Start by marking “Vanity (V, #7)” as Want to Read:
Vanity (V, #7)

Vanity (V #7)

Kad su je stegnule neznančeve ruke, Octavia Morgan je shvatila da je upravo počinila najveću grešku svojeg života. Džeparenje se činilo kao jedino rješenje njezine očajne situacije. No sad je uhvaćena, a slijedi još gore. Jer opasno privlačan muškarac, kojeg je upravo opljačkala, nije obična žrtva, već najzloglasniji drumski razbojnik u Engleskoj. Opterećen svojom ...more
Published December 1st 1995 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Vanity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vanity

Elle
The story starts with three boys arguing over whose turn it is to fly a kite. One falls (perhaps not accidentally) and dies. He was the heir, and of the other two, twins, Collum is the eldest. But Phillip, the family's golden boy, accuses him.

Years later, highwayman Lord Nick is caught in the crowd as two of his merry men are hanged. He feels a flutter at his pocket, and sure enough, his pocket watch is gone. As the cries of "thief" go up, the beautiful Madonna next to him swoons. Nick isn't fo
Grace Kelley
Aug 17, 2016 Grace Kelley rated it it was ok
Umm, is anyone forgetting that he practically drugs her and rapes her for this romance to get going? The "oh I used a condom" bullshit aside I was upset to read that he practically took her virginity while she was drugged and asleep in his room. Octavia should have stayed in the chair. Rape starting this relationship, no one forget that.

The beginning chapters were the most upsetting ones. First she's kidnapped by that freak, taken against her will to his little hideaway, made to suffer, and he d
FeelNotFight
Nov 04, 2016 FeelNotFight rated it it was amazing
I like it, maybe not perfect but I enjoyed this book. I need more books translated into polish language! :D Petition !
Rema
Mar 18, 2016 Rema rated it did not like it
I just didn't like this. At all. Especially after it was undoubtedly confirmed that Cullum raped Olivia. It was just too hard to digest after that. He disgusted me.

The characters were all just so awful and lacking in every respect. I'd read Valentine before this and I just kept comparing Theo and Sylvester with the characters here, and Olivia and Cullum were hopelessly lacking in the magnetic appeal and charm of the former pair.

Octavia is horrifyingly stupid. Or maybe stupidly oblivious. She ag
Andrea
Oct 14, 2012 Andrea rated it liked it
mind candy! the magic of escape Reread after many years.

Jane Feather sets this book in 1762, during the reign of George III (the Hanovarian line of the British monarchs). During a few of the V novels (titles all begin with a V) Feather addresses social issues of the times that do not allow members of the lower classes redress for violence done to people or property.

Octavia Morgan supports herself and her aging father by her adventures as a pick-pocket. However at the hanging of two highwayment,
Adriana
Vanity by Jane Feather

I’ve read this complete series and enjoyed it. If you’re interested in historical romance Ms. Feather is the go to author.

The description of the book I am listing below is from the back jacket of the book. I'm adding it because I believe the one on the Goodreads page does not depict this story.

As the stranger's arms closed around her, Octavia Morgan knew she'd just made the biggest mistake of her life. Picking pockets had seemed the only answer to her desperate plight. Bu
Diane Rapport
Jan 07, 2016 Diane Rapport rated it liked it
Octavia is a young woman used to a certain standard of life. When her father loses the family fortune and sinks into a deep depression, she does what she must to keep a roof over their head and food on the table. In this case, she becomes a pick-pocket. Unfortunately, she picks the pocket of a notorious highwayman, and he is determined to make her pay. He himself has a secret past, and he is determined to seek retribution for crimes against him. Octavia may be just the partner he needs to gain ...more
Lisa
Jul 13, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Monique Takens
Jan 25, 2015 Monique Takens rated it really liked it
Niet het meest romantische boek wat ik ooit gelezen heb , maar de langzaam groeiende liefde en de innerlijke strijd van de hoofdpersonen + de erotische en spannende scenes maken dit boek ondanks het slechte begin zeer de moeite waard .

Not the most romantic book I have ever read , but the slowly groing love and the inner struggle of the H and h + the erotic and tense scene's make this book even though the beginning is nasty a worthy read .

Mystikfire
Mar 06, 2013 Mystikfire rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-keepers
This story actually had me holding back many tears, it was catching and well written with the perfect suspense of characters. It was neither too fast or slow and well paced for a beautiful romantic read!
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2009
Darlene Lane
Darlene Lane rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2009
Cynde mitchell
Cynde mitchell rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2009
Yolanda
Yolanda rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2010
Sahara
Sahara rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2012
Liliflaj
Liliflaj rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Sheila
Sheila rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2010
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2009
Pamela Belsham
Pamela Belsham rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Alyssa Blaine B
Alyssa Blaine B rated it it was ok
Jun 11, 2007
Mary Lauer
Mary Lauer rated it liked it
May 09, 2012
Anne Chateau
Anne Chateau rated it did not like it
Aug 08, 2010
Kelle
Kelle rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2007
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2011
YBoaa
YBoaa rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2013
Karen  Boruff
Karen Boruff rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2013
Karen Mabus
Karen Mabus rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Margaret Von Bevern
Margaret Von Bevern rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Bebe
Bebe rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2013
  • Dark of the Moon
  • Midnight Star (Star, #2)
  • Seduced
  • Reason to Believe
  • Lily
  • The Pirate's Jewel (Pirate, #2)
  • Midnight Lady
  • Tonight or Never
  • A Touch of Sin (St. John-Duras, #4)
  • Born to Love (Night Riders, #3)
  • The Warrior Trilogy (White Lion’s Lady, Black Lion’s Bride, Lady of Valor) (Warrior, #1-3)
  • Splendor
  • The Training of a Marquess
  • Deceived
  • Chance The Winds of Fortune (Dominick, #2)
  • Raiders of Spanish Peaks
Jane Robotham was born on 1945 in Cairo, Egypt, where her British parents were stationated. She grew up in New Forest, in the south of England. She earned a Master’s Degree in Applied Social Studies from Oxford University. In 1978, she, her husband and their three children moved to New Jersey. There, she worked as a social worker. She began writing in 1981 after another move, this time to ...more
More about Jane Feather...

V (8 books)