Start by marking “Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery” as Want to Read:
Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery

Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In this book you will learn how to break the chains of your mental slavery by ordering this new book by one of the world's outstanding experts on the African-American mind.
Published December 1st 1984 by New Mind Productions (first published April 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery

Owen
The two essays within are interesting and thought-provoking but also overly simplistic. The first argues that the character of African Americans today are built directly on experiences during slavery. The second argues that depicting God as White teaches Black children to feel inferior.
Erika Carruth
This book is the best, most thorough explanation of why black people support, defend and like Tyler Perry.
*jai
this is an excellent book for all black people living in a eurocentric world. i highly recommend it and think all black people should read it. if your image of divinity and creativity and power and all things good is white, then you will continue to suffer until you rid your mind of all these destructive images on the black psyche and take back your natural power that you were born with.
Gl1205
Great book and it was also short and to the point. Some may feel that this book was a bit too short, but I feel that if he would have kept going on and on that it would have gotten redundant and I would have forgotten what the topics were about and eventually put the book down. Now I can quickly go on to other books that he has written that are of interest to me.
Lorenzo
Even though a Short Read,EVERYTIME I read it OVER it gave me a DIFFERENT LIGHT on Slavery!And HOW our BODY'S are FREE,but our MIND'S are STILL LOCKED UP!!!
Phillip Boyd
I wished he kept going, but the book is short.
James
James added it
Jul 23, 2015
Gregory Lightfoot
Gregory Lightfoot marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Kirsten Vacca
Kirsten Vacca marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Nafnaj Optonline.Net
Nafnaj Optonline.Net marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Odyssesy
Odyssesy marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Andre Brown
Andre Brown marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Raymond Cameron
Raymond Cameron marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Richard G
Richard G marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Vernon Ulmer
Vernon Ulmer marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Micaela Mackey
Micaela Mackey marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Kenyae Shabazz
Kenyae Shabazz marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Ameen Salaam
Ameen Salaam marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Beverly Fowlkes
Beverly Fowlkes marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Akbar Naeem
Akbar Naeem marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Floyd McArthur
Floyd McArthur marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Leonard Royal
Leonard Royal marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Dr. Na'im Akbar has been acclaimed by Essence Magazine as "one of the world's preeminent Psychologists and a pioneer in the development of an African-centered approach in modern psychology." Akbar has served as Associate Professor at Norfolk State University, was Chairman of the Morehouse College Psychology Department and is currently on the faculty in the Department of Psychology at Florida State ...more
More about Na'im Akbar...
Breaking the Chains of Psychological Slavery Know Thyself Visions for Black Men The Community of Self Light from Ancient Africa