Start by marking “When Thou Art Converted: Continuing Our Search for Happiness” as Want to Read:
When Thou Art Converted: Continuing Our Search for Happiness

When Thou Art Converted: Continuing Our Search for Happiness

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  24 reviews

"Being a Christian, being spiritually born of God, is not a Sunday-only thing," writes Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. "Nor is it limited to our service and asociations in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

In When Thou Art Converted, Elder Ballard shows us that we manifest our belief in Christ and our acceptance of Him as our

Published October 1st 2001 by Deseret Book Co

To ask other readers questions about When Thou Art Converted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Thou Art Converted

The Book of Mormon by Joseph Smith Jr.Jesus the Christ by James E. TalmageHoly Bible by AnonymousStanding for Something by Gordon B. HinckleyThe Miracle of Forgiveness by Spencer W. Kimball
Best LDS non-fiction
76th out of 190 books — 231 voters
Star of Wonder by Paige W. PendletonCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteEdna in the Desert by Maddy LedermanBEST RECIPES FROM EASTERN EUROPE by Sahara SandersThe Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Longing for the Country Life
79th out of 151 books — 33 voters

More lists with this book...

Jackie
Dec 27, 2014 Jackie added it
Page 66- We must have personal, spiritual experiences to anchor us. These come through seeking them in the same intense, single-minded way that a hungry person seeks food.
Ammon Hallsted
It was good! Not spectacular. It definitely described some doctrine that I'd been looking for, most of the rest was full of nice explanations and sweet stories.
David Robbins
Excellent book!
Ruth Ann
This book speaks to me. I read it two years ago and started again to prepare for a lesson in RS. This book was written as an continuation of his book, "Our search for happiness," which was originally written for people who were investigating the gospel. This book gives me hope and help. You know how some books seem to be written for you...this one I relate to.
Cristy
Really liked some of Elder Ballards thoughts about "feasting" on the words of Christ, and how he said it's not just enough to read 1 verse a day. Needed that kick in the pants to get me going on really studying my scriptures again.
Lexee Russell
I always wondered why Peter was so determined to follow the Savior, but then denied him three times. This book gives great insights into that struggle, which a lot of us face.
Charity
This is an excellent book! It's for members of the church instead of his prior book Our search for happiness for people investigating the church.
Nathan
What I enjoyed the most about this book were the stories Elder Ballard tells about teaching his children and grand-children.
Gretchen
what to do when you are converted--how does it change your life and the lives of those around you? I liked this book
Sheree
This was a great book - wonderful stories! Charity, thanks for letting me borrow it! I really enjoyed it.
Zach Alleman
I got this book on my my mission. I loved it then, and I loved it during this second reading.
Jeff
One of my favorite "guide books" on how to live a good life and be a good Latter-day Saint.
Alissa
It was nice to be reminded of the most important things in life and what my priorities should be.
Ted Gambles
A great book to remind each of us our commitment to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Amie
Mar 13, 2015 Amie marked it as to-read
DNF, reading other churchy non-fiction, so i'll come back to it later.
Jason
Not as memorable as the first book, but still a good one.
Tyler
Great book. I love Elder Ballards stories.
Michael
Great book on how to become converted.
Chris Condie
Wonderful book. Very easy, fast read.
Mary Wescott
One of the best LDS books written.
Lisa Withers
Katie Bowen
Great sense of humor!
Erika
This book is amazing!
Joe Spencer
Not much to say.
Christine Anne
Christine Anne marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
creativate
creativate marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Kellie
Kellie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
  • The Promise of Discipleship
  • Teach Ye Diligently
  • Be Your Best Self
  • The Lord's Way
  • Promised Messiah: The First Coming of Christ
  • Christ and the New Covenant: The Messianic Message of the Book of Mormon
  • Discourses of Brigham Young: Second President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  • Faith Precedes the Miracle
  • Because He First Loved Us
  • Finding Peace, Happiness, and Joy
  • Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley
  • The World and the Prophets (The Collected Works of Hugh Nibley, Volume 3)
  • Gospel Doctrine: Sermons and Writings of President Joseph F. Smith (Classics in Mormon Literature)
M. Russell Ballard was called to be a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Oct. 6, 1985.

He was born to Melvin R. and Geraldine Smith Ballard. He attended the University of Utah. He served as a counselor to the president of the British Mission. He has been a bishop twice and a high councilor in two stakes. In 1974, he was called as president
More about M. Russell Ballard...
Our Search for Happiness Counseling With Our Councils: Learning To Minister Together In The Church And In The Family Daughters of God One Drop at a Time Suicide: Some Things We Know, and Some We Do Not