Start by marking “X-Factor: Many Lives of Madrox” as Want to Read:
X-Factor: Many Lives of Madrox

X-Factor: Many Lives of Madrox (X-Factor vol. III #3)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  693 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Five words to strike fear into the hearts of spies and evildoers everywhere: Jamie Madrox, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Except that when Madrox decides it's time to start gathering in the stray dupes that are still wandering around, the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent doesn't especially want to go...and S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't especially inclined to let him go. Plus: Peter David and artist Pablo R ...more
Published May 30th 2007 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about X-Factor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Factor

Paul
ha ha ha, so Doc Samson is terapist to mutants now?
I am completely lost when it comes to the Marvel Universe. I used to be the penultimate Marvel junkie, and used to buy just about every book Marvel put out, then somewhere at the end of the eighties or start of the nineties, something happened and I just quit... cold turkey.
Apart from some self-contained series, I have not been keeping up with Marvel continuity.

All that to say that, apart from Doc Samson, I have absolutely no ides who any of the
The_Mad_Swede
This third volume collects issues #13–17 of Peter David's latest X-Factor (vol. 3) run. Jamie Madrox goes on a quest to collect a number of duplicates he has sent out into the world to learn various things (including the one who has become an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.).

Taking a step back in grading from the preceding volume, I cannot shake the feeling of a possible discovery or realisation: Is David stuck in an MPD notion which is already outdated in psychological terms?

Do not get me wrong, obviousl
Christopher Munroe
There's a lot going on in Volume Three of X-Factor, plots get advanced, characters get developed, everyone goes to therapy, but I'm going to focus on the bit that I liked best, because I'm in a good mood and as such want to focus on things I like.

The Many Lives of Madrox storyline tells the exact same story three times over the course of three issues, with wildly different tones and results, which I found fascinating. Jamie Madrox tracks down a duplicate he sent out years ago, has a look at the
Steven Matview
This series, writer Peter David’s second stab at writing the X-Factor comic, reinvents the team as a supernatural detective agency modeled after Joss Whedon’s Angel series. The series had a lot of ups and downs but was at its best when it stuck to its noir roots, like in this first collection. Multiple Man makes for a good lead but it’s David’s work making the reader care for the rest of b and c list X-characters and the family that forms around them that makes this book worth reading.
Matt
This volume has two of my favorite one-off stories from X-Factor: the Re-X-Aminations issue, which has Doc Samson coming back and analyzing the members of X-Factor (a reprise of David's original run on the book), and the issue where Madrox visits a dupe of his who has become a priest. I absolutely love both issues, even if Raimondi is one of my less favorite artists on the book.
Federiken Masters
Oootro tomo que había marcado como leído pero recién en su "relectura" me di cuenta de que no tenía leído un comino. Con respecto al tomo anterior, el nivel no sólo no baja sino que sube más todavía, principalmente gracias a los excelentes capítulos de la sesión terapéutica y a la mini saga de John Maddox.
KJ
Mar 04, 2008 KJ rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: marvel
What I learned from this book is that Peter David is always... and I mean ALWAYS... an amazing writer. I don't think there is a Peter David book I have not enjoyed, from his Hulk run to his Sachs & Violence mini-series. I highly recommend the current run of X-Factor to everybody.
Jana
This includes books #13-17.

All of these stories were good, but #13 was enough to warrant the 5 stars. One at a time the characters each visit the psychiatrist (the book is called Re-X-Aminations). Fabulously drawn by Pablo Raimondi.
Jacobi
The idea of Jamie having to go around to collect his duplicates that scattered all around the country to make himself whole again is super neat. I just wish the storyline was explored further, but I still dug this volume quite a bit.
Nathan Kennedy
Why I bother to read newer stuff just because of hype when I could just stick to the authors I know and love and therefore stay interested in a hobby I use to enjoy, I'll never know. Peter David is nerddom's greatest writer.
Emily
This is currently under my bed, keeping the Watchmen company :)
Lord
Anyone who doesn't believe that X-Factor is the best mutant related ongoing series should read this book. Peter David is that good.
Angela
You get to see what happens to all of Madrox duplicates,interesting and emotional.
Sharon
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Brian Williams
**star only review**
Frances
Frances marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
  • Guardians of the Galaxy/All-New X-Men: The Trial of Jean Grey
  • X-23, Vol. 1: The Killing Dream
  • Fantastic Four, Volume 4
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to humo
More about Peter David...
Imzadi (Star Trek the Next Generation) Q-Squared Q-In-Law (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #18) X-Factor: The Longest Night Vendetta (Star Trek: The Next Generation)