Just Your Type: Create the Relationship You've Always Wanted Using the Secrets of Personality Type

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Discover how the secrets of Personality Type can enliven your love life! Learn the real reason why your strong quiet type has trouble expressing his feelings. Or why your social butterfly is always flirting...or why the neatnik in your life just can't leave that dirty sock where it is...or why the hopeless romantic really is blinded by the stars in his eyes. Whether you're...more
Published January 14th 2000 by Little, Brown and Company (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Just Your Type, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Your Type

Jessie
Again, I am very intersted in personality traits. If you can pinpoint your spouses and your own personality type (out of 16 different combinations) then you can read about your marriage relationship. It is crazy how much of it is true. They offer up suggestions for both partners in how to make that particular combination better as a whole. It is great! I also highly recommend this one to anyone who is married.
Leslie Jem
Very helpful; I found out that I am an INFJ.
Nga
I will start off by stating that I am a true hopeless romantic. Now with that being said, I believe each individual is different and unique in their own way. You can group us by categories (men, women, children, teens, etc) or by features (blonde, brunette, etc) , but to group types of people based off of our personality types and relationship skills is very hard to do if impossible.

I read this book because I dated a man who believed this book would help him bridge the gap and help him form a b...more
Crystal
Sep 03, 2007 Crystal rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people in relationships who work to improve them
This book, like all the books by the Baron-Tiegers, is a great book. I did not read every single page, because I'm not every single couple combination possible, which is what this book spells out. there is a chart after the introductions and explanations of type and type interaction that breaks couples' combinations down by page. Find you and your partner's type combination and flip to that page. It was almost uncanny how accurate and insightful the comments were, and the authors not only descri...more
Heather
Feb 23, 2008 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who are trying to learn about personality types
Recommended to Heather by: self
This book is about the 16 Myers-Briggs personality types. It helps you understand yourself, and if you can figure out people in your life, it helps you understand them, too. I love learning about personality types and find this book interesting.
Kristina
It was okay. It was informative and I do see the merit in using type to improve your relationships. I'm not too keen on using type to find love relationships. I think in the real world it would end up disastrous for the most part.
Gina Lynette
Incredibly insightful. If you love Myers-Briggs, this will be right up your alley.
Paul
Top 5 Greatest books EVER!
Jacqui
Jacqui marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Lynne Aoki
Lynne Aoki marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Mary Beth
Mary Beth marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Kishen Gajjar
Kishen Gajjar marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
raja
raja added it
Jun 10, 2014
GT
GT marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Through his ground-breaking book Do What You Are, Paul Tieger changed how career counseling is conducted around the world. The author of five books on Personality type and the preeminent expert in this field, Paul has helped over one million people find career satisfaction and success. On any given day, Do What You Are is the most or second most popular career book on Amazon.com.

from http://www.pe...more
More about Paul D. Tieger...
Do What You Are : Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type The Art of Speed Reading People: How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language Nurture by Nature: How to Raise Happy, Healthy, Responsible Children Through the Insights of Personality Type Nurture by Nature: Understand Your Child's Personality Type - And Become a Better Parent