Start by marking “El gran libro del dragón” as Want to Read:
El gran libro del dragón

El gran libro del dragón

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  243 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Desde los rincones más inaccesibles del mundo el Dragón acecha misterionamente. Este gigantesco reptil volador, cubierto de escamas de brillantes colores, provisto de aguzadas garras de predador y con la mágica capacidad de lanzar fuego por la boca aparece en la mayoría de las leyendas como un terrible monstruo. Pero también es un ser inteligente y astuto, dotado del habla ...more
Published February 28th 2006 by Dac Editions (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about El gran libro del dragón, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El gran libro del dragón

Algernon
It's not a comic book, it's more of a coffee-table art album showcasing the talent of graphic artist Ciruelo Cabral.

It's got dragons in it, many of the images are wall poster quality (or desktop backgound candidates). As a bonus, there's a good selection of text: legends, histories, classifications of dragons, habits, favorite foods, etc. It almost feels life a detailed wikipedia entry on the subject of flying lizards.

What I liked best about the book is how well the translation to ebook was man
Nanu
2015 Reading Challenge: #7. Un libro con personajes no humanos: Dragones.

El libro está dividido en dos partes: la primera es una especie de enciclopedia de dragones y la segunda tiene varias leyendas sobre los individuos en cuestión. La edición es hermosa y, obviamente, está llena de ilustraciones de Ciruelo.
¡Amo este libro! <3
Popo
The artwork in this book is gorgeous. I love that the book is so large, because you can really enjoy the illustrations and it feels magical reading it! My favorite sections of the book were "Part Three: Cultures and Customs" and "Part Four: Legends." The first half of the book explains "General Information" and "Types of Dragons," which seemed a little redundant after a while.

I had just finished "The Book of Dragons" by Michael Hague prior to reading this, so it was fun comparing the legends. Th
Nichole Davis
Oct 23, 2010 Nichole Davis rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children who love dragons or parents who want to introduce their children to dragons.
Beautiful artwork and an excellent work of fiction, done to appear to be a factual study of dragons as if they were a factual animal still in existence.

The introduction explains that the book was written after a careful study of ancient manuscripts but then goes on to say "WE do not, however, claim that this book is an encyclopedia of dragons or an exhaustive study on dragon science, for such work would fill volumes. We are simply allowing the reader to enter into the secret world of dragons, m
Jess Geoghegan
It was a good book to read and learn about Dragons. I love the author's art work. I have his calendars through out the years.
How ever some of the stores where so depression and rushed. Others where pretty good. My favorite one was, Jilocasin. Near the end it was a little sad, but the ending was touching.
Tom
The artwork is, in places, really breath-taking. I'm tinkering with my own short story on the subject, and some of these images were very inspiring.
As for the text, there are some disappointments:
The descriptions of the species of dragons is charming, but could have been much more detailed.
I think it could have done without the screechy preachy "message" about endangered species and the ecological balance. It really spoils an otherwise charming book.
My hat is off to the author for researching a
Josie
Good book. I loved the Legends in the last chapter.
K. Germain
If only it was true...
Michael Hall
Lots of pretty pictures about dragons. This book is all about dragons. Their life cycle, habitat, anatomy, and environmental impact, etc. A charming book. My only complaint is that overall the atmosphere was pretty generic and could have done with a bit less preachiness about endangered species and such... that said, I wonder what a dragon tastes like?
Daphne Racoon
Exceptionally detailed artwork! Ciruelo's works (created entirely using traditional means) never fail to amaze me. [note: Illustrations made in 1991!]
The information on dragons is also remarkably presented-truly provides the reader with an insight into the vast world of these maginificent creatures.
T.L. Wood
This has informative and humorous stories about dragons. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, while doing research for my books that I write. It was an easy read, very enchanting; with brilliant, fantasy art illustrations. Any fantasy art or dragon lover would thoroughly enjoy this book.
Cecilia
Jan 07, 2009 Cecilia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cecilia by: fantasy art lovers
This is a GREAT book. Ciruelo's art is wonderful (I still remember when I saw his paints in "Le Palais de Glace" in Buenos Aires), and in this book, we have a complete guide into the Dragon's life and nature. And of course, there are wonderful pictures to enjoy it even more.
Clayton Bott
A decent overview on the variety of dragons in the world with wonderful artwork mixed in. The list of dragon varieties could have been much more inclusive though. European dragons seem to be the primary focus here.
Fantasy  Gifts
Each of these wondrous creatures has its own unique personality and history, and it's captured dramatically on these spectacular pages. But the revelations go beyond the images.
Ladyonuk
May 12, 2009 Ladyonuk rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: dragon lovers
Shelves: dragons, art, fantasy
The book that made me love dragons. Ciruelo's art is greatly enriched by the text descriptions. Good read for any dragon lover!
Seawater
A really nice book, with lots of information, stories and beautiful artwork. I read through it quite a lot when I was younger.
Janine
A beautiful book of dragon artwork by an extraordinary artist.
Peter Berg
amazing art, amazing writing
Marcy Wilson
Marcy Wilson marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Benjamin
Benjamin marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Dominic
Dominic marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Nicholas
Nicholas marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Sophie
Sophie is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2015
Nieh
Nieh added it
Aug 15, 2015
Catherine Lehmann
Catherine Lehmann marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Mago
Mago added it
Aug 13, 2015
Katelynn
Katelynn marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Dragons, dragons ...: The Book of the Dragon, by Ciruelo Cabral 1 3 Oct 16, 2012 11:57AM
  • Dragonart: How to Draw Fantastic Dragons and Fantasy Creatures
  • Giants, Monsters, and Dragons: An Encyclopedia of Folklore, Legend, and Myth
  • Monsterology (Ologies, #6)
  • The Flight of Dragons
  • Macanudo 2 (Macanudo, #2)
  • The Dragonology Handbook: A Practical Course in Dragons
  • Il était une fois
  • A Practical Guide to Dragons
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Kanzenban 01 (Full Metal Alchemist Kanzenban, #1)
  • Castles (An Original Bantam Gift Book)
  • Dragons: A Natural History
  • Dragons and Unicorns: A Natural History
  • Dragons (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Heredero de las hadas (El último reino, #1)
  • The Dragons of Magic (Magic: The Gathering: Anthology, #6)
  • Dragon Avenger (Age of Fire #2)
  • The Lexicon: An Unauthorized Guide to Harry Potter Fiction and Related Materials
  • Trolls
Gustavo Cabral, más conocido como Ciruelo, es un artista argentino del rubro fantástico, especializado en dragones.
More about Ciruelo Cabral...
Cuaderno de Viajes de Ciruelo Cuaderno de Sueños de Ciruelo Ciruelo Fairies And Dragons: Art Is Magic Luz, the Art of Ciruelo (1)

“Adult dragons are,astute,powerful,and sure of their strength. ” 3 likes