Start by marking “Bad News/Good News (Beacon Street Girls, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bad News/Good News (Beacon Street Girls, #2)

Bad News/Good News (Beacon Street Girls #2)

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  1,280 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
A new girl in town, a parent's potential new job overseas, and a botched community service project threaten to break up the strong friendship of the Beacon Street Girls.
Published April 1st 2004 by B*tween Producions, Inc.

The Escape of Princess Madeline by Kirstin PulioffThe Super-Nice are Super-Annoying by Jim BentonBridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson11 Birthdays by Wendy MassThe Lightning Gun by Jay Parks
Ages 9-12
7th out of 62 books — 25 voters
Westminster Abby by Micol OstowWhen Irish Guys Are Smiling by Suzanne SuppleeThe Sound of Munich by Suzanne   NelsonGirl Overboard by Aimee FerrisSwede Dreams by Eva Apelqvist
Students Across the Seven Seas Series
19th out of 25 books — 44 voters

More lists with this book...

Chosang
Cathyl
Mar 06, 2015 Cathyl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brianna
My 10 year old self: This is a great book that will want to keep you reading. I didn't like this one as much as the first one in the series because it was like the friends got spilt. Also, it kind of seemed like Maeve wasn't really in place. I don't know why I feel this way, but this is how I feel. Anyways, this is still a great book so borrow it now.
Jackie
The Beacon Street Girls, Charlotte, Katini, Maeve, and Avery, have found that their friendship has strenghtened alot since their teacher Ms. Rodriguez put them together at the same lunch table many months ago. They are there for each other in good times and in bad. But, when Charlotte begins to worry that her father may be contemplating another move yet again, this time to England, she is saddened that she will have to leave her best friends and this hometown where she feels safe and secure.

The
Emma Xoxo
Jan 19, 2013 Emma Xoxo rated it it was amazing
Krystal
Apr 10, 2016 Krystal rated it it was amazing
Good book! Only thing is, name isnt that appealing to the eye! But Im super glad I picked it up even despite the name! ...more
Sunwoo
Jan 17, 2015 Sunwoo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a new girl joining the BSG but their friend Katani doesn't like the new girl Isabelle...
Hilary
Sep 20, 2010 Hilary rated it liked it
A good alternative to the Babysitters Club. Charlotte has lived all over the world -- her dad is a travel writer. When they settle in Boston, Charlotte hopes it is the last move and makes friends and puts down roots. She is devastated to find out that her dad plans to move to Oxford (England) mid-school-year, but feels helpless to stop him.

Her best friends step in to make her dad change her mind. The final solution is a bit unrealistic (I can't see a middle school student coming up with this ide
hermione  granger
May 26, 2016 hermione granger rated it really liked it
I loved this book but I hate that they always get into fights.
Ruqiya
Feb 07, 2010 Ruqiya rated it really liked it
I liked this book because it shows how friends could do anything to stay friends and be together.
I felt happy for Charlotte because she has friends that really like her.Charlotte's friends are doing anything to convince Charlotte's father for her to stay and not move.
I'd say a theme of this book is do anything for your friends because in the book the Beacon street girls do any thing for their friends.
The main characters of this book are Charlotte,Maeve,Katani,Isabel,Avery,and Charlotte's dad bec
Skylar
Nov 08, 2008 Skylar rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anybody who liked Worst enemies/best friends.
Recommended to Skylar by: I like these series.
This book is about this girl isabel who moved with her sister and mom and has to go to this new school. Charlotte and Maeve are really nice to her but Katani and Avery dont like her. Just when things are a mess Charlottes dad is thinking about moving. Will Charlotte have to move again and have to say goodbye to all of her best friends or will she stay in her house for a really long time? Will Katani and Avery learn to like Isabel or will they hate her forever? Find out in Bad News/Good News. Thi ...more
Whitney
Dec 16, 2010 Whitney rated it it was amazing
The book was good so far,it was really interesting.Hopefully other people will enjoy this book,also I'm going to tell my best friend about this book and hope that she will read this book.The main character is Charlotte and shes in the seventh grade she traveled alot when she was little cause her father had different job interviews.Soo you need to read the book to find out more ;D. I liked the book cause it was kinda like my friend and how she acts (she doesnt act "fast") but shes nice person als ...more
Adelae
May 18, 2016 Adelae rated it liked it
Listened to
Kelly
Jun 18, 2010 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: seattle, 2010
I understand why this series is such a hit with pre-teen girls. While many of the characters' actions and reactions seem cliche to an adult, they are definitely the sort of things that this age group deals with. This second book got a little emotional towards the end, and I even found myself a bit teary. The story is sweet, and even though I sometimes wanted to shake the characters and tell them they were blowing things out of proportion, I could understand it from from a twelve-year-old's persp ...more
Lisa
Sep 18, 2012 Lisa rated it it was ok
Shelves: 5th, 6th, series
I did not get into this book... I forced myself to read it, but was frustrated with how annoying the characters were, their terrible advice to one another, and the simple solutions that unrealistically fixed everything. I don't think I will quickly take young girls to this shelf, because the characters were not really full of traits I want more girls emulating. They had some nice qualities, but the mean-spiritedness throughout cancelled the nice for me. Maybe the other installments are better??
Reader Girl
Feb 12, 2016 Reader Girl rated it liked it
Shelves: jf
It's not as good as the first book. It gets off to a slow start then never gains enough momentum for me to want to read the third book.
Chanty
Aug 25, 2011 Chanty rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series and that is when a new classmate joins their class and 2 of the Beacon Street Girls are happy to welcome her and include them into their inner circle but the other 2 aren't so happy about it but when 2 of them invite her to one of their famous BSG sleepovers that draws the line for the other 2 until they realize she might not be that bad.
Ann
Nov 30, 2008 Ann rated it liked it
Recommends it for: preteen and young teens
I wanted to check out this series to find out the reading level and
age appropriateness. I was pleasantly surprised to find young teens
living the life of young teens. These are books that can definitely
go into the hands of readers who are not ready for real YA. Charming and thoughtful they will fill a needed niche.

Hannah
Jul 31, 2007 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Middle School Girls
Shelves: chapterbooks
If you liked the first Beacon Street Girls book, you'll definitely like this one! In this story another girl joins the BSG (Beacon Street Girls). At first she is not accepted by all the girls. The BSG starts to fall apart. Will the girls find a way to put the BSG back together? Read the book and find out!
Olivia
Sep 13, 2009 Olivia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the "Beacon Street Girls" series, and is just as enchanting and fun as the first one. Just like the first book this one is filled with laughs, hearts and many more interesting events! Read this and LOVE it!!
Marnina
It was pretty good....what made the book exciting, and made me want to read it, was that Katani didn't like Isabel...but then near the ends, they became friends.
I like how it's so up to date!

Jarynth ♛
TBH, this is the worst book in the series.. I got bored and I just finished it to see if there is exciting stuff happening but no .-. .-. I didn't like it, as much as the other books in the series..
Julia
Oct 03, 2009 Julia rated it liked it
It got a little boring towards the end but I suggest it anyways! If you want to read the series, I highly suggest it and you have to finish this book if you are commited to the series!
Caroline
In the second book, a new girl arrives. Some of the BSG like her. Some don't. They get jealous and misunderstand one another, but it's all okay in the end. Juuuuust like real life.
Monique
Feb 01, 2013 Monique rated it really liked it
Technically, rereading it a second time, I realized how horrible Katani and Avery treated Isabelle and how fats (too fast, I think) how Isabelle was welcomed by the other two. Moving on!
Mallory
Aug 07, 2009 Mallory rated it it was amazing
This is a cute story about best friends. It is actually a 15 book series, but I read the second before the first, and I will start the third when I finish Harry Potter again.
Andie
Jul 29, 2008 Andie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tween girls
Shelves: fiction
I love the BSG! Its all about friendship, I love how the girls stick up for each other and stay loyal. I read this whenever I want a light book to read.
Aly
Aug 18, 2012 Aly rated it liked it
Keana Bloomfield
I thought that it had a really good feel for what's it like to be the new kid. Trust me, it's scary, even though everyone in your new grade is new!
Madeleine
Oct 20, 2009 Madeleine rated it it was amazing
This is a really good book. All of the books in the series are. In this book charlottes father gets an offer to teach in england at oxford.
  • Needle and Thread (Main Street, #2)
  • Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #1)
  • RSVP (Camp Confidential #6)
  • Twelve (The Winnie Years, #3)
  • I Heard A Rumor (How I Survived Middle School, #3)
  • Pretty Like Us
  • Murder on the Fourth of July (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #28)
The Beacon Street Girls books are inspired by all the preteen girls I've ever known. I wanted to create a world where girls can go to have fun and learn about who they are, while modeling real-life experiences. The first book, Worst Enemies/Best Friends, explores creating and testing friendships, skewed first impressions, and being the new kid at school. In the end, true friendship conquers all. W ...more
More about Annie Bryant...

Beacon Street Girls (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Worst Enemies/Best Friends (Beacon Street Girls, #1)
  • Letters From The Heart (Beacon Street Girls, #3)
  • Out Of Bounds (Beacon Street Girls, #4)
  • Promises, Promises (Beacon Street Girls, #5)
  • Lake Rescue (Beacon Street Girls, #6)
  • Freaked Out (Beacon Street Girls, #7)
  • Lucky Charm (Beacon Street Girls, #8)
  • Fashion Frenzy (Beacon Street Girls, #9)
  • Just Kidding (Beacon Street Girls, #10)
  • Ghost Town (Beacon Street Girls, #11)

“friendship... it's such a leap of faith” 22 likes