Start by marking “Mayflower Maid” as Want to Read:
Mayflower Maid

Mayflower Maid

Told by an old lady who had come over as a young lass on the Mayflower in 1620, Mayflower Maid tells the story of a conscientious group of dissenters from the doctrines of England’s church of state who fled to Holland to avoid persecution for worshipping God as they pleased and then arranged to sail to the New World, where they established the Plymouth colony.

Conscientiou

Published May 28th 2006 by Dorrance Publishing Co. Inc. (first published May 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mayflower Maid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mayflower Maid

Rose
Jul 14, 2011 Rose rated it liked it
Interesting but not engaging

First off, I love historical fiction. It is one of my favorite genres and is normally a page turner for me. The idea for this novel is a great one and I was looking forward to reading it. Unfortunately, "Mayflower Maid" just didn't draw me in the way I had hoped. While there is no doubt that the author can write, I just didn't find the author's style very creative. The way the author introduced historical details was too obvious and straight-forward. The whole first q
Graziano
Sep 19, 2010 Graziano rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-books
Raleigh Bruce Barlowe, a bachelor’s degree in history, is the author of several historical novels, his books are competent describing events really happened.

The historical events: the Mayflower ship sailed in 1620 from England to Plymouth (Massachusetts, United States) with a hundred of English Separatists, known as Pilgrims.
Bet Tilley, the Mayflower Maid, as old woman remembers and tells the story of the founding of the Plymouth colony from the exile in Holland and the perilous voyage across t
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2011
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Donnaelrick Elrick
Donnaelrick Elrick marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Alicia
Alicia added it
Apr 27, 2015
LaShelle
LaShelle marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016