Start by marking “Baby Faces” as Want to Read:
Baby Faces

Baby Faces

Full of crisp color photographs, these books capture the expressions and moods of babies throughout their busy days. The soft-padded format makes them safe and easy for little hands to handle.
Board Book, 16 pages
Published October 14th 1998 by DK Children

To ask other readers questions about Baby Faces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Faces

Alex
Oct 26, 2016 Alex rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: my kid's mouth
Shelves: baby-books
One of my kid's favorite books (to put in his mouth). It shows pictures of babies in various moods. This claims to help a kid's social development, which sounds like it might be taking itself a little seriously.

The thing that keeps it from being a five-star book for me is this kid right here:

This kid fuckin' sucks at peek-a-boo. He's not hidden at all! Fuck this kid.

BTW you know what this makes me think about is it must be rough to be a racist parent. This book has a wonderful assortment of babi
Chinook
Feb 08, 2017 Chinook rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Maddie stared intently at the other babies and Kait liked talking about their emotions.
Jody Black
Jan 12, 2010 Jody Black rated it it was amazing
One of my daughter's favorites from 6 mos to a year. She loves to flip through and look at the babies with faces describing different feelings (sad, surprised, angry, sleepy, dirty, hungry, etc). We also read this book to learn about labeling emotions. I sometimes open it and point to the face that describes her current state and ask her if she feels like that baby, and tell her what word is used to describe him or her. I think it may promote empathy, but at the very least I'm hoping it will hel ...more
Kimbely Fletcher
Sep 13, 2009 Kimbely Fletcher rated it really liked it
Shelves: infant-books
This is a great book to use in educating your baby in emotions. This book shows several emotions made by other babies. It is well illustrated, and very colorful.
Nick
Nov 24, 2015 Nick rated it liked it
Minus half a star for the "where's baby / peekaboo" combo. The baby is right there. He's not even a little bit hidden in that basket. Lazy.
Lisa
Jan 16, 2017 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: felix
Huge favorite with our 17-month-old!
jacky
Oct 18, 2009 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: board-books
Dec 2009 - I read that looking at pictures of faces is highly recommended for babies in their first month, so when we went to the mall today, I went to the book store looking especially for a book like this one. Luckily, Mike found the only copy of the only title they had like it. Natalie definitely was interested in looking at the pictures. I just wish the pages were a little bigger.

June 2011 - I later gave away our copy of this book. We found several other baby faces books we like better. One
Camille Ryckman
Brief summary - photographs, these books capture the expressions and moods of babies throughout their busy days
Annotation - Children like to see the faces of other babies and the various faces will keep your babies interest.
Age appropriateness 0-1 year
Connection to six early literacy skills
Print Motivation - Babies will like to read and reread this "story"
Opinion - I think it is a fine book, but there is a strong need for babies to see other baby faces. There is some similar books, they are all
Breanne
Jan 19, 2015 Breanne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
What can I say? Babies love other babies!! I think this is a must have book for new parents. I started reading this to our daughter at 6 months (yes, that's young but you should be reading to your children early, even from birth). She loved it and soon learned to interact with the babies and show the emotions.
Wendy Daniel
May 06, 2014 Wendy Daniel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lis-4700
This is the very best book for babies. It's a board book that goes through different photographs of infants. It labels each photo with a description of what the baby is feeling. This book is fantastic for print awareness and print motivation for young babies. They absolutely LOVE to look at other babies.
Elizabeth
I like the idea of a baby faces book showing different emotions, but I wasn't all that taken with the expressions in this book. (And as another reviewer note, what kind of barely-trying peek-a-boo game was that in the middle?) I did appreciate that the faces were not only white babies.
Karawan
Jun 27, 2011 Karawan rated it liked it
Another "baby faces" book with babies showing a range of emotions. It was okay, Gavin looked at the pictures, but neither one of us found it as interesting or engaging as other books we've read with faces.
Rob
Dec 13, 2009 Rob rated it liked it
Shelves: with-holden
There are faces of babies. Eight of them. Nine if you count "kissing" as two. SPOILER ALERT: they fall asleep at the end.
Crystal Marcos
Mar 28, 2010 Crystal Marcos rated it it was amazing
One of my daughter's favorites. She loves looking at the babies. I love interacting with her and saying what each baby is doing.
Kyleigh
Sep 30, 2011 Kyleigh rated it it was ok
Shelves: gavin-library
Neither my ~1 year old nor I thought this one was anything special.
Judy
Aug 13, 2012 Judy rated it really liked it
a good book to show faces on feelings
Aik Kielch
Dec 31, 2014 Aik Kielch rated it really liked it
A favorite from about 6 months - 15 months
Walter Walker
May 15, 2016 Walter Walker rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Baby faces is a good board book for toddlers. Just one word aligned with a picture on each page. A good tool for peaking toddlers interest in books and print awareness.
Heather
Shameful confession: I spend this book thinking about how my baby is cuter than all the kids in the pictures.
Emily Lakdawalla
Oct 03, 2007 Emily Lakdawalla rated it it was amazing
This was the first book my baby loved, from 4 months on. It's smaller than most board books with a cover that is NOT flush with the pages, so it was easy for her to open, and she loves the faces.
heardtheowl
Feb 10, 2010 heardtheowl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-my-babies
This is the very best book you can get for a baby. I've already had to buy 2 since the first one was chewed on.
Ellias
Apr 22, 2012 Ellias rated it really liked it
Grandma Nancy got me this one. It has pictures of babies making different expressions. Mommy shows it to me when I am calm and quiet and sometimes I smile at the babies.
DuPar
DuPar rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2011
Serena Bissonnette
Serena Bissonnette rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2017
Sarah rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Sarah rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2015
christy whiddon
christy whiddon rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2014
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2016
Neuharth Family
Neuharth Family rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Smile!
  • Baby Animals
  • Global Babies
  • Biscuit's Pet  Play Halloween
  • White on Black
  • Philadelphia Chickens: A Too-Illogical Zoological Musical Revue
  • That's Not My Puppy...Its Coat is Too Hairy (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
  • Boats
  • I Kissed the Baby!
  • David Smells! A Diaper David Book: A Diaper David Book
  • Neighborhood Animals (Baby Einstein)
  • Wild Animals (Touch and Feel)
  • Happy Baby Colors
  • Mirror Me!: A Mirror Book (Baby Einstein)
  • Baby Faces (Look Baby! Books)
  • Miss Spider's Tea Party: The Counting Book
  • Ten Little Dinosaurs
  • Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)