Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (Underworld #4)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  197 ratings  ·  12 reviews

The official movie novelization of the latest film in the blockbuster action/horror movie series, Underworld—coming to theaters in January 2009 from Sony Pictures!

Centuries ago...two ageless and terrifying races—the aristocratic vampires and the feral lycans—are bound by a cruel, ancestral relationship between master and servant, and eternally separated by the ongoing, v

Published December 30th 2008 by Pocket Star (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Underworld, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Underworld

Kelly
I really liked this one. I think the Mr. Cox was wise in having the books in this particular order. I enjoyed reading the story of Selene and then finding out how Lucian overthrew the vampires before Selene became an immortal. Very nice.
Dylan
The third book that covers the trilogy tells the story of the beginning of the war, and how the battles between the werewolves known as Lycans and the vampires known as Death Dealers came into being. This book is a novelization of the film, written by Greg Cox who has written the other books. It follws the film, and as such is a good read because this franchise of horror films are very good indeed.

The story tells of Lucian, the first werewolf able to transform between his human shape and that of...more
Shiro
The most fastest book I have ever read in my entire life. My sister got it for me from the library and as I have seen the film I thought why not read it and see it is in some way different from the movie. It actually was but only ever so slightly. Took me three days to read this book, at first i read a few chapters but then when I got into the story I was completely dwelled in the story and could imagine everything...I felt like I was taken out of reality for the entire time when I was reading....more
Tara Chevrestt
I seen the movie and could not figure out what the heck was going on so I got this book. Great "cliff notes"! It is actually a lot more detailed and explanatory than the movie. I highly recommend you read the book before you see the movie. Cox does an excellent job of bringing the screen to life and adds enough character detail and background that you get to know the characters more intimately. The story itself, (sorry Underworld fans) is kind of lame. I found it a bit eye rolling that Lucian (A...more
Ruth
c2009. A penny horrible of the spec fic genre. I read this straight after a heavywieght of a spec fic novel of Malazan and this was balm for the brain. A novelisation of a film (that I have never seen), I finished it in a couple of hours. Nothing to really rave about other than an interesting take on the vampires/werewolves back story. "Lucien paced restlessly in the courtyard. His eyes probed the fog beyond the gate for any sign of Sonja's return."
Kelly
Edit 1: I went out in search of a simple, quick read before my next semester of classes started, and when I saw the book. I couldn't resist. I love the Underworld movies.

I like the movie trilogy and will occasionally pick up move tie-ins to read.
Nicole Spezzaferri
It was actually well done! The author gets into the mind of each character very well! Now, I have a clear understanding of what was going on in the movie! Highly recommend it!
Sonja
Jan 27, 2009 Sonja marked it as to-read
ok, I just saw the movie and totally loved it, so have to add this to my list. good reviews on here.
Ellen
Amazing...just...wow! Battles, maidens and Vampires? Ah I'm fangirling loving it!
Kat
This book is like reading the movie. Recommended for all Underworld lovers.
Brittany Johnson
own the movie! AWESOME!
Angel
Feb 26, 2009 Angel marked it as to-read
Read this book
Sailesh Ray
Sailesh Ray marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Zoé-lee O'farrell marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Nettie Opperman
Nettie Opperman marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Yolandi
Yolandi marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Hannah Isabela
Hannah Isabela marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Naziya
Naziya marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Jenni T
Jenni T marked it as to-read
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Margie Mitchell
Margie Mitchell is currently reading it
Pamela
  • Van Helsing
  • The Day After Tomorrow
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Ever After: A Cinderella Story
  • The Vampire Viscount (Signet Regency Romance)
  • Ladyhawke
  • Skarlet (The Vampire Trinity, #1)
  • The Mummy
  • The Last Starfighter
  • Original Sins (The Lost Slayer, #4)
  • Blood Bank (Vicki Nelson #6)
  • A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
  • Under the Blood Red Moon
  • The Vampire Archives
  • Cameron's Law (Adelheid, #1)
  • Doomsday Deck (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #8)
Underworld (Underworld, #1) Q-Space (Star Trek: The Next Generation #47; The Q Continuum, #1) The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh (Star Trek: The Eugenics Wars, #1) The Dark Knight Rises: The Official Novelization Q-Zone (Star Trek: The Next Generation #48; The Q Continuum, #2)