Start by marking “Out of the Box (On the Edge)” as Want to Read:
Out of the Box (On the Edge)

Out of the Box (On The Edge #7)

When she walked into the club, all Virginia wanted was satisfy her curiosity about vampires – and about being bitten. But when Anando reached out to her and asked her what games she wanted to play, he opened the Pandora box and Virginia found answers to questions she had never thought to ask.

Part 1 of 10 from the ‘Out of the Box’ series, this very short story (about 4000 w
ebook
Published by Alinar Publishing (first published March 2nd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Box

Kallysten Kallysten
Feb 27, 2011 Kallysten Kallysten added it  ·  (Review from the author)
How this story came to be...

I had submitted the novella 'All Things Except Blood' to the defunct Venus Press, and when it was accepted I saw that VP had a call for their authors for very short stories to be included in their new 'Confessions' line. If I remember correctly, the maximum length was to be between 4000 and 5000 words. That is *really* short, but I thought it would be an interesting challenge.

I had mentioned the club On The Edge in my first novel CheckMate and said it was a place whe
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
This is the first of Kallysten's work that I have ever read. I took a chance on her based on my friend, Madame D's, recommendation. Let me tell you I was not disappointed!

In this novella is where we find Virginia. Virginia has decided that she was going to find out what it felt like to be up close and personal with a vampire. She had always been facinated with vampires and was surprised that she hadn't slept with one earlier in her life. She decided to go to On the Edge, a vampire-friendly club.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Jul 03, 2011 Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it liked it
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Kiki

Note: This review is for the complete Out of the Box series. Thank you to Madame D's Boudoir (Kiki) and Kallysten for this book.

View on Under the Covers + GIVEAWAY

Kallysten has made a name for herself. As a writer of some hot erotica books, I knew that I would be missing out if I didn’t read any of her work. The Out of the Box series is nothing like what I’ve read before. Each chapter features a different kink that is both intensely hot and alluring. Kallysten gets points for such a cre
Jillyn
Sep 01, 2014 Jillyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The Out of the Box books are a series of short and steamy novellas. I only happen to own the first two, but I will definitely be continuing on with the series. I don't know why I waited so long to get to them.

Book One is where we meet Virginia. She knows that the On the Edge club is a place frequented by vampires. She was curious, and she couldn't resist the urge to see them, to enjoy their bite. It's there that she meets Anando, who though he is swarmed by eager young ladies, chooses h
SATIN SUE
May 25, 2011 SATIN SUE rated it it was amazing
LorettaLynn
Jul 30, 2011 LorettaLynn rated it it was amazing
Out of the Box
by Kallysten

Wow, This was hot and steamy!
And that is for sure.
I think that Virginia curiosity was satisfy.
This was a story i couldnt stop reading intel i was done.
Then i didnt want it to be done.
Out of the Box came so much. The lust was high.
One of the line's from the story was such a breaker for me
"It’s going to sound stupid, but I was going to say, he
dances the same way he makes love."
Come on that just get's your mind doing some crazy stuff!
This was a all around good story.
Kall
Jwezi
Apr 30, 2012 Jwezi rated it liked it
This is a one hot short read again.

I liked how it start that the main character Virginia is just like reminiscing all that had happened between her and Anando (weird name but suits a vampire.

Its about role playing trying to remember their first night together...

Its sweet and steamy!!!

Nichelle
Jun 04, 2011 Nichelle rated it really liked it
It's a pretty good read. I love a good vampire story. The only thing I find hard about the series is the writing in first person. But I guess that is a plus for me that it is in short doses (short story). Anando is very sexy...can't wait to read the next one.
VampireRomanceBooks ThatsErotica
A fantastic intro into the Out of the Box story. The way the story was written felt so real and kept me reading quickly to find out what was going to happen. I can't wait to find out what happens when Virginia returns to Anando. That little box of fantasies is too good to miss.
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
What?! Way too freakin short.

Amazon wants me to write at least 20 words for this review in order to publish it.. Smh.. Funny this first installment felt shorter than that! LOL

Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
May 20, 2011 Jessica `~Blahyze~` rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
I love a good vampiric steamy hot read. This short little number left me wanting to read more and more. I really liked Virginia, she was bold and daring.
Jae
Jun 09, 2011 Jae rated it it was ok
Too short, not much of a going on and very vanilla sex. Nuff said.
April
There is just something about this series that draws you in and hold your attention the whole time. Kallysten really has a talent for crating a beautiful tale that easily enthralls the reader.

Virginia is a great character, being curious myself I could really relate. Anando is delicious and charismatic. Loved this pairing and they make a delightful couple.

This book is beyond steamy!! Oh holy, hot and heavy!!! Seriously sit in a tub of ice while reading this!! Do not make the mistake of reading i
Rebecca A. Rogers
I’m not a big vampire fan, but this had been a freebie once upon a time on Amazon, so I had downloaded it. Unfortunately, the story just didn’t do anything for me.

Virginia is curious about vampires and what it’s like to be bitten, so she decides to enter a vampire club one night. When she’s approached by Anando, she doesn’t hesitate to follow him home, where she learns whether she really enjoys being bitten, as well as what it’s like to have sex with a vamp.

Overall, if your guilty pleasure is r
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
This story we good, but just too short to get into the characters...

______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic eBook Exchange
Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald
I have never listened to any of author Kallysten's stories. I really enjoyed this set. I really enjoyed meeting Virginia and her need and boldness for wanting a vampire. Kallysten brings her work to life and I look forward to more of her stories. She's a very gifted writer and it shows in this set.

Hollie Jackson is a very gifted narrator. I've listened to many of her stories now. She never disappoints and she has this way to immerse you in every story I've ever listened to. Hollie pulled me in a
Jul 03, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it
Lauren
Nov 16, 2014 Lauren rated it liked it

Short, sweet and to the point. The fact that it's a human and a vampire getting it on gives it some bonus points but to be honest it felt like just a sex scene out of a book, Small part of a bigger story. Hopefully others in this series have more content to them.
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
A decent sex scene, but that is all it is. One scene really. I would have liked to have known more about both of them. I was intrigued enough by this very short intro to consider tracking down more parts to the story, but prefer my books come as one piece.
Jessica
Jan 10, 2016 Jessica rated it did not like it
Im definitely just not a fan of her writing style...this one read far too much like a letter from a historical romance for something set in present day. and I just couldn't connect so even the sex scenes were disappointing for me
Amanda
Apr 25, 2012 Amanda rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
This was an enjoyable book. I really loved how the leading lady took charge and was...brave (wink wink) She goes into a vampire bar/club. Her goal? To take one of those deadly sexy men home and she does! My only problem was - this book was way too short.
(Shrug) It was fast, fun read.
Lana
Jan 07, 2013 Lana rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
A woman bored with her life, and a hot vampire ready to give it to her. Cue in the amount of steaminess! It’s a great introduction to Virginia’s world and I can’t wait to read more about these two!
Cindyg
Jun 21, 2013 Cindyg rated it really liked it
So short and oh so sweet.
Love Anando...
Virginia overthinks things...
Definitely reading on...
Recommended Read!
Dena
Dena rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2014
Duncan McCubbine
Duncan McCubbine rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2012
Stephanie Seaver
Stephanie Seaver rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2015
Trisha Burg
Trisha Burg rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2013
Enjoli Gilbert
Enjoli Gilbert rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2011
Brooke
Brooke rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Just One Taste (The V V Inn, #0.5)
  • One Bite
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
  • Blood in the Marsh
  • Fresh Blood
  • Lights, Camera...Monsters (Monsters in Hollywood, #1)
  • Clever is as Clever Does: Story 2 (A Fairy Tale Romance)
  • A Storm of Love, A Novella
  • Lord Demon's Delight (Demons of Dunmore, #1)
  • I Witch
  • Marked (City of the Damned, #1)
  • Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bryght (Orion, #1)
  • Deadly Crimson (Spark of Magic, #3)
  • Hidden by Blood (Sweetblood, #1.5)
  • Spirit Lifter (Phantom Lovers #4)
  • Instructing Adam
  • Bride's Holiday Gift (Star Brides #3)
  • Dance With a Vampire
Kallysten is a writer of romance novels and short stories, most of them with paranormal elements.

Her first eBooks were published by Linden Bay Romance in 2005. The defunct Venus Press subsequently published a few of her short stories. Because so many of her stories are linked as series and part of the same universe, she decided it would make sense to have them all in the same place, which is why s
More about Kallysten...

On The Edge (10 books)
  • Before The Edge
  • On the Edge (On the Edge, #1)
  • Over The Edge