Start by marking “One Day at a Time in Al-Anon” as Want to Read:

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  675 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Al-Anon Family Group 1989
Library Binding, Large Print, 378 pages
Published September 28th 1991 by Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc. (first published January 1st 1972)

To ask other readers questions about One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Day at a Time in Al-Anon

Cheryl Meares
I will always be reading this book.
Altho it's been 30 years since I read this book it has helped me get thru many life problems. I was a "Lone Member" when I first read it. And, altho my alcoholic & I have since divorced, I find myself following the wisdom in my everyday life. I do have a friend who is an alcoholic, but in denial, & I am thankful that I can follow the Al-Anon principles. I no longer have my copy & have been thinking of getting another one as I am certain there are things I've forgotten.

I would sugges
Becky Richards
slightly dated language but lots of solid wisdom here
I will always be reading this book for the rest of my life, but the daily medotations are such good lessons.
Great daily reader for anyone who has an alcoholic family member, friend or co-worker.
This book gave me practical ways to stop being co-dependent.
Nov 05, 2007 Stephy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a drunk
This is How Al-Anon Works. it works if you read it and follow it!
It teaches me how to mind my business!!!!
Powerful words to learn to live by.
Claudia Farmer
Iv had this book sense 1998 it's been a saving Grace tool God has used threw the years .a lady bought it for me .I want to thank her it's amazing
A wonderful necessary book for everyone that has ever lived with or known an alcoholic!
Patricia Atkinson
this book is a day by day inspiration of quitting drinking to help you.
I was given this book by a friend who has been in Al-Anon for many years and thought it might be helpful for me at this point in my life. I find it spiritually uplifting to know that living in the present moment makes life easier and less stressful.
Mecia Crutcher
This book has been in my library & read for 30 years!! Own more than one copy! Helps understand the disease of alcoholism & effects on family and suggests ways to change yourself & understand the disease!!
Rae Gee
This book has helped me, and continues to help me, through so much darkness. It will always have a place on my shelves. :)
I tried to read through this whole year but couldn't handle it. It was way to biblical for my taste.
Also great to read for dealing with difficult people. Has a short daily reading plan.
Feb 18, 2009 Tamara rated it 5 of 5 stars
I'm always reading this book. Thsi is a daily reader & it is awesome!!!!
Thomas Henderson
Life saver, nuff said.
Cheryl D
Jan 12, 2009 Cheryl D is currently reading it
I read this every day.
Daily readings - very helpful
Melissa Yacuzzo
Melissa Yacuzzo marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
  • Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions
  • Beyond Codependency: And Getting Better All the Time
  • Living Sober
  • It Will Never Happen to Me!
  • Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women
  • Adult Children of Alcoholics
  • Narcotics Anonymous
  • The 12-Step Buddhist: Enhance Recovery from Any Addiction
  • Living on the Ragged Edge: Finding Joy in a World Gone Mad
  • Struggle for Intimacy
  • Facing Codependence: What It Is, Where It Comes from, How It Sabotages Our Lives
  • God Calling
  • Adult Children: The Secrets of Dysfunctional Families
  • Believing In Myself: Daily Meditations for Healing and Building Self-Esteem
  • Holy Sex!: A Catholic Guide to Toe-Curling, Mind-Blowing, Infallible Loving
Alateen, part of the Al-Anon Family groups is a fellowship of young people whose lives have been affected by alcoholism in a family member or close friend...
More about Al-Anon Family Group...