needed it. I highly recommend
Sandy Schubert
Jan 01, 2013 Sandy Schubert rated it it was amazing
Amazing Book - using this in our women's small group in church. Lysa has an incredible way of sharing life experiences and tying them to God's truths in ways that women can relate to. I have been challenged and inspired by this book.
Leanne Storey
Jun 05, 2015 Leanne Storey rated it it was amazing
This book was very insightful and uplifting regarding our faith and how to REALLY WALK in it. If I took away one thing, it was that time with God, in his word, getting to know HIm better, is the only way to walk in faith.
  • The Mended Heart: God's Healing for Your Broken Places
  • Living So That: Making Faith-Filled Choices in the Midst of a Messy Life (InScribed)
  • Taming the To-Do List
  • 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit
  • The 7-Day Doubt Diet
  • Keep It Shut: What to Say, How to Say It, and When to Say Nothing at All
  • A Perfect Mess: Why You Don't Have to Worry About Being Good Enough for God
  • One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land
  • Limitless Life: You Are More Than Your Past When God Holds Your Future
  • You're Already Amazing: Embracing Who You Are, Becoming All God Created You to Be
  • Chasing God
  • Killing Jesus: The Hidden Drama Behind the World's Most Famous Execution
  • A Modern Girl's Guide to Bible Study: A Refreshingly Unique Look at God's Word
  • In Pursuit of Peace: 21 Ways to Conquer Anxiety, Fear, and Discontentment
  • The Gospel of Ruth: Loving God Enough to Break the Rules
  • David: Seeking a Heart Like His
  • Before Amen: The Power of a Simple Prayer
Lysa TerKeurst is a New York Times bestselling author of 18 books including The Best Yes, Unglued, and Made to Crave.

As president of Proverbs 31 Ministries, Lysa and her team connect with millions of women a day and can help equip you to:
• Make the Bible come alive whenever you read it.
• Discover how to develop inner peace and security in any situation.
• Replace doubt, regret and envy with truth,
More about Lysa TerKeurst...

“You can’t go on this grand adventure with God and keep your old way of thinking.” 2 likes
“Getting filled with Him first so I could love and give and serve out of an overflow rather than relying on my own strength.” 2 likes