Start by marking “We'll Meet Again” as Want to Read:
We'll Meet Again

We'll Meet Again

In Liverpool in 1942, seventeen-year-old Frankie Franconi falls in love with charismatic British officer Nick Harper. He gives her a business card with a Baker Street address, and suggests she put her skills to good use. Within a month Frankie has joined the FANYs and started her training. Stationed first in England, then Africa, and finally Italy, Frankie and her fellow ...more
Published October 1st 2005 by Hodder & Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about We'll Meet Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We'll Meet Again

Hannah
Mar 24, 2016 Hannah rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical
Had potential but failed to deliver.
Neither the action nor the romance was particularly convincing.
Months pass by in a twinkling. Events happen because that's where the author drags the plot. It never seems to arise naturally from the characters or situation. There is very little suspense, no chance that a character you care about will be killed or turn out to be a traitor.

I did enjoy reading about Frankie's training and her troubles in relating to the other women. I found the action packed endi
Bowerbird
Jun 08, 2013 Bowerbird rated it it was ok
I had never heard of the FANYs when I started reading this book.
Somehow I was expecting great things as it seemed to be a fascinating basis for a good story. But although it began well with Frankie's first meeting with Nick during an air-raid, I was disappointed to find that so much of it became rather school dorm. ie bitching, secret liaisons and cameraderie, and all a bit too predictable.
The real action was confined to the beginning and the end when there was some actual tension in the writing
Emma
Feb 14, 2008 Emma rated it really liked it
Really good book. I enjoyed seeing how the women of the war were as needed as the men! I loved watching the relationship between nick and frankie blossom and how they kept getting seperated and reunited.

Would recommend to everyone!
Jo Barton
Nov 21, 2009 Jo Barton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whilst in an air raid shelter Gina Franconi meets British Officer Nick Harper. This encounter leads her into an adventurous time in WW2 as part of the group FANYs. I enjoyed this wartime story, and have been encouraged to look for other books by this author.
Samantha
Aug 04, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing
I absolutely Love this Type of Book I don't even Care that Most of Them are along the Same Lines .. They are Just a Brilliant Read .. Always Great to Read about What the Women Did in The War ;)
Sarah Fuller
Sarah Fuller rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2013
Diane Hiscock
Diane Hiscock rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Janice Jacobs
Janice Jacobs rated it really liked it
May 15, 2014
Jess
Jess rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2014
Hannah Barran
Hannah Barran rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2011
Emma Willmer
Emma Willmer rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2013
Charlie Mortimer
Charlie Mortimer rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2015
Emilia
Emilia rated it liked it
May 03, 2016
Samantha Hopkins
Samantha Hopkins rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Aquaruis
Aquaruis rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2014
Cannizaro
Cannizaro rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2012
Mark Noce
Mark Noce rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Jemmy
Jemmy rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2014
Carole Rodgers
Carole Rodgers rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2013
Perksofbeingnorthern
Perksofbeingnorthern rated it it was ok
May 24, 2014
Bee Hoon Tee
Sep 28, 2013 Bee Hoon Tee rated it it was amazing
touching
Gemma Digweed
Gemma Digweed rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2013
Rachel Mckenna
Rachel Mckenna rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2014
Nicky Mottram
Nicky Mottram rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2013
Joan Jones
Joan Jones rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2014
Nick
Nick rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2013
Mairead
Mairead rated it it was ok
Dec 02, 2013
Barbara Minne
Dec 12, 2012 Barbara Minne rated it it was amazing
Brilliant
« previous 1 3 next »
Hilary Green is a trained actress and spent many years teaching drama. She has always written, producing novels, scripts for the BBC, and short stories, one of which one the Kythira Prize awarded by the Historical Novel Society.

When not writing she gardens, rides horses, walks in the countryside and plays bridge as well as enjoying travel and has been round the world several times. Hilary is marr
More about Hilary Green...