Start by marking “Stinky Smelly Feet: A Love Story” as Want to Read:
Stinky Smelly Feet: A Love Story

Stinky Smelly Feet: A Love Story

Douglas is very smitten with Dolores. And Dolores is quite smitten with Douglas as well. They enjoy picnicking in the park, going to the beach, and watching movies together. But there's a problem: one of them has STINKY SMELLY FEET! The smell is enough to knock Dolores out, which can be a trifle embarrassing in public. Douglas tries everything to make his feet smell sweete ...more
Published May 11th 2004 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Stinky Smelly Feet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stinky Smelly Feet

Frank
May 18, 2009 Frank rated it it was amazing
Frank absolutely adored this story. He asked questions, he studied the drawings. He'll probably be sad when we take it back to the library.
Harrison
May 15, 2008 Harrison rated it it was amazing
I like this book because he had a stinky smelly feet and they thought that his socks that were making his feet smelly but it was his shoes.
Kelly Karsner Clarke
Dec 02, 2015 Kelly Karsner Clarke rated it liked it
Shelves: preschool
STINKY SMELLY FEET is a strange animal; the target audience is not clear. Based on concept - feet so stinky they clear movie theaters and kill fish - this is definitely a book for kids like my preschooler, who makes me "read" him this book almost daily.

Unfortunately I have to "read" and not read it out loud, because this book is too verbose to keep the attention of a smaller child (particularly one who'd want a picture book about bodily functions).

It makes us laugh and teaches about uncondition
Rebecca
May 09, 2015 Rebecca rated it really liked it
One of the funniest grade-school readalouds out there.
Julie
Mar 09, 2009 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is a hilarious story about two ducks who are dating but everytime he takes off his shoes, she passes out from the smell of his feet. He tries to clean them but it is no use. He is embarrassed but doesn't know what to do about it. Then one day, after he decided there was nothing he can do about it, they smelled an odor coming from the bedroom. They went to investigate and Dolores told Douglas that it is not his feet that stink, it is his closet of smelly shoes. The closet made them BOTH pass ...more
Teri
Oct 05, 2010 Teri rated it really liked it
Douglas is very smitten with Dolores. And Dolores isquite smitten with Douglas as well. They enjoy picnicking in the park, going to the beach, and watching movies together. But there's a problem: one of them has STINKY SMELLY FEET! The smell is enough to knock Dolores out, which can be a trifle embarrassing in public. Douglas tries everything to make his feet smell sweeter&150a bubble bath, perfume, and powder&150but nothing works. Will this mean the end of their beautiful friendship? Bu ...more
Jenny
Oct 08, 2015 Jenny rated it liked it
A very silly story...but I imagine many kids would find it quite humorous. My kids liked, but didn't love, it.
Mollie B
Aug 30, 2016 Mollie B rated it really liked it
I knew someone who had feet like Douglas. #PeeYew
Edda
Nov 19, 2015 Edda rated it really liked it
Funny and sweet. I love the illustrations.
Emyrose8
Jun 22, 2016 Emyrose8 rated it liked it
Cute! Illustrations and the love story.
Matthew
Apr 06, 2013 Matthew rated it really liked it
A love story for all those suffering through a life with smelly feet. My kind of book. And I'm not just saying that because I've been told that I have smelly feet on occasion. This was a very entertaining book and both the illustrations and the text were equally responsible. I liked it all. This might disgust some of the younger audience that her other books attract, but I liked it a lot.
The Brothers
Mar 04, 2016 The Brothers rated it really liked it
Shelves: ducks, love, stinky, shoes
Douglas and Dolores are two ducks who are quite smitten with each other. The only problem is Douglas has horrible stinky feet that knock everyone out every time he takes his shoes off. Lovely ending because although the stinky feet problem isn't completely resolved, it doesn't matter because they two ducks love each other.

Funny illustrations.
Shelli
Feb 05, 2012 Shelli rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
All we really need is love, right? Well maybe love can not win over the overpowering odor of stinky smelly feet that can clear a room and knock several off their feet with their pungent odor. What are two smitten ducks to do when this foot funk threatens to come between their love???
Hamster
The cover (and obviously the title) caught my attention and I brought this home from the library. It was pretty silly, but it made me smile and the art was cool.
Mrs. Brandt
Margie Palatini sure knows how to write stories that appeal to both kids and grownups! This one may be a 'love story' but don't let that dissuade you from reading it.
Ellen Brandt
Jojo
Sep 19, 2012 Jojo rated it really liked it
It was a lot of fun to share at school today in my class. The children enjoyed it and we did a lot of predicting with it.
Kristie
My kids LOVE this book! They make me read it to them all the time and they always get a good laugh out of it!
Marci
May 08, 2010 Marci rated it it was amazing
A fun book to read and a delightful "love story".
Laurel
Oct 13, 2015 Laurel rated it liked it
used for teaching setting, characters, & plot
Heather
Nov 07, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Hilarious!
Jennifer Barnhart
Jennifer Barnhart rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it did not like it
Aug 19, 2016
Leslie
Leslie rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016