Start by marking “Avril Crump And Her Amazing Clones” as Want to Read:
Avril Crump And Her Amazing Clones

Avril Crump And Her Amazing Clones

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  10 reviews
In Angela Woolfe's spectacularly funny debut novel, Avril Crump, the bumbling but lovable scientist embarks on a series of unexpected adventures with her newfound friends--who happen to be clones!

Avril Crump, female scientist, is bald, pink, and round, with a weakness for sweets, whose greatest love of all is chemistry, science, the quest for knowledge, and using that chem
Published March 1st 2005 by Orchard (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Avril Crump And Her Amazing Clones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avril Crump And Her Amazing Clones

Eric
Nov 09, 2009 Eric added it
Shelves: 10th-grade-q1
Avril Crump And Her Amazing Clones is a story filled with action, adventure, suspense, and even comedy. this was a very interesting book, with a secretly mysterious plot.
The story starts out as a young Avril Crump, (scientist) is experimenting one late night with parts of her DNA. she mixes her DNA with three other substances which causes a giant explosion. after the dust settles, Crump realizes that there were three shadowy figures standing before her. a young girl named Eddy, an old fashioned
Amber
Dr. Crump is not a typical, beautiful scientist in fact she's down right goofy looking. After a few explosions in the lab, she finds herself among 3 clones one is even a talking dog! What happens when the evil Dr. Blut wants to destroy them all and has even managed to clone Dr. Crump! Will they survive or be banished to Room 237???
Cball
A good read-aloud with the kids. The 12 year old would rate it at 5 star, the 8 year old, a 2 star. I thought it was, well, a good family read aloud. Thus, the 3 star review. The 8 year old was a bit put off by the whole-clone/lab aspect of the storyline (we have a dog formerly a test lab dog in our life).

Avril is a frumpy, failing scientist who works for the local science company. She is about to be fired (too many lab projects gone awry) and goes off to assuage her grief with some snacks and w
Lugosifan
One of the best books of the year!!!!!! This is a new fav!!!
LisaKaren
A very British style silly romp with unusual characters a plenty. The star is Avril Crump, a beleaguered and snack obsessed scientist, with her liberated lab experiments, the clones and, of course, a wicked mad scientist to give them all something to do. At times his evil plans are terrifyingly grim. Fast paced, with many scene changes. Meanwhile back in the laboratory....
Emily
I didn't get far into this book before I decided to abandon it. It was okay but it didn't really hold my interest and there were other books I wanted to read instead. I don't think I'll ever check it out again and finish it.
Tayla Tayla
I thought this book was great ... Eventhough it is a small sized book I was reading it for ages . Taking in every single thing that happened!!! I hope this author has more books! x
Jacqui
One of my favourites, the humour in it is right up my alley. I found myself laughing out loud in some places.
Princess
Mary
A funny book
Harini
Harini marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Lindsay Johnson
Lindsay Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Conny
Conny added it
Jul 09, 2015
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Emily
Emily added it
May 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Angela Woolfe has written for The Guardian and Vogue magazine.

More about Angela Woolfe...
The Surprising Life of Charlie Glass Avril Crump and the Slumber Code Avril Crump and the Lucky 13 Avril Crump And The Clone Countdown