Start by marking “Happy Hector: A Tilly and Friends Book (Tilly and Friends)” as Want to Read:
Happy Hector: A Tilly and Friends Book (Tilly and Friends)

Happy Hector: A Tilly and Friends Book (Tilly and Friends)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Meet Tilly and her friends! From the celebrated Polly Dunbar comes the second in a series of humorous stories about a lovable group of pals.
Hector the pig is very happy sitting on Tilly's lap, until Tiptoe, Pru, Tumpty, and Doodle squish their way in and spoil it. But Tilly knows how to show her friend Hector how special he is -- by painting a picture just for him.
Published October 14th 2008 by Candlewick Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Happy Hector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Hector

Danielle
Littlebug’s Snoozing on the Job(My 2 year old daughter's opinion): “Yep, mom’s right, I’m sweepy! Ever since we got back from papa’s house I haven’t felt good, but I’m so happy I have my Tumppy (supposed to be Tumpty). My daddy gave him to me for my birfday and he is with me all the time.

“My favorite book out of all of these is always Where’s Tumppy? because it has my favorite animal ever in it,’phant! ‘Phants are the best because they have big floppy ears and they are perfect for hugging. In th
Tapani Aulu
Hauska idea kirjoittaa painotettavat sanat isommalla ja lihavoituna. Ääneenluettavaksihan nämä on tarkoitettu.
Rachel
Jun 18, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
This is another book I got for my son's summer reading program, which he enjoyed as did I. It is a cute and simple book about Hector the pig, who is perfectly happy sitting on his friend Tilly's lap. That is, until all the other animals that live in Tilly's house all decide that they want to do the same thing. Hector is now upset because he didn't want to play with the other animals, he just wanted Tilly, so she paints a picture of Hector. He loves it and then gets to sit in Tilly's lap again, w ...more
Lumi / Otso
Nov 10, 2014 Lumi / Otso rated it it was amazing
read this in norwegian; great for 3.5 year old.
Modboy
Aug 07, 2010 Modboy rated it liked it
Dunbar's fantastic illustrations and simple, sweet writing make this a wonderful book for the toddler - preschool crew. Hector just wants Tilly's attention and we watch him (along with his animal friends) go through the emotions happy, sad and really happy.
D
May 08, 2012 D rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-lit
Polly Dunbar's illustrations are *hilarious* yet so simple, and the washed-out hues are incredibly . . . pacific? Anyhoo, her books are just a warm hug in the bosom of a favorite aunt who is chuckling in a loving, good-natured way. Highly recommended
Michael Earp
Dec 30, 2011 Michael Earp rated it it was amazing
Paula
Hector the pig is unhappy when all the other animals want to play with Tilly, but eventually he realizes that he can be happy even though he does not have Tilly all to himself.
Natalie
Apr 24, 2009 Natalie rated it liked it
This is a lot better than the last Tilly and Friends book that I read, it is super cute, and "I am the happiest I have ever been!" is a darling line.
Susan
Apr 23, 2009 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Again as the last Polly Dunbar book; pictures so cute, story okay. I'll still check it out for Lola because she liked the last one for some reason.
Tania
May 08, 2010 Tania rated it really liked it
yay for blue paint - had quite discussion with the kindy kids on painting your nose blue
Terrah
Mar 23, 2011 Terrah rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Violet just LOVES this series.
Tina Bartholoma
Dec 10, 2009 Tina Bartholoma rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
"sharing, attention, feelings"
Megan
Mar 16, 2010 Megan rated it liked it
Love her illustrations as always!
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Drsandhya
Drsandhya is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2016
Mm Macalintal
Mm Macalintal marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
K Bott-Suzuki
K Bott-Suzuki rated it did not like it
Jun 18, 2016
Deepti Beke
Deepti Beke marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Manidipa Mandal
Manidipa Mandal marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
AddyF
AddyF rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
ebbie peters
ebbie peters rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2016
Jann Johnson
Jann Johnson rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2016
Manidipa Mandal
Manidipa Mandal rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Trinity
Trinity rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Polly Dunbar is the author-illustrator of many children’s books, including DOG BLUE, PENGUIN, and six stories featuring Tilly and Friends. She is also the illustrator of David Almond’s MY DAD'S A BIRDMAN. Polly Dunbar lives in Brighton, England.
More about Polly Dunbar...

Tilly and Friends (6 books)
  • Good Night, Tiptoe: A Tilly and Friends Book
  • Where's Tumpty?
  • Hello, Tilly: A Tilly and Friends Book (Tilly and Friends)
  • Doodle Bites: A Tilly and Friends Book