Start by marking “Arthur of Albion” as Want to Read:
Arthur of Albion

Arthur of Albion

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The ultimate book on King Arthur! Combining the best-known stories about Arthur and his court with fascinating research on who Arthur really was and where Camelot was built, and the relationships between the main characters in the legends, the magnificent edition has been designed and illustrated to the highest standards.
Published September 1st 2008 by Barefoot Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Arthur of Albion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arthur of Albion

Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: I love the old Arthurian Tales of Camelot and the Knights of the Round Table. Which this book is. FYI, I'm not so fond of modern retellings, only if they involve Arthur as a boy or focus on Merlin as the main character.

This book was published a couple years ago in an oversized picture book format which I am sure is simply breath taking and would be the edition you would want if you want to read this aloud to younger children or even a group of children. This edition I have ha
Christina
I read this book with my son who enjoys King Arthur legends. The book's format alternates b/t descriptions of the elements of different lengands, such as small write-ups of the more famous knight or other characters, and the actual legends.

The pictures in the book are magnificent and their style fits the legends perfectly. The stories were a little tough for my five year old to understand and required a lot of explaining so it is better suited for older fans of Arthur. Still, a lovely book.

My so
Tori
Barefoot Books has done it again! John Matthews retells classic Arthurian lore in this comprehensive but fully digestible collection of tales and poems alongside some incredible artwork. As always, you can find this and other Barefoot Books on my website.
Wendy
The text was a bit stilted, but the illustrations were absolutely exquisite. Make sure you get the full-size hard cover version! The pictures are fewer & harder to see in the paperback.
Nancy
A beautiful book with lovely illustrations and brilliant stories, it's meant for children and would be great for reading aloud to slightly older kids.
Kelli
Beautifully illustrated and a joy to read.
Ylspyth
Ylspyth marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Kaila Bell
Kaila Bell marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Janja
Janja is currently reading it
Nov 23, 2014
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Mario K
Mario K marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Katje van Loon
Katje van Loon is currently reading it
Dec 30, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Katie
Katie added it
Jul 12, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Matthias
Matthias marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Cam
Cam added it
Jun 20, 2014
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
John Matthews is an historian, folklorist and author. He has been a full time writer since 1980 and has produced over ninety books on the Arthurian Legends and Grail Studies, as well as short stories and a volume of poetry. He has devoted much of the past thirty years to the study of Arthurian Traditions and myth in general. His best known and most widely read works are ‘Pirates’ (Carlton/Atheneum ...more
More about John Matthews...
The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures: The Ultimate A-Z of Fantastic Beings From Myth and Magic The Winter Solstice: The Sacred Traditions of Christmas Pirates King Arthur: Dark Age Warrior and Mythic Hero The Sidhe: Wisdom from the Celtic Otherworld