Start by marking “De Doemspreuk Trilogie” as Want to Read:
De Doemspreuk Trilogie

De Doemspreuk Trilogie (Doomspell #1-3)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  330 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Trilogie waarvan de beide eerste delen eerder werden uitgegeven in de reeks 'Robin en de Aardskinderen'. In 'Het duistere kasteel'* belanden Robin en haar broertje in een nare, koude wereld waar duizenden kinderen door een heks gevangen worden gehouden. In 'Het magische spoor'** nemen de moederheks en haar andere dochter, samen met 756 van de beste heksen wraak omdat Robin ...more
Published 2005 by Van Goor (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about De Doemspreuk Trilogie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about De Doemspreuk Trilogie

Cheryl (Gwyneiira's Book Blog)
Loved this book to pieces after a friend of mine brought it to school and forced me to read it. She had the whole trilogy! Couldn't put it down until I reached the last page. There's the whole magic and fantasy theme going on throughout the book. Definitely an interesting read, time well spent I would say.
Jildou
Loved it. McNish found the perfect creative way to describe young children's magic and the feelings of delight that go with it. The witches, their enemies, have obviously been thought about a lot - outlined so well you'll start sympathizing with them, despite their hideous features. The protagonists are, unfortunately, not as striking as the extra characters. It's clearly written for children. Read this when I was a little girl, didn't cease to amaze me the second time (I'm 17 now) as well. McNi ...more
Hilde
This book was my childhood. Even moreso than Harry Potter, it shaped my interests in witchcraft, and magic in general. I can still remember always being so amazed at what those kids could do. Without a doubt, this was one of the books that ignited the most profound desire to have similar abilities, or even any magical abilities at all (to this day *nostalgic sigh*).
Lucas
Okay. So, about 7-9 years ago, when I was around in grade 2, I don't remember much. I do remember, however, that I went downstairs and saw my brother's unused bookshelf. I really wanted a book to read, and I started browsing the shelves. A fantastic purple caught my eye, and I've worshiped this book ever since. It's by far my favourite book, or series, by far. I mean, I read Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, a ton of really well written fantastic books, and this book just triumphs over all of them. I ...more
Liz
Cliff McNish has an imagination that won't let you down and a writing style that matches perfectly. I was sucked into this world a dozen times over when I was younger. Reason why? It is Rule of Cool all over. 4 and a half stars.
oliviasbooks
Actually I stopped after finishing the first book of the three this volume contains. So my rating does not cover the whole package. I shouldn't forget that this is a story purely aimed at children, but in my opinion there is not enough plot: Running, resisting, getting stronger, fighting, running, resisting ....
Also if I had read this bad-witch-good-witch story as a child, I think it would have been too cruel and too yucky for my easily frightened self, although the descriptions are not very gra
Jona Letrondo
The first trilogy I had ever read! I'm so thrilled because this series gives the fire of my bookworm side. It was a very good book for young readers even to young at hearts. Doomspell will bring you to a world of magic and adventures that will surely make you want to finish it until the very last page.
Rachael
I got the first bok in the trilogy when it first came out, I must have been about 9 or 10... and I loved it so much I read it from cover to cover twice in a row... As the years progressed I continued to re-read it.
Then when I was maybe about 14 I saw the paper back that combines all three books into one, and I had to buy it. Although I didn't actually get round to reading it untill very recently.
I'm now 20, and realize this is a story aimed at children (but then so is Harry Potter and people of
Hayley
Absolutely loved this book!
Ollie Latham
Great regression reading
Francesca
Even 8 years after I first picked up The Doomspell Trilogy I still love it.I know it's aimed at children and you can see that in the writing style, but it's good for any ages and never fails to entertain.
Languoreth
Rather enjoyed this trilogy - it was entertaining when I was younger.

Of course, meeting the author 3 times and having my copy of the omnibus signed by him in person made it quite good too... :)
Maaike
guys ive been lying, this is my favourite fucking book ever im not even kidding i love it so much(tbh it's like the kids version of the magicians sooooo )
Jill Fraser
Sep 09, 2008 Jill Fraser added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Really good teen fiction story bout evil scary witches and how the kids of the world need to try and save the world!
Szeireil
I read it thousand times! First, when I was a child. Absolutely amazing, deep and touching history!
Therese Cantwell
I really liked this when I was younger. Haven't read it recently though
Tine
I think that is not a good book at all. I would not let my kids read it.
Poster48
best BOOK ever..........................
Eli
An amazing book-really enjoyed it.
Emily
Absolutely magical! Pure fantasy :)
Annie
Loved them all!
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Helena MacCormack
Helena MacCormack marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Cate
Cate marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Maxwell Carter
Maxwell Carter marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Cassie Dworaczek
Cassie Dworaczek marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
  • Tkacz iluzji (Kroniki Drugiego Kręgu, #1)
  • Wakacje z duchami
  • Pure Dead Brilliant (Pure Dead #3)
  • A Warlock in Whitby (The Whitby Witches, #2)
  • Pán Tragáčik a Winnetou
  • Pomnik cesarzowej Achai. Tom I (Pomnik cesarzowej Achai, #1)
  • Szatan z siódmej klasy
  • The Ratastrophe Catastrophe (The Illmoor Chronicles, #1)
  • The Fire Prince (The Cursed Kingdoms, #2)
  • 2586 Kroków
  • Rise of the Fallen (Ruin Mist: Dawn of the Ages, #1)
  • The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys
  • Corydon and the Island of Monsters (Corydon, #1)
  • The Outlaw Varjak Paw
  • The Ghost of Grania O'Malley
  • Jango (Noble Warriors Trilogy, #2)
  • Little Red Riding Hood
  • Mondays Are Red
According to my Mum, when I was arriving in this world on the night of 24th August 1962 the electricity in the house failed, and all the lights went out. So I was born part in darkness and part in candlelight. I’ve no idea what significance that has, but it sounds impressive somehow…

I was born in Sunderland, a city in the north-east of England. I’d like to say I picked up the local Mackam accent,
More about Cliff McNish...

Doomspell (3 books)
  • The Doomspell (Doomspell, #1)
  • The Scent of Magic (Doomspell, #2)
  • The Wizard's Promise (Doomspell, #3)
Breathe: A Ghost Story The Doomspell (Doomspell, #1) Angel The Scent of Magic (Doomspell, #2) The Wizard's Promise (Doomspell, #3)