Start by marking “Spoils of War” as Want to Read:
Spoils of War

Spoils of War

The Civil War had been hard on everyone, but Celia Weston felt as if she personally had taken the brunt of it. Left alone on what had once been her family's beautiful estate, she had to scrimp and scrape just to survive, reduced to living like an animal while she tried to take care of her beloved mother, whose mind had been crippled by her great losses.

Trey Oaks had been o
ebook
Published March 29th 2010 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Spoils of War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spoils of War

Trish
Jan 25, 2016 Trish rated it really liked it
This is a rather dark look into the post Civil War south. Celia is torn between what is necessary to survive and what she has been raised to believe. Aaron sees in the dilapidated property a chance to build his own future. Initially Celia is just part of the deal and a chance to provide a little payback but her determination and commitment wins him over. Aaron has dark tastes that Celia discovers she craves. So join them on their journey and read the Spoils of War. You will not regret it.
Patricia Green
Dec 29, 2010 Patricia Green rated it liked it
I enjoyed many aspects of this book, however I do not feel it's her best work. The reader is left to make many assumptions about the character of Celia, but her behavior is contradictory. She's tough and capable (as proven by her ability to keep her mother and herself alive throughout the war), but somehow she's also soft and spoiled as a Southern belle.

The historical aspects of this book are well done, and the D/s and corporal punishment was believable.

A decent book overall.
Katerina Kinsley
Dec 16, 2012 Katerina Kinsley rated it it was amazing
Celia Watson was desperately trying to survive the Civil War. Her father and brothers were gone and likely weren’t coming back. Her mother had surrendered to dementia and needed constant care. And her home had long since been abused by passing enemy troops. Her days of debutante balls and fancy gowns had given way to basic survival and unsightly rags. But this new way of life surrendered to another the day Aaron Denehy captured Celia when she was out foraging for food.

Aaron arrived at Trey Oaks
Jimmy Smith
Mar 09, 2015 Jimmy Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

This book kept my interest from start to finish, it was not as harsh as some reviews suggested. A sweet poignant love story. There were a lot of historical elements in the book concerning the plight of the South after the war. There was a lot of rebuilding going on and everyone was involved. There was a great ending.
Sue Lyndon
Oct 09, 2011 Sue Lyndon rated it really liked it
Dianne
Mar 30, 2013 Dianne rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book but was disappointed when I found a whole chapter had been repeated!

The storyline was very good. The discipline was a little too heavy handed but it didn't take away my enjoyment of the book. I would have liked a slightly longer ending, it felt rushed and I wanted to learn Celia's thoughts and feelings. Even with a few problems I enjoyed this book very much.
Alicia
Sep 09, 2012 Alicia rated it it was amazing
In typical Carolyn Faulkner fashion this is one good historical romance with harsh discipline all the way thru it. Spoils of war is definitly not your typical romance but does have a HEA in the end.
Cassandra Carr
Jan 30, 2013 Cassandra Carr rated it liked it
This book would've gotten a higher rating from me, but the first sex scenes are definitely rape-y. That turned me off.
Caroline
Jun 02, 2012 Caroline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kink-stuff
I rather liked this spanking romance but gosh her bottom must have been permanently sore.
ISS
ISS added it
Sep 13, 2016
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Ronnie
Ronnie added it
Jun 13, 2016
s/c
s/c marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
PC
PC rated it liked it
May 10, 2016
Tricia Lenhart
Tricia Lenhart rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Jiha
Jiha marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Roxan
Roxan marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Renate
Renate marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
mms
mms rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Farah
Farah marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Joanie M
Joanie M marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Shosh
Shosh added it
Oct 02, 2015
Katya_Mee
Katya_Mee rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Gee
Gee added it
Aug 17, 2015
Tanya
Tanya rated it did not like it
Jul 21, 2015