Start by marking “Mary Anne and the Memory Garden (The Baby-Sitters Club, #93)” as Want to Read:
Mary Anne and the Memory Garden (The Baby-Sitters Club, #93)

Mary Anne and the Memory Garden (The Baby-Sitters Club #93)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  415 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
After a fun winter break, Mary Anne is glad to be back at SMS. She's excited about her English project, and optimistic about the weeks ahead.

Nothing could have prepared Mary Anne for the awful news that Amelia Freeman, a friend and a partner on her English project has suddenly died.

Everyone at school is shocked and saddened. Gradually the other kids recover. But Mary Anne
Published January 1996 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Mary Anne and the Memory Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mary Anne and the Memory Garden

Ciara
Apr 06, 2011 Ciara rated it did not like it
my bias against mary anne strikes again. okay, so, mary anne's english class is doing a group project on william shakespeare. mary anne is assigned to a group with gordon brown (who was a good sport about having to partner with howie johnson on the egg baby project), barbara hirsch, & amelia freeman. barbara & amelia are best friends & mary anne likes both of them, though we have never heard of them before. they decide to write a newspaper about shakespeare's historical time period, ...more
Laura Hughes
Mar 09, 2015 Laura Hughes rated it liked it
Shelves: babysitters-club
Mary Anne enjoys getting closer to Amelia Freeman, a girl she knew slightly, through a group English project. When Amelia is suddenly killed by a drunk driver, everyone is shocked. Mary Anne becomes depressed, and returns to her old counselor Dr. Reese. After reading letters where Dawn describes cleaning up an old vacant lot with neighborhood kids, Mary Anne decides to plant a garden in Amelia’s memory. While the grief and permanence of her friend’s death remain insoluble problems, by the end of ...more
Ds
Mar 03, 2016 Ds rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood-teen
Uhm, finalmente un argomento che volevo si affrontasse già molto tempo prima. La morte di un compagno di classe (o di qualcuno di giovane). Non voglio essere morbosa. E' solo che ero molto curiosa di sapere come le ragazzine avrebbero reagito. Facendo qualcosa ovviamente! Eppure ci sono dei piccoli tocchi che ho apprezzato molto. Il fatto che Mary Anne riveli di essere stata da una psicoterapeuta, di andarci nuovamente (oltre che usufruire dell'aiuto fornito a scuola), le cose di cui si preoccup ...more
Samantha Glasser
Jan 28, 2014 Samantha Glasser rated it really liked it
I don't remember this book, but I have an old diary where I wrote a note to my friend apologizing for laughing at her for crying when she read this. I told her, "I am crying too."
April
May 01, 2013 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, childrens

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Rebeccadanielle
Feb 27, 2015 Rebeccadanielle rated it liked it
Shelves: children-1990s
I'll admit it, I got teary eyed. Mary Anne and the Memory Garden is a BSC book where the girls learn to cope in their own way after a classmate is tragically killed. I like the BSC books where they deal with an issue like this.
Shannon
Jul 20, 2011 Shannon rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1996
At this point in my BSC reading career, I vaguely recall being disappointed at the random new things that would seem thrown into the books. Mary Anne was my favorite character, but she seemed way too sappy in this book.
Rachel Brand
I remember reading this at the age of nine and thinking about how different it was from the usual BSC books. They'd dealt with serious issues in the past, but this book just had a generally serious feel all throughout.
Nancy
Oct 31, 2013 Nancy rated it it was ok
Shelves: rereading
In which a character we know nothing about and have never seen before - meh, maybe she was mentioned in passing in a previous book to set this one up, but not much - dies and MA is traumatized.
Sally
Apr 29, 2009 Sally rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, bsc
Aw, this one was sad. Quite a good book, so different to any of the previous ones.
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Marily
Marily rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Malissa
Malissa rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
Tiffany Manning
Tiffany Manning marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Rony Hesler
Rony Hesler marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Emma Wolvers
Emma Wolvers marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Kerry
Kerry added it
Aug 02, 2016
Lisa Birch
Lisa Birch rated it did not like it
Jul 31, 2016
Lynn Demsky
Lynn Demsky marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Bekah
Bekah added it
Lauren Elliott
Lauren Elliott marked it as to-read
Mdm Sos
Mdm Sos marked it as to-read
Kayleigh
Kayleigh marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
  • The Middle School Gets Married (Sweet Valley Twins and Friends #68)
  • Summer Rider (Saddle Club, #68)
  • Peer Pressure (Girl Talk, #9)
  • Battlecry Forever! (Thoroughbred: Ashleigh's Collection)
  • What Zoey Saw (Making Out, #6)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)