White Fluffy Clouds: Found Inspiration Moving Forward

White Fluffy Clouds: Found Inspiration Moving Forward

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  272 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Published January 28th 2003 (first published 2003)

Susan Storm
Having been a fan of Incubus since about the age of 13, I was excited to finally read the books written by frontman Brandon Boyd. This book was pretty much what I expected. There's a lot of incredible artwork that Boyd himself created, and some ramblings on everything from philosophy, to science and childhood phobias. If you are a fan of Incubus you will probably enjoy this book. It's full of incredible artwork, and it mostly IS artwork, there is not too much to read (it took me about 10 minutes...more
Jake Moore
Having been a fan of Incbus's music I felt I'd give Mr. Boyd's art/poetry a try and purchased this item. While the poetry/song-writing features are pretty lacking, his (self proclaimed) ramblings and artwork are something to behold. Although his writing tends to be a little self loathing at times he never ceases to bring around a positive "vibe" and leave you feeling like you just had an intimate conversation with an old friend. His artwork, although slightly out-there, is pure eye candy. He ble...more
Caroline
This book has been a consistent inspiration for me throughout the years. It was made by the lead singer of Incubus and consists of a collection of drawings and writings. Sometimes there are misspelled words and the drawings were done on the side of important documents and i love that you can see the humanity in it. His thoughts often parallel mine as a self-conscious, existential, lost, confused artist. Every time i look as this book i get so f*cking inspired and i love it. And the sequel is jus...more
Nieller
As a fan of inbucus i was so excited to read this book. With Brandon Boyd artwork and different philosophies in life. Because i found the songs of incubus were really amazing that is why it is so inspiring to read this book.
Cheryl
I adore Brandon Boyd. His voice and lyrics can lift me to another place and I cherish every song that I hear. I was so excited to finally receive his book for Christmas. It was a nice insight to his clever mind and I really enjoyed his artwork.

For the price of admission, I would have liked a little more....but I'm happy enough with what I got.

4 Stars.
Derek Humes
Was expecting more text than what is in it (more artwork than I expected). However, enjoyed the artwork, and the text included in it. Would have liked more 'memoir' style stories. Some of the material was just a touch 'unclassy' for my tastes. However, I do recommend to anyone looking for a different reading experience.
Andrew Neveils
The art is pretty amazing, the lack of cohesion makes this book stream of conscience in nature, an I think that takes away some of the beauty in carefully crafting your words to express your thoughts. The intention is there, but Boyd doesn't quite pull it off.

It's still a good, quick read.
Cassandra
A book of photos, drawings, thoughts and poetry from Brandon Boyd. I love the art in this book, something about his artistic style really appeals to me. Whether you like Incubus or not, this book proves Brandon Boyd is multi-talented.
Puja
Aug 06, 2007 Puja rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes incubus
go ahead and laugh at me but it's lovely to see art from musicians in a different way -- esp when it explains so much that is simple yet you cant put into words.
Chazz Clark

I enjoy Brandon as an artist. And a person. This book was awesome because you got to see a little bit into his world. I'm enjoyed it a lot.
Tonya
Not really anything to read. Sketches and poems. Was a book I wanted for years and when I got it was a little disappointed.
Casey
Good if you like art, poetic musings, or the combination of the two.
Vidya Kulavil
i haven't read this book yet, but i really want it.
Briánna
Great pictures and great mind...
Chocolate
Brandon Boyd is so Awesome !!
Ja Fernandez
Sep 05, 2007 Ja Fernandez marked it as to-read
hahahaha. I WISH. :))
Ed Er
the best!!!
Tori
beautiful.
Trofin Vlad
Trofin Vlad marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Rominna Romero
Rominna Romero marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Fiorella
Fiorella marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Sharon Lia
Sharon Lia marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Lucre
Lucre marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Natalia Hipólito
Natalia Hipólito marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
  • Hind Swaraj and Other Writings
  • The Lost Daughter of Happiness: A Novel
  • Selected Poems
  • Rescue Me
  • Asian American Dreams: The Emergence of an American People
  • Love Poems of Elizabeth and Robert Browning
  • Fox Girl
  • Watching the Tree to Catch a Hare: A Chinese Daughter Reflects on Happiness, Spiritual Beliefs and Universal
  • The Chinese in America: A Narrative History
  • Whiteness of a Different Color: European Immigrants and the Alchemy of Race
  • The Silent Language
  • All I Asking for Is My Body (Kolowalu Book)
  • Shadrach
  • The Pigman's Legacy
  • The Athenian Murders
  • American Woman
  • Ryan White: My Own Story
  • Me Times Three
From The Murks Of The Sultry Abyss Hers Is Beauty White Puffy Clouds Brandon Boyd: So The Echo Jaguar's Revenge

“I think perhaps love thrives on unlikely circumstances and chance : life thrives on these principles, and is life not love? And love not life?” 19 likes
“Above our heads exists an infinity of unfathomable fantasiastics: and fields of future fireside fables trail close behind” 17 likes