Start by marking “Mary Anne and the Memory Garden (The Baby-Sitters Club, #93)” as Want to Read:
Mary Anne and the Memory Garden (The Baby-Sitters Club, #93)

Mary Anne and the Memory Garden (The Baby-Sitters Club #93)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  397 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Learning that her friend and English partner Amelia Freeman has died in a tragic accident during spring break, a devastated Mary Anne is unable to overcome her sorrow and decides to do something special to remember her friend.
Published January 1st 1996 by Apple (first published December 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Mary Anne and the Memory Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mary Anne and the Memory Garden

my bias against mary anne strikes again. okay, so, mary anne's english class is doing a group project on william shakespeare. mary anne is assigned to a group with gordon brown (who was a good sport about having to partner with howie johnson on the egg baby project), barbara hirsch, & amelia freeman. barbara & amelia are best friends & mary anne likes both of them, though we have never heard of them before. they decide to write a newspaper about shakespeare's historical time period, ...more
Laura Hughes
Mary Anne enjoys getting closer to Amelia Freeman, a girl she knew slightly, through a group English project. When Amelia is suddenly killed by a drunk driver, everyone is shocked. Mary Anne becomes depressed, and returns to her old counselor Dr. Reese. After reading letters where Dawn describes cleaning up an old vacant lot with neighborhood kids, Mary Anne decides to plant a garden in Amelia’s memory. While the grief and permanence of her friend’s death remain insoluble problems, by the end of ...more
Samantha Glasser
I don't remember this book, but I have an old diary where I wrote a note to my friend apologizing for laughing at her for crying when she read this. I told her, "I am crying too."

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
I'll admit it, I got teary eyed. Mary Anne and the Memory Garden is a BSC book where the girls learn to cope in their own way after a classmate is tragically killed. I like the BSC books where they deal with an issue like this.
At this point in my BSC reading career, I vaguely recall being disappointed at the random new things that would seem thrown into the books. Mary Anne was my favorite character, but she seemed way too sappy in this book.
Rachel Brand
I remember reading this at the age of nine and thinking about how different it was from the usual BSC books. They'd dealt with serious issues in the past, but this book just had a generally serious feel all throughout.
In which a character we know nothing about and have never seen before - meh, maybe she was mentioned in passing in a previous book to set this one up, but not much - dies and MA is traumatized.
Aw, this one was sad. Quite a good book, so different to any of the previous ones.
Noa marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Nadia Lian
Nadia Lian marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Justine Barnes
Justine Barnes marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Richa marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
Annabelle Hillside
Annabelle Hillside marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
nicole shaver
nicole shaver marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Bri added it
Sep 14, 2015
  • The Middle School Gets Married (Sweet Valley Twins and Friends #68)
  • Battlecry Forever! (Thoroughbred: Ashleigh's Collection)
  • Peer Pressure (Girl Talk, #9)
  • Team Play (Saddle Club, #15)
  • Aisha Goes Wild (Making Out, #8)
  • She Died Too Young (One Last Wish, #9)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)