Start by marking “Spoils of War” as Want to Read:
Spoils of War

Spoils of War

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The Civil War had been hard on everyone, but Celia Weston felt as if she personally had taken the brunt of it. Left alone on what had once been her family's beautiful estate, she had to scrimp and scrape just to survive, reduced to living like an animal while she tried to take care of her beloved mother, whose mind had been crippled by her great losses.

Trey Oaks had been o
ebook
Published March 29th 2010 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Spoils of War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spoils of War

Katerina Kinsley
Celia Watson was desperately trying to survive the Civil War. Her father and brothers were gone and likely weren’t coming back. Her mother had surrendered to dementia and needed constant care. And her home had long since been abused by passing enemy troops. Her days of debutante balls and fancy gowns had given way to basic survival and unsightly rags. But this new way of life surrendered to another the day Aaron Denehy captured Celia when she was out foraging for food.

Aaron arrived at Trey Oaks
Sue Lyndon
Patricia Green
I enjoyed many aspects of this book, however I do not feel it's her best work. The reader is left to make many assumptions about the character of Celia, but her behavior is contradictory. She's tough and capable (as proven by her ability to keep her mother and herself alive throughout the war), but somehow she's also soft and spoiled as a Southern belle.

The historical aspects of this book are well done, and the D/s and corporal punishment was believable.

A decent book overall.
Dianne
I enjoyed this book but was disappointed when I found a whole chapter had been repeated!

The storyline was very good. The discipline was a little too heavy handed but it didn't take away my enjoyment of the book. I would have liked a slightly longer ending, it felt rushed and I wanted to learn Celia's thoughts and feelings. Even with a few problems I enjoyed this book very much.
Alicia
In typical Carolyn Faulkner fashion this is one good historical romance with harsh discipline all the way thru it. Spoils of war is definitly not your typical romance but does have a HEA in the end.
Cassandra Carr
This book would've gotten a higher rating from me, but the first sex scenes are definitely rape-y. That turned me off.
Caroline
I rather liked this spanking romance but gosh her bottom must have been permanently sore.
Laru
Laru marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Kagome
Kagome added it
Jun 25, 2014
Ella Whitefeather
Ella Whitefeather marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Ssh
Ssh added it
Mar 08, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Lashonda
Lashonda marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Submissive Desires Kept Second Chances Gilded Cage Prima (Prima, #1)