Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery

Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In this book you will learn how to break the chains of your mental slavery by ordering this new book by one of the world's outstanding experts on the African-American mind.
Published December 1st 1984 by New Mind Productions (first published April 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery

Owen
The two essays within are interesting and thought-provoking but also overly simplistic. The first argues that the character of African Americans today are built directly on experiences during slavery. The second argues that depicting God as White teaches Black children to feel inferior.
Erika Carruth
This book is the best, most thorough explanation of why black people support, defend and like Tyler Perry.
*jai
this is an excellent book for all black people living in a eurocentric world. i highly recommend it and think all black people should read it. if your image of divinity and creativity and power and all things good is white, then you will continue to suffer until you rid your mind of all these destructive images on the black psyche and take back your natural power that you were born with.
Gl1205
Great book and it was also short and to the point. Some may feel that this book was a bit too short, but I feel that if he would have kept going on and on that it would have gotten redundant and I would have forgotten what the topics were about and eventually put the book down. Now I can quickly go on to other books that he has written that are of interest to me.
Lorenzo
Even though a Short Read,EVERYTIME I read it OVER it gave me a DIFFERENT LIGHT on Slavery!And HOW our BODY'S are FREE,but our MIND'S are STILL LOCKED UP!!!
Phillip Boyd
I wished he kept going, but the book is short.
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Jacoby Hill
Jacoby Hill marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Leon Crenshaw
Leon Crenshaw marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Sharice Frieson
Sharice Frieson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Ephraim sitsha
Ephraim sitsha marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Marlon.a
Marlon.a marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Radwan Aziz
Radwan Aziz marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Deandre Howard
Deandre Howard marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Marcus Demond
Marcus Demond marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Christopher Nazareth
Christopher Nazareth marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Dwain Fuselier
Dwain Fuselier marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Gerald Woodall
Gerald Woodall marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Tracy Floyd
Tracy Floyd marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Mahalia Charles
Mahalia Charles marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dr. Na'im Akbar has been acclaimed by Essence Magazine as "one of the world's preeminent Psychologists and a pioneer in the development of an African-centered approach in modern psychology." Akbar has served as Associate Professor at Norfolk State University, was Chairman of the Morehouse College Psychology Department and is currently on the faculty in the Department of Psychology at Florida State...more
More about Na'im Akbar...
Breaking the Chains of Psychological Slavery Visions for Black Men Know Thyself The Community of Self Light from Ancient Africa