Start by marking “Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery” as Want to Read:
Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery

Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery

In this book you will learn how to break the chains of your mental slavery by ordering this new book by one of the world's outstanding experts on the African-American mind.
Published December 1st 1984 by New Mind Productions (first published April 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery

Owen
The two essays within are interesting and thought-provoking but also overly simplistic. The first argues that the character of African Americans today are built directly on experiences during slavery. The second argues that depicting God as White teaches Black children to feel inferior.
Erika Carruth
Apr 24, 2011 Erika Carruth rated it it was amazing
This book is the best, most thorough explanation of why black people support, defend and like Tyler Perry.
MasterThySelf
Nov 09, 2013 MasterThySelf rated it really liked it
Great book and it was also short and to the point. Some may feel that this book was a bit too short, but I feel that if he would have kept going on and on that it would have gotten redundant and I would have forgotten what the topics were about and eventually put the book down. Now I can quickly go on to other books that he has written that are of interest to me.
*jai
May 07, 2014 *jai rated it it was amazing
this is an excellent book for all black people living in a eurocentric world. i highly recommend it and think all black people should read it. if your image of divinity and creativity and power and all things good is white, then you will continue to suffer until you rid your mind of all these destructive images on the black psyche and take back your natural power that you were born with.
Lorenzo
Even though a Short Read,EVERYTIME I read it OVER it gave me a DIFFERENT LIGHT on Slavery!And HOW our BODY'S are FREE,but our MIND'S are STILL LOCKED UP!!!
Phillip Boyd
Feb 09, 2013 Phillip Boyd rated it liked it
I wished he kept going, but the book is short.
Dejiariyo
Mar 27, 2013 Dejiariyo rated it liked it
great book
Kev
Kev rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2008
Felicia Hollis
Felicia Hollis rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2016
Travelle Hobley
Travelle Hobley rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2013
Jeremiah
Jeremiah rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Leroy Hamilton
Leroy Hamilton rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2013
Shabazz Pizazz
Shabazz Pizazz rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2012
Nathaniel
Nathaniel rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2012
Sherellbe1
Sherellbe1 rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2008
Cozmoel Theministerofculture
Cozmoel Theministerofculture rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
Twreid6gmail.com
Twreid6gmail.com rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2014
Khaqan Butt
Khaqan Butt rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2014
TyLonnie
TyLonnie rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2012
Malcolm X
Malcolm X rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2014
Jerald Noble
Jerald Noble rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Paris
Paris rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Maliace
Maliace rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Elgin
Elgin rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2008
Terry Lewis
Terry Lewis rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2015
Richard Clark
Richard Clark rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2012
Armand Keith
Armand Keith rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2011
Blair Danielslll
Blair Danielslll rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2014
Robert Bell
Robert Bell rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2014
Yohanan EliYah
Yohanan EliYah rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2013
  • The Debt: What America Owes to Blacks
  • Christianity Before Christ
  • How Capitalism Underdeveloped Black America: Problems in Race, Political Economy, and Society (Updated Edition)
  • Melanin: What Makes Black People Black
  • For Adam's Sake: A Family Saga in Colonial New England
  • Black Rage: Two Black Psychiatrists Reveal the Full Dimensions of the Inner Conflicts and the Desperation of Black Life in the United States
  • The Dozens: A History of Rap's Mama
  • I Dreamt I Was in Heaven - The Rampage of the Rufus Buck Gang
  • The World Has Changed: Conversations with Alice Walker
  • Want to Start a Revolution?: Radical Women in the Black Freedom Struggle
  • We Are Everywhere: The Irresistible Rise of Global Anti-Capitalism
  • Don't Bring Home a White Boy: And Other Notions that Keep Black Women From Dating Out
  • Political Parties
  • The Essential Book of Useless Information: The Most Unimportant Things You'll Never Need to Know (The New York Times Bestselling)
  • Sellout: The Politics of Racial Betrayal
  • America Street: A Multicultural Anthology of Stories
  • Teach Yourself Film Studies
  • By Any Greens Necessary: A Revolutionary Guide for Black Women Who Want to Eat Great, Get Healthy, Lose Weight, and Look Phat
Dr. Na'im Akbar has been acclaimed by Essence Magazine as "one of the world's preeminent Psychologists and a pioneer in the development of an African-centered approach in modern psychology." Akbar has served as Associate Professor at Norfolk State University, was Chairman of the Morehouse College Psychology Department and is currently on the faculty in the Department of Psychology at Florida State ...more
More about Na'im Akbar...