Start by marking “The Cubist Epoch” as Want to Read:
The Cubist Epoch

The Cubist Epoch

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Cubism originated in Paris between 1906 and 19O8 and was the creation of Picasso and Braque, a Spaniard and a Frenchman. Within four years, however, the pictorial methods and technical innovations of these two young painters had been seized on by other artists in France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Czechoslovakia, Russia and England. Thus Cubism, the first fundamental reevalu...more
Published December 31st 1995 by Phaidon Press

To ask other readers questions about The Cubist Epoch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cubist Epoch

Pam
Nice plates.
This book is an accurate example of everything I hate about the field of Art History. It's hardly written in English, it's so dense. Art criticism is not rocket science, and shouldn't be as impenetrable. The book is all description with hardly any analysis- anyone with eyes doesn't need most of the words in the book. Ugh. At least the pictures are good.
That70sheidi
While this is a long book filled with many full names and full dates and tons of facts, just when I thought I couldn't take anymore and my mind started wandering some little "AH HA!" tidbit was revealed and I was pulled back into history. A good primer for those interested in Cubism, but I can honestly say I still just don't get it!
Kamee
I read this book for my National History Day project. It was very useful, but not something I would suggest to pick up if you're looking for a good read.
Kanza
Kanza marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Paul Sonnenberg
Paul Sonnenberg is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2014
Sandra
Sandra is currently reading it
Jun 17, 2014
Silvia
Silvia added it
Jan 30, 2014
Gloriavirtutisumbra
Gloriavirtutisumbra marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Justine Morrow
Justine Morrow marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Emaag
Emaag added it
Apr 30, 2011
Robin
Robin added it
Jul 28, 2010
Jeremy
Jeremy marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2010
Ruth
Ruth added it
Dec 09, 2009
Davidw
Davidw is currently reading it
Dec 29, 2008
Amnesia Toulouse-Lautrec (Masters of Art) Steel Shadows: Murals and Drawings of Pittsburgh Living God's love: being a source of refreshment in a dry world Delirium