Start by marking “S Is for Save the Planet: A How-To-Be Green Alphabet” as Want to Read:
S Is for Save the Planet: A How-To-Be Green Alphabet

S Is for Save the Planet: A How-To-Be Green Alphabet

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  15 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews

S is for Save the Planet: A How-To-Be Green

Did you know Americans generate nearly 250 million tons of trash each year? Or that it takes hundreds of years for a polystyrene cup to decompose? Mankind’s negative impact on Mother Earth is tremendous and daily bad news can make it feel overwhelming.

But all is not lost! S is for Save the Planet: A How-to-Be-Green Alphabet deta

Published February 19th 2009 by Sleeping Bear Press (first published February 2009)

To ask other readers questions about S Is for Save the Planet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about S Is for Save the Planet

Lisa Vegan
Aug 12, 2010 Lisa Vegan rated it liked it
Recommends it for: nobody really
Recommended to Lisa by: Jo
This is another lovely alphabet book from Sleeping Bear Press. There is some good information in here. I like that the humans depicted are multi-cultural. The illustrations are good. I like that the actions are ones kids can do and are encouraged to do.

However, I cannot give this book more than 3 stars, and that’s generous on my part, and reflects the contents that are there, because there is not a single mention of plant based diets. I’m not even talking about mentioning veganism specifically;
Heather
my 5 yo son just loved this book! He is big on saving our planet as it is & this really inspired him to think of ways that he can make a difference. We had major lengthy discussions on every page / topic of this book on what we do, what we could do, how things impact our world, carbon footprints, why others do or don't do things, etc. Big ideas with even huger impacts here. Granted our kids are already so "green" growing up in these modern times especially in a "green" area like Seattle with ...more
Alisa Rootsaert
I really enjoyed this book. It not only teaches kids their alphabet, but it also encourages a sense of awareness for our younger generation about going green. Its not as direct or heavy as some other environmental reads, but it 'kills two birds with one stone'. One, it teaches kids their alphabet which is important. Two, the environmental need to take care of our world is being addressed. I thought this piece of literature was a creative way to educate kids about what is going on today and also ...more
Rukia Rogers
This book takes readers on a journey through the alphabet, with stops on the way to how he or she can help save the planet. The story and message are meaningful and could be used in a number of ways,to support young children's understanding of the natural world and our impact on it. The illustrations are detailed and amazing.
Aimee
May 01, 2009 Aimee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Yeah, okay it's my book, but I think it's pretty great. An easy breezy book for the whole family about greening your world. Small, easy, everyday steps.
Sarah rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Taylor Baker-Gower
Taylor Baker-Gower rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Mike
Mike added it
Mar 16, 2016
Sierra
Sierra added it
Mar 06, 2016
Cara Rieckenberg
Cara Rieckenberg rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Nav
Nav rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Canadian Reader
Canadian Reader marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Alena Peterson
Alena Peterson marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Tracy
Tracy rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2015
Samantha Severns
Samantha Severns marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Andrew Osipa
Andrew Osipa marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Guen
Guen rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Rachel Formsma
Rachel Formsma rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2013
Tif
Tif added it
Feb 23, 2013
Michael
Michael is currently reading it
Feb 03, 2013
Rachel Dallaire
Rachel Dallaire rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2013
Maya
Maya rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2013
Mel Clark
Mel Clark marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2012
197991
Brad Herzog is the author of more than three-dozen books for readers of all ages. His children's books include the beautifully-illustrated picture book FRANCIS AND EDDIE (Why Not Books, 2013) and the five-book COUNT ON ME: SPORTS series (Free Spirit Publishing, 2014). His many alphabet picture books for Sleeping Bear Press include H IS FOR HOME RUN and S IS FOR SAVE THE PLANET, which was a finalis ...more
More about Brad Herzog...