Start by marking “The Lady and the Dragon” as Want to Read:
The Lady and the Dragon

The Lady and the Dragon

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A not-so-proper lady on a quest for freedom sneaks aboard the ship of an infamous privateer determined to save his brother--and resist love. Who will win this clash of wills?

A Runaway Heiress
When bold, beautiful Lady Christina Delafield discovered her overbearing grandfather planned to tame her at a Swiss finishing school, Christina stowed away on the first ship leaving Lo
Trade Paperback, 296 pages
Published September 1st 2008 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Lady and the Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady and the Dragon

Kathrynn
Nov 04, 2008 Kathrynn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Historical Pirate Romance Fans
This was not at all what I expected, but still found it to be an enjoyable read. It was a typical historic romance where wealthy damsel (who doesn't like being told what to do) fled her overbearing (but loving) grandparents so she could have freedom. First, she requested passage on a ship going where she needed to go, but after being denied, she stowed away. She had a couple of TSTL (too stupid too live) moments, so be warned. Unbeknownst to her, she was on a pirate ship of her grandfather's nem ...more
Ladiibbug
Historical Romance, 4.5 stars

Shelley Bradley, aka Shayla Black, writes a deliciously enjoyable historical adventure ... starring a runaway heiress, Lady Christina, who is fleeing her strict grandfather, who is the Lord Admiral of the British Navy.

Lady Christina's quest for personal freedom and not-so-proper behavior has prompted the Lord Admiral to tame the girl by sending her away to a Swiss finishing school.

Lady Christina stows away on the first ship leaving London harbor, which turns out to b
Puna
Only finished this one because I've been rather impatient with books lately so i figured I'd complete it rather than just delete once I realized the heroine was just TSTL. The hero was way too nice when he thought "She was rash, unthinking, lacking in genuine understanding of the world." Brain dead would have been a better description. *possible spoiler* A guy she slept with & supposedly fell in with cuts his long hair, shaves his bread, removes his earring, loses his tan & takes off a m ...more
Armanus_Gal
I have never written a review, however, this book gives me pause to take a moment and share.
I'm not sure how I came across the knowledge of this book, I just know that I am grateful that I did!
The antics of the main characters left me wanting to read on and mixed with the story line, it is a perfect combination. I enjoyed every aspect of this book!
It was very difficult for me to put this book down and I look forward to reading more by this author.
Linda
An early Shelley Bradley, lady Christina runaways to escape her grandfathers threat with swiss school. She happens upon Black Dragon whos intended to kidnap her in exchange of his brother. He doesnt realize whats right under his nose. =) Love the book, the beginning was a bit cliché but it soon got more intriguing and by the end i was pleasantly surprised. Love Shayla Blacks writing in all forms. ...more
Darcy
I wasn't sure about this one when I picked it up, but I really like this author's other books. This one ended up not being for me. Historicals are not usually my thing, and the whole pirate thing with a mask hiding his face, and the girl on the run from her evil Grandfather was just too over the top for me.
Angel Ruess
The first half of this book was amazing, and then it just dropped off. In the beginning Drex was amazing and everything you could ask for, and then you couldn't even recognize him by the end of the book. Not only that but the story just dragged on after that, sad and disappointing.
travelmel
Wow, just looked at the rest of the books by this author and they are all bodice rippers. I got it at the library in order to get a "big girl read" and it looked adventurous. Not sure now.
Nai
There is nothing SB cannot write. I very much enjoyed this book!
Jena
Found this very romantic and I liked the setting.
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Jacque
Jacque marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Katie Kuykendall
Katie Kuykendall marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Alexa Cribb
Alexa Cribb marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Terri
Terri added it
Jun 07, 2015
Janae
Janae marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Christie P.
Christie P. marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Jinxx
Jinxx marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Maggie Humphreys
Maggie Humphreys marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
  • Passion's Ransom
  • Once a Pirate
  • My Timeswept Heart (Blackwells, #1)
  • The Pirate Prince
  • The Bride and the Buccaneer
  • Captain's Price
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • The Millionaire's Indecent Proposal (Monte Carlo Affairs, #1)
  • Sea Fires (Blackstone Trilogy, #1)
  • Taken: The Spaniard's Virgin (Mediterranean Brides, #2)
  • Bound By the Past (Ties That Bind, #2)
  • California Cowboy
  • Captive Splendors (Captive, #3)
  • Pirate Hunter's Mistress (The Virginia Brides #2)
  • What an Earl Wants
  • Stranded
  • To Wed a Stranger (C Series, #6)
  • Unraveled