Risk Everything (The Blackthorn Trilogy, #3)

Risk Everything (The Blackthorn Trilogy #3)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  259 ratings  ·  30 reviews
When Darkness Falls

Upon a moonless midnight, his face in shadow, a silent man came riding...Could it be? Is it him, so far from his lands and his people? Meghan can make no mistake, not when her heart cries out his name: Rolf MacDaidh. She had loved him once, in secret—and now the man they called the Lord of Vengeance wanted her.

To Rolf, Meghan of Blackthorn is more precio...more
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published July 1st 2005 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2005)

Splage
One of my favorite books ever! Have reread so many times I can't count anymore. It was an emotional read, so when I am looking for a good cry this is one of the books I pick up. The heroine is so strong and battles the hero at every turn and when she finally surrenders because of his promise it turns into a beautiful love story. The heartbreak was wrenching for me, but it does lead to a lot of groveling.
Elizabeth
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
2/3 stars
This was a well written book that had a bodice ripper feel. I disliked the hero throughout the story. He was vindictive, cruel, and very selfish. I can't think of one redeeming quality he had. Yes, he did some major groveling and, I guess, redeemed himself by the end; however, by then, I simply didn't care. I liked the heroine and was proud she made the hero accountable for his actions, but I didn't buy into her allowing him back into her life. I really don't feel her character would ha...more
Jultri
Lots of dramas and angsty and the heroine was tough and strong, but the hero needed to be clubbed on the head many a time. Not sure why he never married her initially despite loving her from the start, instead of marrying his first wife, thereby breaking her heart. He proceeded to smash it several times over, then purée it some more, and she still forgave him relatively quickly. Resolution came about very hastily and loose ends knotted over somewhat clumsily. Still, I liked the emotional perspec...more
K. Bell
Seriously annoyed with this book. There were so many things that bothered me about the character's actions. Most of all though I couldn't figure out how the H could have known the h for most of her lifetime and claim to 'love' her but still manage to have two marriages before he tells the h how he feels? Not to mention the horrible way he treats her for most of the book. Just could not get comfortable with what was going on but I did get into the book enough to finish it in one day, that says so...more
Meg Kinch
This is one of those books that is a guilty pleasure of mine. While I detest some of the events within the book, I commend the heroine for her backbone and her honor and pride. The hero isn't much to my liking, as he has the constant need for vengeance and is of the mentality of you woman, you not strong like man (pounds chest) and he just makes you want to smack him upside the head. Overall, the secondary characters I liked well and the heroine enough to give this book 3 stars.
Noelle
This is the first book by Sophia Johnson that I've read and I wasn't disapointed. I love a good revenge theme and this one is one of the best that I've read. Not only does our H use the h as a tool for his revenge against her brother but he follows through on the plan. Ususally the plan is discovered before it can be pulled off or the H confesses because he's fallen in love and can't go through with it.Not so in Risk Everything and it makes for some very emotional scenes.
shewhorefusestonameherself
Meghan was *fantastic*. She is probably my favorite of all heroines in this genre. Rolf, on the other hand, was so stupid, I found it impossible to believe he was Laird of his clan. His younger brother would definitely make a better Laird.

Driven by a very weak attempt to fool him, he's convinced an old friend of his murdered his wife. He then decides to get revenge by capturing that man's sister (a woman he'd known and loved in the past). He forces her on a march behind his horse, leaving her he...more
Anika
I only read maybe 2/3rds of the book and had to stop. The only reason I gave it two stars was because of the heroine and the writing style. The rest just left me disappointed (I say disappointed because I'm being nice). The hero was selfish, stupid, vindictive, cruel and the Heroine (though I loved her spirit and mind set for most of the book) bowed to his will! I really expected more from the this book. It started out so good and the writing was excellent. But I couldn't stomach how sick the tu...more
Jane Stewart
Kristiej
Have you ever read a book that you know drives you batty, that you know you shouldn’t like, but you can’t help but read it nevertheless? I believe we call these guilty pleasures. Such is the case with Risk Everything. I was reading it while at the RWA conference and despite all the events and meetings going on around me, I still managed to steal time to read this one – even though it drove me batty. It’s a Medieval and already this year I’m way ahead of where I was last year in reading this genr...more
Bec
Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide

Rolf kidnaps Meghan and uses her to plot revenge against her brother(Connor).....who used to be his close friend until a horrible tragedy ripped them apart. This story was different from your average romance due to the hurtful and even violent (at times) nature of the H/H relationship. Even after Rolf admits to himself that he has always loved Meghan and always will, he still goes through with his plan for revenge and he ultimately destroy's Meghan. It all works out in the end but this...more
Anusuya
Eleonora
I loved this book! I wish there were more books in the trilogy.
Hannah
Made me laugh and cry. I already adored Meghan from the first two books. This was my favourite of the three. I found it an emotional roller coaster as you can tell something is going to happen that's gonna hurt Meghan and you cant help but like her character. She's so strong, independent and full of fire. Even when faced with a challenge she comes out on top and you cant help but laugh at her antics.
L.W.
The strong female character in this was great. I loved what she did with the struggle and the mess that Meghan landed in. Both characters read well, and you found yourself caring about both of them, even though he was the perfect shit in so many ways. This is going to be one of my favorites and on my shelf for a very long time. It's a keeper
Jessica
Sheila
I actually read this one first :) Again, I loved it. The story is very different from the first one. But I don't think Meghan made Rolf suffer near enough when it was all said and done. Great book.

She has always loved him and he ends up using her, intentionally misleads her, and betrays what trust she had in him.
Jenny
So when I first started reading this series I read them out of order. I read this one first and as soon as I did I new I had to read the other books she wrote. This book was amazing. It had me happy,sad,mad,crying and so on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what was going to happen. I loved every minute it!
Maddux
Just bought this on Amazon for $2.12, downloaded it to my NEW FIRE!!

First time reading this author.

Heroine Meghan was a delight. Hero Rolf pissed me off, and I was rooting for Meghan to bring him down several notches.

Looking forward to more of Ms. Johnson's stories.
Kay Naughty Book Snitch
Not bad really but not at all what I thought. It had a hint of paranormal to it. I don't like my historical with paranormal in it. Time travel is in the background of this series, so this is my first and only book in this series I will read.
Marjana
If I can give negative star for this book, I would. This book was HORRIBLE! The hero humiliated, busied, and forced the heroin to do so many things that I was so disgusted. Don't waste your time or money on this book (I wish I hasn’t).
Lorelle
This is one of the best medieval historical romances I have ever read! I savored it. I couldn't wait to set aside time in my day to devote to this really wonderful guilty pleasure of a book!
Anna Markland
This was a page turner. Though the plot line is not very feasible, the hero and heroine captured my heart and I thoroughly enjoyed the book. A very good Scottish medieval romance.
Michelle
Don't bother with this one.Heroine way to strong,hero treats her like crap and then suddenly he says sorry and she forgives him and all is well!Please!
Daphne Marzana
There are a lot of questionable and unsavory character traits and actions in this book but the writing is good and the drama kept me turning the pages.
Jody
I absolutely love this series. Not everyone might but I just can't help myself. And Rolf is a first class idiot.
Rebecca
I've re-read this one many times...
  • The Darkest Heart
  • Caress and Conquer
  • The Devil's Love
  • The Substitute Wife
  • Bold Angel
  • Smoke in the Wind (Harlequin Presents, #1104)
  • Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1) (Ladies, #1)
  • His Bonnie Bride (Highland Brides, #1)
  • Night in Eden
  • Love Lessons
  • Crimson Rapture
  • His Enemy's Daughter
  • The Lover
  • The Marriage Bed
After our daughters were married and moved away, my husband and I retired. It didn't take long for the "empty nest" syndrome to strike. It took much longer before we did something about it, though. Fifteen years! We bought a little long-coat Chihuahua who became the terror of the neighborhood - even on a leash. When he was three years old and not even attmpting to be friendly with anyone other tha...more
More about Sophia Johnson...
Always Mine (The Blackthorn Trilogy #1) Midnight's Bride (The Blackthorn Trilogy #2) Forbidden (The Raptor Castle Series #1) Ruthless (The Raptor Castle Series #3) Seduced (The Raptor Castle Series #2)