Start by marking “More Than Beards, Bellies and Biceps: The Story of the 1993 Phillies (and the Phillie Phanatic Too)” as Want to Read:

Stubble scruffed up their chins. Tobacco wads ballooned their cheeks. The 1993 Philadelphia Phillies had the look of a slow pitch softball team itching to kick some serious butt. And they did kick butt?on and off the field. Though they weren't a photogenic bunch, their mugs were everywhere, on Baseball Today, on the Late Show with David Letterman, and on Saturday Night ...more
Published March 1st 2006 by Sports Publishing LLC (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about More Than Beards, Bellies and Biceps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Beards, Bellies and Biceps

Steve
Apr 10, 2012 Steve rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports, non-fiction
This book brought back some great memories of that unique '93 Philies squad. I loved reading all the locker room stories and about the incredible team chemistry they had that year. The personal accounts from the players, especially John Kruk, Larry Andersen, Curt Schilling, Darren Daulton, and Mitch Williams are really entertaining.

On a negative note, I don't understand why it wasn't separated into two books, one for the story of the '93 Phillies, and one for the stories about the Phanatic. "The
Shard527 (mmremshard)
May 11, 2010 Shard527 (mmremshard) rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: phillies fans
This book was an interesting piece of nostalgia for me. I was in 7th grade when the Phillies raced for the pennant in '93 and spent a lot of time at the Vet. It was great to read all the inside information I was completely oblivous to at the age of 11.

The story arrangement was excellent, but I did notice many errors in tense and typoes throughout. That stuff takes me out of my flow when I'm reading. The font for the main book was unbelievably small, which made it hard to read as well.

I loved t
Matt
May 29, 2008 Matt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love the Phillies, were transfixed on the 1993 squad, or just simply love the game, this is the perfect book for you! John Kruk For President!!!
Chris Parker
Chris Parker rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2014
Ian Riccaboni
Ian Riccaboni rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Martin May
Martin May rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Meril
Meril rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Brian "Sandy"
Brian "Sandy" rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2009
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Joshua Macdonald
Joshua Macdonald rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2012
Bryan
Bryan rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2014
Ron Struckus
Ron Struckus rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2012
Chrissy Davis
Chrissy Davis rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2012
Tim Bianchi
Tim Bianchi rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2010
Dave
Dave rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2016
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2010
Noel
Noel rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2012
Joe Wames
Joe Wames rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Kurt
Kurt rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Andy
Andy rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2014
David Lambdon
David Lambdon rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Aj
Aj rated it really liked it
May 29, 2012
Nathan Duckworth
Nathan Duckworth rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016
Andy
Andy rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2012
Brian Schwartz
Brian Schwartz rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2013
Pete Freind
Pete Freind rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2012