Start by marking “Your Best Year Yet!: Ten Questions for Making the Next Twelve Months Your Most Successful Ever” as Want to Read:

AWAKEN YOUR "CAN DO!" ATTITUDE

Within every successful person is an ordinary person who found the courage, heart, and discipline to act...to face the big challenges and make dreams come true. The life you want is yours for the taking. This unique, bestselling guide from a successful corporate coach shows you how.

Jinny Ditzler has helped thousands of men and women achieve ne
Published January 1st 2000 by Grand Central Publishing (first published November 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Your Best Year Yet!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Best Year Yet!

Andrea James
Nov 21, 2016 Andrea James rated it really liked it
As the painful year of 2016 nears its end and I'm feeling physically (almost) well again, I wanted a boost to propel me to the end of the year and keep me flying (I'll be happy with hurtling) along in 2017.

I would normally have avoided such a cheesily titled book but a number of people mentioned that it was helpful and in my flailing desire for some help, I ordered late one night from Amazon. The content was somewhat better than I had expected and I thought the book had decent practical exercise
Ronald Roy
May 23, 2014 Ronald Roy rated it it was amazing
The metaphor on page 10 sums up the intent of this book nicely: "while we wouldn't think of getting in a car and not knowing where we were going ... we gradually become passengers in our own lives. Years go by and we never get out of the car to see how it's doing or where it's going. We simply sit in the backseat preoccupied by our busy, busy lives, which are moving too fast to allow time to stop the car, take stock, consider alternate routes, or set goals to change direction -- in short, to get ...more
Nancy Freund
I might be the wrong reader for this one. I got through the first step, listing your accomplishments and stuff you're proud of, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, from the previous year, and I'd filled a legal pad. I turned the page in 'Your Best Year Yet' and learned that people have trouble remembering three or four things for that list of what makes them proud (and it should be empowering to do so, therefore a great encouragement to start the bigger project). I took a look at my ...more
Cath Duncan
Dec 01, 2009 Cath Duncan rated it it was amazing
This is a great read, especially for Dec/ Jan, when it's an excellent time of the year to review your year and set your intention and direction for the new year.

I particularly liked Jinny's style of asking 10 questions, rather than telling you what you "should" set as goals for the new year. They're simple, but powerful questions. And they're the right kind of smart questions that open up your thinking and help with problem-solving.

A highly recommended read - simple, straight to the point, low o
Libbeth
Oct 19, 2008 Libbeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2006, mind-and-body
I have "done" this book a couple of times and, although I have never finished a full year of working on my goals in the YBYY way, I have found that some goals work their way into my lifestyle and sometimes just "seem to happen" later. Having said that, I follow a different goal setting system now. I found having ten goals to work on in one way, stressful and in another way, limiting. It was as if, by focussing on the written YBYY goals, other things in my life weren't as important; and if I didn ...more
Colleen Wainwright
Dec 23, 2011 Colleen Wainwright rated it it was amazing
Bar none, the best tool I've found for unearthing goals and mapping out plans to turn them into reality. I used it to help me commit to doing my 50-for-50 project this year; I've used it to do everything from successfully increasing my book reading (78 in 2010, 80 in 2011) to ditching spent relationships. A warning: it takes far, far longer than her suggested 3-4 hours to read through and do the exercises. Like, 2 weeks longer.

But the program itself is sound. She and her husband developed it th
Elena
This is a great little book! I used it for first time few years ago, and was really impressed with the results. Well, of course, it won't work out of nothing. I mean, if you really want to see good results, you need to do the workshop, make your own plan, then work on weekly, montly, etc. plans.

The book is priceless at giving well structured information on how to build your own year plan by answering few simple questions. It helps you concentrate more on the result you want to achieve at the end
Maria Raynal
Jul 29, 2008 Maria Raynal rated it liked it
Indeed, as my friend Ruth notes, this echoes the work of Stephen Covey and Norman Vincent Peale. Good stuff, but available elsewhere.

Yet, I like the author's straightforward style...none of Covey's shopworn corporatespeak, and more action-oriented than Peale, who tends to fall into the think-it-and-it-will-come camp.

This book pulls it all together into an easy-to-follow plan and I don't need the $150 leatherette, three-ring agenda to make it happen. This I can appreciate.

Patty
Jan 22, 2010 Patty rated it it was amazing
What I love about this book is that it's not just about setting goals -- it encourages us to set goals according to our personal values, so that when we hit the rugged spots on the way to our goal (which is inevitable), we know why the heck we're doing this! Since I sometimes have trouble remembering the big picture, this book gave me exactly what I needed.
Cheri
Oct 30, 2015 Cheri rated it really liked it
Shelves: life-skills
A friend said this program changed her life and she has used it for quite a few years now. It will be a while before I can evaluate it, but I found the plan well thought out. I like the idea of aligning goals with personal values and the strategies for implementation sound promising.
Ruba AlTurki

أفضل سنة في عمرك الآن ، أنصح بالكتاب باللغة الإنجليزية لأن الترجمة سيئة لدرجة لاتوصف !
ترجمة قوقل ستحصل على المرتبة الأولى مقارنة بالترجمة الموجودة .
حاولت قراءة الكتاب سابقًا وتوقفت ظنًا ان المحتوى ممل لكن الآن تأكدت انه خطأ الترجمة .

بخلاف ذلك ، التجربة كانت -ولازالت- مسليّة ومفيدة جداً .
يحتوي الكتاب على عشرة أسئلة لكل سؤال فصل قصير يشرح كيفية الإجابة عنه وكيف نحقق الإستفادة من الاجابة فالموضوع ليس جلداً للذات فقط ، نريد أن نحقق الفائدة حتى وإن كانت من ذكر العيوب والمساوئ .
بالنسبة للاسئلة فهي كال
S SN
Feb 04, 2017 S SN rated it it was amazing
Best goal setting book ever for me. Her 10 questions can really lead you down the rabbit hole and it is no joke when you are advise close yourself off in a room by yourself so that you truly can reflect and acknowledge the you at that time. It can keep you focused and believe it or not even if you are not religiously sticking to the suggestions of how to manage your goals you will find you still achieved them in some small way. The book frankly saved me and my family. I read it at the right time ...more
Jeremiah Stover
This book provides the best structured foundation to goal setting for a general audience of any title I have encountered. It gradually builds a series of slightly related questions into a framework that is then progressively built into an actionable list of goals. The end result is a single page (often just 18 lines of written text) that define the top goals and priorities for the coming year. Despite the books claim that the process can be completed in a mere 3 hours, the first time through can ...more
Becky
Feb 06, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The process that Ditzler designed and uses is excellent. It is very similar to others I have seen and used, but with a few twists that make you think about goals that are aligned with your motivation and helps you to focus on what are the most important things for you to do to meet goals.

I went through the process for this year, and plan to use it for my team and coaching clients in the future.
Jeff Lampson
A conversation with a colleague reminded me that it is time to either purchase or dig this book back out. It's a great annual process to harvest what this year taught us and prepare for the New Year in a focused and deliberate way.

I've used this book and method each January over the past 10+ years. It provides an integrated and whole life approach to creating clear focus areas and goals for the year. It works if YOU work it!
Ruth
Jul 29, 2008 Ruth rated it it was ok
This book borrows VERY heavily from Steven Covey and Norman Vincent Peale. VERY. especially in terms of being positive (be proactive) and different spheres of your life and how you have different roles in life and to make goals that relate to your specific roles.. I found nothing new here that I hadn't read before; which is not to say its not a useful book, but definitely for me, a re-hash of stuff I've already read.
Stephen Hanrahan
Dec 19, 2012 Stephen Hanrahan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did this half hartedly last year and didnt get great results. this time I put in gthe effort read it cover to cocver and did a good long workshop session and figured out what I want.
I now have 10 goals I am excited about. and a plan to dramatically. improve my life. not taht my life is bad. teh good outweighs the bad but the few really bad things in my life I can now see being resolved.

whether I reach my goals remains to be seen though
Katie
Jun 14, 2009 Katie rated it it was amazing
In addition to using the features in this book personally, each of our three children have completed the exercises in this book AND recommended it to their friends. This book is the BEST book in helping you identify, set and MAKE realistic annual goals in a step-by-step method. I read it every year.
Michaela Kügelgen
Jul 28, 2016 Michaela Kügelgen rated it really liked it
En bra handbok som hjälper en att fundera på målsättningar i ens eget liv. Vissa frågor kändes kanske en aning tradiga (sammanlagt 10 frågor en ska svara på), men det fanns mycket i boken som satte hjärnan i gång. Rekommenderar för alla som vill ta ett fastare grepp om sitt liv och sluta "flyta omkring". Rekommenderar inte för folk som tycker det här låter som tjafs, hehe!
Claire
Dec 27, 2008 Claire rated it really liked it
I actually did this as a class, and haven't read the book. However, the class was so amazing and clarifying, that I think the book must be even more empowering and I'm not normally a self-helpy person. It is incredibly uplifting to distill your definition of success into simple tasks that you can actually do! Every day! It really makes everything feel much less daunting.
Stirling Gardner
This is a terrific book I go through at the beginning of every year. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Helps you focus on what you value and getting your life prioritized in a way that makes you happy.
Marie-Lise Theys
May 10, 2015 Marie-Lise Theys rated it really liked it
Great for goals settings and a review of your achievements over the last year
أ. خلود الغفري
الكتاب رائع وودت ان اقرأه بلغته الاصلية لان ترجمته تعيسة جدا
لا انصح بقراءة النسخة المترجمة ابدا
Kathy Skaggs
Jan 17, 2010 Kathy Skaggs rated it it was amazing
I used this book to create my plan for this year. Of course, we'll have to wait until next year to see how it worked, but I really believe this is going to be my best year yet!
Saleem Najjar
Apr 28, 2013 Saleem Najjar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
تجربة عملية جديدة لتعيش السنة القادمة من حياتك بطريقة مميزة
Vahid
Mar 03, 2012 Vahid rated it really liked it
A recommendation from Colleen. Check back with me in a year for a full-review. Putting this one to the test.
Tara
Feb 19, 2013 Tara marked it as to-read
The title's a bit over the top, but I'm a fan of asking good questions (I do it professionally!) so I'd like to read it.
Diane Patterson
Jan 16, 2015 Diane Patterson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspiration
I've used this book many years running to organize my thoughts for the coming year. I found it to be very useful.
Cyraa
May 05, 2010 Cyraa rated it it was amazing
I just tell you about this book...I read in 2002, it’s totally changed my routine life. Really amazing ....I can’t forget my whole life that person who gave me that book….. never ever.... Cyraa.
Cortney
Jun 13, 2009 Cortney rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-improvement
I found this book very helpful with making goals. It explains the how and why you should make them. Excellent for anyone that wants to be successful with their entire life, not just their career.
  • Roadtrip Nation: A Guide to Discovering Your Path in Life
  • Your Next Move: The Leader's Guide to Navigating Major Career Transitions
  • Visual Journaling: Going Deeper than Words
  • Now What? 90 Days to a New Life Direction
  • The E-Myth Contractor: Why Most Contractors' Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
  • They Don't Teach Corporate in College: A Twenty-Something's Guide to the Business World
  • Always Hit On The Wingman...and 9 Other Secret Rules for Getting the Love Life You Want
  • Never Check E-Mail In the Morning: And Other Unexpected Strategies for Making Your Work Life Work
  • How to Make Money with Social Media: An Insider's Guide on Using New and Emerging Media to Grow Your Business
  • Lifehacker: 88 Tech Tricks to Turbocharge Your Day
  • The Ultimate Guide to Network Marketing
  • Why You're Not Married . . . Yet: The Straight Talk You Need to Get the Relationship You Deserve
  • Web Copy That Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time
  • Women's Reality: An Emerging Female System in a White Male Society