Start by marking “X-Factor: Many Lives of Madrox” as Want to Read:
X-Factor: Many Lives of Madrox

X-Factor: Many Lives of Madrox (X-Factor vol. III #3)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  855 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Five words to strike fear into the hearts of spies and evildoers everywhere: Jamie Madrox, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Except that when Madrox decides it's time to start gathering in the stray dupes that are still wandering around, the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent doesn't especially want to go...and S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't especially inclined to let him go. Plus: Peter David and artist Pablo R ...more
Published May 30th 2007 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about X-Factor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Factor

X-Men by Chris ClaremontX-Men by Chris ClaremontAstonishing X-Men, Vol. 1 by Joss WhedonAstonishing X-Men Omnibus by Joss WhedonAstonishing X-Men, Vol. 2 by Joss Whedon
X-Men Trade Paperbacks
96th out of 204 books — 78 voters
Watchmen by Alan MooreBatman by Frank MillerBatman by Alan MooreBatman by Frank MillerBatman by Jeph Loeb
Best Superhero Graphic Novels
236th out of 448 books — 304 voters

More lists with this book...

Stephen
Mar 28, 2015 Stephen rated it liked it
description

After the first two volumes which were terrific, X-factor has now slowed down a bit. This book is more about developing the characters, and starting mainly with Jaimie Madrox as he tries to round up some of his crazy duplicates as possible. His dupes have their own will and mind and when Jamie reabsorbs them, he gets all the life experiences the dupes had. Jamie suffers from having multiple personalities, which plays tricks with his memory so sometimes he doesn't know if he did it or if it were
Paul
Sep 07, 2013 Paul rated it liked it
ha ha ha, so Doc Samson is terapist to mutants now?
I am completely lost when it comes to the Marvel Universe. I used to be the penultimate Marvel junkie, and used to buy just about every book Marvel put out, then somewhere at the end of the eighties or start of the nineties, something happened and I just quit... cold turkey.
Apart from some self-contained series, I have not been keeping up with Marvel continuity.

All that to say that, apart from Doc Samson, I have absolutely no ides who any of the
Labyrinth
Jan 24, 2016 Labyrinth rated it really liked it
This book opens with "Re-X-aminations" in which Doc Samson has a therapy session with each member of the team. This is in keeping with the book's focus on characterization. Short version as Doc puts it, They all bear further study." From there, Peter David continues the story's roller-coaster ride feel. You just never know what will happen next. There's always the "X-Factor" that sends events careening in a direction you didn't expect. For example, Jamie decides he needs to "get himself together ...more
Dan
Jun 16, 2015 Dan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This has to be my least favorite X-force incarnation. The many lives of -zzzzzz was so boring.
Silas
May 11, 2015 Silas rated it it was amazing
This volume continues a very interesting run of X-Factor following M Day, and continues to address some interesting implications of previous volumes while introducing more complications. As a thriller, this is something, and it just keeps getting bigger. I have some personal attachment to some of the characters, but they are also ones I don't often see any more. This is very well done, and includes attachments that I hadn't even thought of (but which make perfect sense in retrospect). In additio ...more
Matthew Price
Apr 30, 2016 Matthew Price added it
Shelves: x-men
X-Factor #13 is an homage of sorts to “X-Factor” #87 from Peter David’s previous run on the series. Both issues feature members of the X-Factor team seeing psychiatrist Leonard “Doc” Samson in an attempt to unburden themselves.

In issues 14-17, Madrox’s storyline focuses on his indecision.

Madrox is concerned about being unable to choose a direction – something that becomes even more clear when he and one of his duplicates hook up with two different members of his team.

More at NewsOK: http://newso
The_Mad_Swede
This third volume collects issues #13–17 of Peter David's latest X-Factor (vol. 3) run. Jamie Madrox goes on a quest to collect a number of duplicates he has sent out into the world to learn various things (including the one who has become an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.).

Taking a step back in grading from the preceding volume, I cannot shake the feeling of a possible discovery or realisation: Is David stuck in an MPD notion which is already outdated in psychological terms?

Do not get me wrong, obviousl
Christopher Munroe
There's a lot going on in Volume Three of X-Factor, plots get advanced, characters get developed, everyone goes to therapy, but I'm going to focus on the bit that I liked best, because I'm in a good mood and as such want to focus on things I like.

The Many Lives of Madrox storyline tells the exact same story three times over the course of three issues, with wildly different tones and results, which I found fascinating. Jamie Madrox tracks down a duplicate he sent out years ago, has a look at the
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
3.5 - I continue to enjoy this series, and I am looking forward to reading more. Who would have thought my random craving for Jamie Madrox would lead me to reading an entire new X-men series I have never picked up before?
Steven Matview
Jan 21, 2014 Steven Matview rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This series, writer Peter David’s second stab at writing the X-Factor comic, reinvents the team as a supernatural detective agency modeled after Joss Whedon’s Angel series. The series had a lot of ups and downs but was at its best when it stuck to its noir roots, like in this first collection. Multiple Man makes for a good lead but it’s David’s work making the reader care for the rest of b and c list X-characters and the family that forms around them that makes this book worth reading.
Christina Azzo
When each member of X-Factor is having their own therapy session in the beginning, it's quite good. The fallout from that is interesting. As it goes, it starts to just feel like setup for the next volume. The next volume looks like it will be good, but this one suffered for it. I did really enjoy seeing Monet and Siryn act like friends. Rictor and Rahne's complicated relationship is fascinating. Rictor is pretty entertaining. Pablo Raimondi's and Khoi Pham's art was very nice to look at in this. ...more
Matt
Nov 09, 2011 Matt rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-factor
This volume has two of my favorite one-off stories from X-Factor: the Re-X-Aminations issue, which has Doc Samson coming back and analyzing the members of X-Factor (a reprise of David's original run on the book), and the issue where Madrox visits a dupe of his who has become a priest. I absolutely love both issues, even if Raimondi is one of my less favorite artists on the book.
Federiken Masters
Dec 17, 2013 Federiken Masters rated it really liked it
Oootro tomo que había marcado como leído pero recién en su "relectura" me di cuenta de que no tenía leído un comino. Con respecto al tomo anterior, el nivel no sólo no baja sino que sube más todavía, principalmente gracias a los excelentes capítulos de la sesión terapéutica y a la mini saga de John Maddox.
KJ
Mar 04, 2008 KJ rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel
What I learned from this book is that Peter David is always... and I mean ALWAYS... an amazing writer. I don't think there is a Peter David book I have not enjoyed, from his Hulk run to his Sachs & Violence mini-series. I highly recommend the current run of X-Factor to everybody.
Jana
May 10, 2011 Jana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-comic
This includes books #13-17.

All of these stories were good, but #13 was enough to warrant the 5 stars. One at a time the characters each visit the psychiatrist (the book is called Re-X-Aminations). Fabulously drawn by Pablo Raimondi.
Jacobi
Jan 31, 2015 Jacobi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trades-read
The idea of Jamie having to go around to collect his duplicates that scattered all around the country to make himself whole again is super neat. I just wish the storyline was explored further, but I still dug this volume quite a bit.
Nathan Kennedy
Jul 06, 2013 Nathan Kennedy rated it it was amazing
Why I bother to read newer stuff just because of hype when I could just stick to the authors I know and love and therefore stay interested in a hobby I use to enjoy, I'll never know. Peter David is nerddom's greatest writer.
Emily
Nov 30, 2008 Emily rated it really liked it
This is currently under my bed, keeping the Watchmen company :)
Jedhua
My Brief Bookshelf Overview: amusing, emotional, exciting-premise, likable-or-deep-characters, mature, suspenseful-or-engaging
Lord
Jul 21, 2011 Lord rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, marvel
Anyone who doesn't believe that X-Factor is the best mutant related ongoing series should read this book. Peter David is that good.
Angela
Apr 30, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You get to see what happens to all of Madrox duplicates,interesting and emotional.
Sharon
Oct 14, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Brian Williams
Aug 13, 2011 Brian Williams rated it really liked it
**star only review**
amanda
May 15, 2012 amanda rated it really liked it
Shane Charles
Shane Charles rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Mela
Mela rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
Knowan Attall
Knowan Attall rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Tony Grogan
Tony Grogan marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Harrison Scalf
Harrison Scalf marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
  • The Immortal Iron Fist, Vol. 3: The Book of the Iron Fist
  • Young Avengers, Vol. 1: Sidekicks (Young Avengers, #1)
  • X-Men: Messiah CompleX
  • X-Men: Second Coming Revelations
  • New X-Men: Childhood's End, Vol. 5: Quest for Magik
  • X-Men: Age of X
  • Guardians of the Galaxy/All-New X-Men: The Trial of Jean Grey
  • Spider-Man: Brand New Day, Vol. 1
  • Nextwave, Agents of H.A.T.E., Vol. 2: I Kick Your Face
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to humo
More about Peter David...

X-Factor vol. III (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • X-Factor: Madrox - Multiple Choice