Start by marking “The Lady and the Dragon” as Want to Read:
The Lady and the Dragon

The Lady and the Dragon

A not-so-proper lady on a quest for freedom sneaks aboard the ship of an infamous privateer determined to save his brother--and resist love. Who will win this clash of wills?

A Runaway Heiress
When bold, beautiful Lady Christina Delafield discovered her overbearing grandfather planned to tame her at a Swiss finishing school, Christina stowed away on the first ship leaving Lo
Trade Paperback, 296 pages
Published September 1st 2008 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Lady and the Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady and the Dragon

Kathrynn
Sep 03, 2008 Kathrynn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Historical Pirate Romance Fans
This was not at all what I expected, but still found it to be an enjoyable read. It was a typical historic romance where wealthy damsel (who doesn't like being told what to do) fled her overbearing (but loving) grandparents so she could have freedom. First, she requested passage on a ship going where she needed to go, but after being denied, she stowed away. She had a couple of TSTL (too stupid too live) moments, so be warned. Unbeknownst to her, she was on a pirate ship of her grandfather's nem ...more
Ladiibbug
Sep 03, 2008 Ladiibbug rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Historical Romance, 4.5 stars

Shelley Bradley, aka Shayla Black, writes a deliciously enjoyable historical adventure ... starring a runaway heiress, Lady Christina, who is fleeing her strict grandfather, who is the Lord Admiral of the British Navy.

Lady Christina's quest for personal freedom and not-so-proper behavior has prompted the Lord Admiral to tame the girl by sending her away to a Swiss finishing school.

Lady Christina stows away on the first ship leaving London harbor, which turns out to b
Puna
Mar 14, 2013 Puna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Only finished this one because I've been rather impatient with books lately so i figured I'd complete it rather than just delete once I realized the heroine was just TSTL. The hero was way too nice when he thought "She was rash, unthinking, lacking in genuine understanding of the world." Brain dead would have been a better description. *possible spoiler* A guy she slept with & supposedly fell in with cuts his long hair, shaves his bread, removes his earring, loses his tan & takes off a m ...more
Armanus_Gal
Apr 01, 2013 Armanus_Gal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, huh
I have never written a review, however, this book gives me pause to take a moment and share.
I'm not sure how I came across the knowledge of this book, I just know that I am grateful that I did!
The antics of the main characters left me wanting to read on and mixed with the story line, it is a perfect combination. I enjoyed every aspect of this book!
It was very difficult for me to put this book down and I look forward to reading more by this author.
Linda
Mar 28, 2011 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An early Shelley Bradley, lady Christina runaways to escape her grandfathers threat with swiss school. She happens upon Black Dragon whos intended to kidnap her in exchange of his brother. He doesnt realize whats right under his nose. =) Love the book, the beginning was a bit cliché but it soon got more intriguing and by the end i was pleasantly surprised. Love Shayla Blacks writing in all forms. ...more
Darcy
I wasn't sure about this one when I picked it up, but I really like this author's other books. This one ended up not being for me. Historicals are not usually my thing, and the whole pirate thing with a mask hiding his face, and the girl on the run from her evil Grandfather was just too over the top for me.
Angel Ruess
The first half of this book was amazing, and then it just dropped off. In the beginning Drex was amazing and everything you could ask for, and then you couldn't even recognize him by the end of the book. Not only that but the story just dragged on after that, sad and disappointing.
travelmel
Wow, just looked at the rest of the books by this author and they are all bodice rippers. I got it at the library in order to get a "big girl read" and it looked adventurous. Not sure now.
Nai
Oct 02, 2010 Nai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is nothing SB cannot write. I very much enjoyed this book!
Jena
Oct 15, 2013 Jena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good-read
Found this very romantic and I liked the setting.
Melissa
Melissa rated it did not like it
Jan 30, 2014
Miss A J Somers
Miss A J Somers rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
May 15, 2012
Randi
Randi rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2012
Drush
Drush rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2013
Stacy
Stacy rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2012
Nicole Wheeler
Nicole Wheeler rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
Katherine
Katherine rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Vasia
Vasia rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2012
Daisy
Daisy rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2013
Dixie McMurry
Dixie McMurry rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015
Gigi
Gigi rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2012
Sanja
Sanja rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2013
Kimmy Burbridge
Kimmy Burbridge rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2011
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2012
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2010
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2013
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Passion's Ransom
  • Moontide Embrace
  • My Timeswept Heart (Blackwells, #1)
  • The Pirate Prince
  • Once a Pirate
  • Captain's Price
  • The Millionaire's Indecent Proposal (Monte Carlo Affairs, #1)
  • Sea Fires (Blackstone Trilogy, #1)
  • California Cowboy
  • The Bride and the Buccaneer
  • The Captain's Lady
  • Taken: The Spaniard's Virgin (Mediterranean Brides, #2)
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • Bound By the Past (Ties That Bind, #2)
  • Pirate Hunter's Mistress (The Virginia Brides #2)
  • Captive Embraces (Captive, #2)
  • Mistress of the Sea
  • Shelter In A Soldier's Arms (Silhouette Special Edition, #1400)