Start by marking “The Pig of Happiness” as Want to Read:
The Pig of Happiness

The Pig of Happiness

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  184 ratings  ·  22 reviews

I knew Edward Monkton was going to be a success when people started e-mailing me daily saying that it touched their hearts, it made them think, and most important, it made them laugh out loud-again and again." --Giles Andreae

* In the tradition of Jonathan Livingston Seagull comes The Pig of Happiness-a philosophizing porcine fellow with a penchant for spreading good cheer.

Published March 1st 2007 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Pig of Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pig of Happiness

♪Bεε
May 08, 2012 ♪Bεε rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone grouchy or sad
Shelves: kiddos, books-i-love
BEST. BOOK. EVER!
Michelle
I received this book as a gift from someone that I contacted during a tough road to losing their spouse. She gave it to me right after my dad died suddenly to remind me to continue to "leak" happiness and find the "seaping" from others. Being the eternal optimist, it reminds me to spread encouragement, see the best in everything and everyone and make the most of what you have. Great read!!!
Caitlin England
I LOVE this book! If ever I'm feeling unhappy, this is what I read :)
Soplada
I love, love Edward Monkton Books :D
Steve Wales
Oct 01, 2011 Steve Wales rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who needs cheering up or just wants to smile!
Recommended to Steve by: Laura
"he is so happy"

I first read this, borrowed from my sister, at a time when I had been struggling with depression for over a decade. It made me happy and it made me smile - a fairly major occurrence then! Not exactly an instant cure, but in its own little way it helped.

It's short, it's sweet and it might make you smile. What more of a recommendation do you need?
Connie
A short, fun read. I love that the pictures are just drawings, like a coloring book. It allows me to color my own pictures and personalize it. It's the story of an ordinary pig who creates an extraordinary change for the better among the other animals he has contact with. Just thinking of this book makes me happy.
Kristy
So who cares if it's only 32 pages and it's stuff we all know already?? We still need to be reminded of these lessons, and this book is adorable in showing how happiness is contageous.
Ronald Boy
At first glance, this book is for children. However, once you read it, you will see it is a great book for adults as well. Everyone should read this book - it takes 3 mintues, why not?
Rhenda Strub
My oldest son, a doctoral candidate in chemistry, gave me this for Mother's Day. I read it when I'm blue. He and I share the same quirky sense of humor. He gets me.
Matt
A short story with a powerful moral.
As a teacher who's just read this, I guarantee this will be one of the first things I read to my new class in September.
*Christie*
My mom brought this book for Hailey. When I read it I thought, "ME TOO! I WANT TO BE THE PIG OF HAPPINESS TOO!" I loved this book!
Kate
I read this book to a friend, and let's face it, a group of people waiting in line at Barnes & Noble. It was hilarious and amazing!
Pis4Piglet
Stood and read this book to a friend in Barnes and Noble. It was a cute book. We both stood there laughing.
Kelly
I love this book, it's only a few pages long and great for kids with bad attitudes
Diana
A friend gave this adorable little book to me for Christmas. I loved it!
DeeAnn
Got this for Christmas and I should read it EVERY day!
Kristen
you should read this book.

four times, at least.
David
How to be happy in spite of your surroundings!
Nightshade
I laughed so hard I almost choked. In a good way.
Ellie
So FUNNY defiantly worth the read!!!
Cheri
A joyful little book on perspective.
Gheeta
always makes me smile!
Sarah added it
Oct 19, 2014
Helen
Helen added it
Oct 18, 2014
PumpkinPirate
PumpkinPirate marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
  • Blood Is Red
  • The Children's Illustrated Bible
  • Diana's Story
  • An Antic Disposition (Fools' Guild, #5)
  • The Day After and Other Stories
  • A Tree for Peter
  • Uncertain Heart (Seasons of Redemption, #2)
  • Death-in-a-Box
  • Serious Concerns
  • Adventures of the Little Wooden Horse
  • Oh, Whistle, and I'll Come to You, My Lad
  • C: Because Cowards Get Cancer Too
A Lovely Love Story The Penguin of Death The Lady and the Chocolate The Lady Who Was Beautiful Inside Love