I Luv Halloween, Volume 1

I Luv Halloween, Volume 1 (I Luv Halloween #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  362 ratings  ·  53 reviews
This time it's not just about the candy... Join the misadventures of a group of particularly disturbing trick-or-treaters as they go about their macabre business on Halloween night. Blaming the apples they got from the first house of the evening for the bad candy they've been receiving all night, the kids plot revenge on the old bag who handed out the funky fruit.Riotously...more
Published August 1st 2005 by TokyoPop (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about I Luv Halloween, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Luv Halloween, Volume 1

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri Hino
Best Manga/Anime Book Ever
452nd out of 858 books — 2,491 voters
The Walking Dead, Vol. 01 by Robert KirkmanLocke & Key, Vol. 1 by Joe HillHellboy, Vol. 1 by Mike MignolaFrom Hell by Alan MooreThe Sandman, Vol. 1 by Neil Gaiman
Best Horror Comics/Graphic Novels!
133rd out of 190 books — 114 voters

More lists with this book...

Greta is Erikasbuddy
The Plot:
It's Halloween and a group of boys are going out trick or treating.

The Even Deeper Plot:
Because their candy is sucking they decide to try to break that curse and do bad stuff to adults.

Holy snapple de bapples!!

How do I explain this book?

Think of every horror movie you've ever seen.
Now think of every horror movie cliquey
Now throw in some Ed, Edd, and Eddy type kids
Now take some acid....

THAT!! Is what this book is like..

ZOMG!

Ok... so while this book is hilarious and gory and full of 'wtf...more
Amelia
Roni
Nov 04, 2009 Roni rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommended to Roni by: DJ Bono
Shelves: book-swap
I didn't enjoy reading this manga since the dialogue between characters were mostly one-word/liner and moot. Guess the style and plot didn't appeal to me.
Mandy
too weird and creepy.
Tayah Phillips
I have given it 5 stars from personal experience. I was given this edition for Christmas a few years ago and I was shocked to find it in my possession because I really do not like horror whatsoever. I never would have bought this on my own, but because it was a gift I was willing to read it to see what it was all about. I'm glad I did. I still don't like horror, and a lot of the explicit illustrations in this book still make me shiver, but I fell in love with the art style, the design of the cha...more
Leonardo
Difícilmente podría decir que "Yo <3 Halloween" se encuentre entre los comics y novelas gráficas que más me hayan divertido o resultado interesantes recientemente. Lo cual no significa que sea malo o que sus autores no tengan la menor idea de cómo hacer un buen comic: y vaya que tiene un buen dominio del uso de paneles, del uso de tonos de gris (éste es un comic en blanco y negro) y un equilibrio justo entre texto e imágenes. Incluso, el desarrollo de ciertos personajes es interesante y algun...more
Well... it was very reminiscent of Nny the homicidal maniac and Squee and Invader Zim. Completely over the top cutesy and gorey. Full of dark humor, violence, sexual innuendos, gore, zombies, aliens, children as main characters, all on Halloween. I think I would have enjoyed this much more if I read it in high school, it has that kind of trying-too-hard-to-be-crazy feel to it. Fans of those other comics will probably like it, along with goth kids, or kids who like thinking they are a little bit...more
Robert
The title says it all for this one, Twisted Edition. And that really fits! This is one sick and truly messed up story that just keeps on running as it follows a group of kids as they trick or treat there way through various Halloween messes. From what I gathered this story was originally done in black and white and then colorized for this edition. If you are going to take the demented trip with these kids it really should be done in color. Yes there are some things that might have been easier to...more
Ed Dexter
The gang is all here and reliving their Halloween misadventures in full color!

Even though I own the original 3 B&W volumes I had to get this when it came out. Not only do you get the stories in color but the pages are larger than manga-sized and it's hardcover. Even without the 10 page bonus story it's worth a double dip.

I highly recommend this collection for those that really do love Halloween. It captures the things that, to me, make Halloween (the ritual of trick or treating, dressing up...more
harlequin {Stephanie}
This is really, really not for kids or even adults at times. It had a lot more gore than I was expecting. Which wouldn't bother me if it were a book about child serial killers. Looks at the cover... hmmmm...

Didn't find the dialogue engaging or funny. The antics were so very over the top to cause brain itching & the breast obsession, well... it is what it is.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the creator is a fan of Stephen King. I kept recalling pet sematary, on the other hand maybe it wa...more
esterb
A totally dis­turb­ing, but hilar­i­ous story about a group of chil­dren going trick-or-treating with Halloween.

The leg­end goes that what sort of candy you get at the first house pre­dict what the loot will be for the rest of the night. And it so hap­pens Finch and his bud­dies get apples from the old lady who lives at the first house. Not a good omen and the granny will pay for this!

Be amazed about the plan the ter­ri­ble and ter­ri­fy­ing bunch comes up with and have fun read­ing how it acts...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
The art style reminds me of Invader Zim. This was a dark, twisted, creepy, sick and just very random book.
Eden
For a group of friends, Halloween is about one thing: Candy. And if they don't get the treats they want, they play tricks on people.

The reason I read this is because I love Halloween and I read anything that has to do with Halloween. But with this graphic novel series, I won't be reading the rest of it. I just didn't like it. Didn't like the story or characters and I'm actually very disappointed. I've been wanting to read this for a while and it ended up being a very disappointing read.
Rosa
It left me wondering a lot, and with questions. Just wish it had a better story.
Sam K.
This book has me in a weird place... First I have t give it high marks for creativity, artistic style, and blatant shock value as well. I went into this thinking it would be somewhat cute: boy was I proven wrong and only in 2 pages. For those who like Halloween and furthermore have a strong stomach I recommend it for those people. For those who don't, just go read Fruits Basket.
Sue
after i saw that a 7th grader checked this out i decided i should read it since the back cover said 16+. yeah - it should be 16+ it is totally inappropriate for most students. i wasted my time and read all three that we have - they are all rude, crude and disgusting. very inappropriate and will not recommend them. the art was even confusing and difficult to understand.
Noah Easterly
Decent. The art was varied, with the children's character designs being much more interesting than the adults'. Plot wise, there's a hint that something is going on, but what, you never really discover. Each story seems to be just a night long wander through town, an adventure of uncertain content and duration.
Nina
I read this on a friend's recommendation. The artwork is good, and the grotesque style is well-suited for the content (amplified by the fact that this is a full-colour edition)... It's darkly funny, but it's definitely a tad perverse for my tastes.
Rachel
I can't say what it is exactly about this series that I like. It's kind of gruesome and disturbing, and I don't know that I wholly understand what the heck is going on, but I still love it. I love the characters, the artwork and Halloween in general.
Jon
I couldn't stop reading this. Completely...completely disgusting. Horribly sick. I probably shouldn't have been laughing so much. Does that mean I'm sick.....I think so. As the stories progress they get increasingly and increasingly outlandish.
Jeremy Stephens
I usually don't like manga but this freakishly weird book speaks to that part of which embraces the bizarre. I can think of fewer things more darkly humorous than this story of the misadventures of a group of young sociopaths on Halloween.
Jen Paull
Surprisingly sick and twisted for a comic. In places this and the other two books in the series are genuinely disturbing (the psycho little sister in it for one!)...and yet I really wish there were more volumes to the series.
Jeremy
If you like Invader Zim, South Park, or other over the top gross out animated series and also enjoy Halloween I would recommend this book. If you're offended easily I would stay far away.
Kayla
Apr 05, 2010 Kayla rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
A cute little Tokyopop manga. I liked the characters well enough and the story was unique enough. It was not the usual kind of manga that I like to read but it wasn't the worst I've read.
Emily
oooohh i love halloween too! this book is so creepy and strange and a little gros, i just loved it, or should i say luved it. i am so glad there are more in this series
Stephanie Trinity
Repulsive and disgusting. For the love of Halloween, should you ever see this book in front of you, back away slowly and wash your hands if you touched it. Blecch.
Joshua Mcdonald
rather fun but gross.
Sam Chavez
A twisted good read! Reminded me a bit of the fantastic work of Jhonen Vasquez...Saying that you know its good!
Katie
Just not my cup of tea. Didn't dig the art all that much and found the story to be a fail.
Jaynera
This is an awesome comic, I just loved it... I'd like to get the next book in the series...
  • Vampire Doll: Guilt-na-Zan, Vol. 1
  • My Dead Girlfriend: Volume 1 "A Tryst of Fate"
  • Dororo, Vol. 2
  • My Heavenly Hockey Club, Volume 2
  • Inuyasha, Volume 2 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • Everything Can Be Beaten
  • Ghost in the Shell 1.5: Human-error Processor
  • Bizenghast Volume 2
  • 1140 Rue Royale (Nightmares & Fairy Tales, #3)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 7
  • Gokusen 1
  • Cirque Du Freak: Vampire Mountain, Vol. 4 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #4)
  • The Hidden
  • The Bell Witch: An American Haunting
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service 1 (The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, #1)
  • Samurai Champloo, Volume 1
  • Tsubasa: Those with Wings, Volume 1
  • Special A, Vol. 16 (Special A, #16)
Keith Ian Giffen is an American comic book illustrator and writer. He is possibly best-known for his long runs illustrating, and later writing the Legion of Super-Heroes title in the 1980s and 1990s. He also created the alien mercenary character Lobo (with Roger Slifer), and the irreverent "want-to-be" hero, Ambush Bug. Giffen is known for having an unorthodox writing style, often using characters...more
More about Keith Giffen...
Justice League International, Vol. 1 Annihilation, Book One Annihilation, Book Three Blue Beetle, Volume 1: Shellshocked Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn