Start by marking “Cleopatra and Her ASP” as Want to Read:
Cleopatra and Her ASP

Cleopatra and Her ASP (Horribly Famous)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  15 reviews
You've probably heard of Cleopatra. She's dead famous for: having a fling with Julius Caesar, and Mark Antony; getting carried away with her eyeliner, and having a nasty accident with an asp. But did you know that Cleo married, both her brothers, was dead brainy and spoke nine languages, and had her little sister killed?
Published March 17th 2000 by Hoppo/Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Cleopatra and Her ASP, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cleopatra and Her ASP

Shweta
I love reading historical fiction but this was the first time I tried graphical take on history. Cleopatra And Her Asp is one of the books in Dead Famous Series and I mean it has people who are DEAD FAMOUS !! It's hilarious at the same time being informative. Though at a few places some creative liberties have been taken to speculate about what isn't exactly known. I guess it makes this book a semi non fiction ( is that a genre? ). I choose to call it so. The botton line is -It's a fun read!

Cleo
Moondust
"You've probably heard of Cleopatra....
She is dead famous for:
Having a fling with Julius Caesar and Mark Antony
Getting Carried away with her eyeliner
Having a nasty accident with an asp
But have you heard that Cleo:
married both her brothers
was dead brainy and spoke nine languages
had her little sister killed
Yes, even though she's dead, Cleopatra's full of surprises. Now you can get the inside story with Cleo's secret diary, find out what the Romans thought in the Centurion and discover wh
Namratha
History has never been this much fun! The Dead-Famous series is Dead-Funny and a totally enjoyable trip.

Cleopatra and Her Asp takes you down The Nile, without an oar but armed with enough facts, gossip and tales of sauciness to put any of the modern-day soap operas to shame. The life of the Queen-who-bathed-in-ass's-milk is succinctly put together in a collection of ‘secret’diary entries, newspaper (or tablet) scoops and whinging letters that travelled back and forth between the Egyptians and Th
Tove Lervik
Dette er en biografi skrevet for barn/tenåringer. Forfatteren har gjort noen justeringer for å gjøre det mer forståelig for dagens ungdom, men er tro mot historiske hendelser. Boka er spekket med humoristiske illustrasjoner og tegneseriestriper. Vil du ha en liten repetisjon om Egypts udødelige dronning, og to av Romerrikets mektigste herskere, dette er boken du skal lese!
Cleopatraselene2
This book was horrible! It was so inaccurate. First, Cleopatra didn't even die by an asp. It is not possible under the circumstances. The scientists now conclude that she was murdered by Octavian, the captor of Egypt. Second, she didn't marry her brothers willingly, she was forced to by her dad. They weren't married for long because one kicked her off the throne into the Sahara to raise an army, and the other drowned in the Nile while running from the angry Romans that wanted to kill him. She d ...more
Rojeena Maharjan
Gica
Segundo presente para o meu sobrinho de 8 anos. O cinema, claro, vendeu uma Cleopatra linda, de olhos claros, enquanto a verdadeira era baixinha, gorda e nariguda, mas sua beleza reinou na sua inteligência e astúcia.
Catarina
Adoro estes livros dos "Finados Famosos", aliás, adoro toda esta colecção das "História Horrível". Numa maneira divertida e leve acabam por contar factos históricos que são muito fáceis de decorrar e ajudam uma pessoa a fazer um brilharete.
Tenho vários volumes desta colecção, maioritariamente sobre civilizações, e até hoje nunca me desapontaram. Recomendo vivamente a quem gosta de coisas divertidas e de saber factos interessantes da nossa história.
Ginag
First taste of historical fiction I had up there with the horrible histories much recommended :)
Iulia Lia

When I got this book as a present I was really excited about it. History has never been so much fun. The author's style of writing made the story seem so real. I really loved the funny facts found throughout the book. I'm looking forward to reading another book from the "Dead Famous" collection.
Slow Man
This book has never a dull moment. And the illustrations and dialogues are hilarious.
A fantastic introductory series of historical giants.
Aly is so frigging bored
I knew most of the stuff I read here, but the illustration and the way it was written makes it so much fun to read!
Catie Oak
Interesting and hilarious! Cleopatra's journal was the best haha.
killerfury
it all about countries and history.(i like history)
Adam Frior
Adam Frior marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Ethi
Ethi marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Alice
Alice added it
Jun 06, 2015
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Lilith Izanami
Lilith Izanami marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Suzy Loftus
Suzy Loftus marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Thejaswini Chandran
Thejaswini Chandran marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Vijay Kumar
Vijay Kumar marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Leonardo Da Vinci And His Super-Brain (Dead Famous)
  • Isaac Newton and His Apple
  • William Shakespeare and His Dramatic Acts
  • Al Capone and His Gang
  • The Incredible Incas
  • Einstein and His Inflatable Universe
  • Fantasy Stories

Horribly Famous (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Einstein and His Inflatable Universe
  • Alexander the Great and His Claim to Fame
  • Oliver Cromwell and His Warts
  • Leonardo Da Vinci And His Super-Brain (Dead Famous)
  • Darwin And Other Seriously Super Scientists (Horribly Famous)
  • Elizabeth I And Her Conquests (Dead Famous S.)
  • Elizabeth I And Her Terrible Temper (Horribly Famous)
  • Henry the VIII and His Chopping Block
  • Henry VIII And His Wicked Wives (Horribly Famous)
  • Inventors And Their Bright Ideas
Mary Queen Of Scots And Her Hopeless Husbands Elizabeth I And Her Conquests (Dead Famous S.) Elizabeth I And Her Terrible Temper (Horribly Famous) Top Ten Arthurian Legends Rivals for the Crown (Double Take)