Start by marking “Happy Hector: A Tilly and Friends Book (Tilly and Friends)” as Want to Read:
Happy Hector: A Tilly and Friends Book (Tilly and Friends)

Happy Hector: A Tilly and Friends Book (Tilly and Friends)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Meet Tilly and her friends! From the celebrated Polly Dunbar comes the second in a series of humorous stories about a lovable group of pals.
Hector the pig is very happy sitting on Tilly's lap, until Tiptoe, Pru, Tumpty, and Doodle squish their way in and spoil it. But Tilly knows how to show her friend Hector how special he is -- by painting a picture just for him.
Published October 14th 2008 by Candlewick Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Happy Hector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Hector

Littlebug’s Snoozing on the Job(My 2 year old daughter's opinion): “Yep, mom’s right, I’m sweepy! Ever since we got back from papa’s house I haven’t felt good, but I’m so happy I have my Tumppy (supposed to be Tumpty). My daddy gave him to me for my birfday and he is with me all the time.

“My favorite book out of all of these is always Where’s Tumppy? because it has my favorite animal ever in it,’phant! ‘Phants are the best because they have big floppy ears and they are perfect for hugging. In th
This is another book I got for my son's summer reading program, which he enjoyed as did I. It is a cute and simple book about Hector the pig, who is perfectly happy sitting on his friend Tilly's lap. That is, until all the other animals that live in Tilly's house all decide that they want to do the same thing. Hector is now upset because he didn't want to play with the other animals, he just wanted Tilly, so she paints a picture of Hector. He loves it and then gets to sit in Tilly's lap again, w ...more
Lumi / Otso
read this in norwegian; great for 3.5 year old.
Dunbar's fantastic illustrations and simple, sweet writing make this a wonderful book for the toddler - preschool crew. Hector just wants Tilly's attention and we watch him (along with his animal friends) go through the emotions happy, sad and really happy.
Polly Dunbar's illustrations are *hilarious* yet so simple, and the washed-out hues are incredibly . . . pacific? Anyhoo, her books are just a warm hug in the bosom of a favorite aunt who is chuckling in a loving, good-natured way. Highly recommended
Hector the pig is unhappy when all the other animals want to play with Tilly, but eventually he realizes that he can be happy even though he does not have Tilly all to himself.
This is a lot better than the last Tilly and Friends book that I read, it is super cute, and "I am the happiest I have ever been!" is a darling line.
Again as the last Polly Dunbar book; pictures so cute, story okay. I'll still check it out for Lola because she liked the last one for some reason.
yay for blue paint - had quite discussion with the kindy kids on painting your nose blue
Violet just LOVES this series.
"sharing, attention, feelings"
Love her illustrations as always!
Kasia Plichcińska
Kasia Plichcińska marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Emma marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Katie added it
Aug 06, 2015
Christina Sipes
Christina Sipes marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Jameson Brotz
Jameson Brotz marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Mya added it
Mar 12, 2015
Ian added it
Mar 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Polly Dunbar is the author-illustrator of many children’s books, including DOG BLUE, PENGUIN, and six stories featuring Tilly and Friends. She is also the illustrator of David Almond’s MY DAD'S A BIRDMAN. Polly Dunbar lives in Brighton, England.
More about Polly Dunbar...

Tilly and Friends (6 books)
  • Good Night, Tiptoe: A Tilly and Friends Book
  • Where's Tumpty?: A Tilly and Friends Book
  • Hello, Tilly: A Tilly and Friends Book (Tilly and Friends)
  • Doodle Bites: A Tilly and Friends Book